Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Tampa is now showing in Sprint.com. Not sure how I feel about that, given how spotty things still are. It's just inviting complaints from the Sprint haters.

Interesting.  I got a notification about 4G coming to our area.  I was wondering if that was a hint they were going to "launch" soon.

I'd be surprised if they would launch anytime soon with add many sites that are still left and the spotty coverage going on.

Funny I had a guy at the airport wanting to complain about our airline app and said his phone app just kept spinning. Where he was at the airport was a bad spot and he locked on a weak 4G signal and that was his issue. He said he had Sprint and I explained they are in the process of build out in our area and I told him it would get better in a few more months.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be surprised if they would launch anytime soon with add many sites that are still left and the spotty coverage going on.

Funny I had a guy at the airport wanting to complain about our airline app and said his phone app just kept spinning. Where he was at the airport was a bad spot and he locked on a weak 4G signal and that was his issue. He said he had Sprint and I explained they are in the process of build out in our area and I told him it would get better in a few more months.

I had the same thing happening yesterday. I presume that they were working on the tower where near my job, around Falkenburg and Windhorst in Tampa/Brandon. Everyone there with Sprint service mysterious had low battery life that day. Sure enough, EVDO was acting up. Extremely slow, if any response time loading data. A couple if times I got a 'Cannot activate cellular data' error, but I spent most if the day on 1x. Of course, I explained that they they were probably doing tower work. Hoping this means I can get LTE at work soon!

I'm hoping same will happen in my situation near gone and at the airport. My cell at home has had panels for a while now and between other active LTE cells. Seem some signal adjustments on the active towers so maybe I am close at home. For those people at the airport, where service is really important. I am hoping the LTE cones on there soon add it is for other carriers. Seems like 3G enhancements at the airport are on place.

Went to work last night, looked at my phone and  4G was on. In Dundee. I drove around a bit this morning on the way home and maped it.  Had good signal in Dundee, Fair in Lake Hamilton and got week 4G on some hill tops in Haines City. Also drove south on 27 and turned on Cypress Gardens Blvd, lost 4G just before getting to Wal mart.

I mapped around 1000 pts 4G and will go back out this afternoon and map somemore.

Something's happening in Largo. My phone is going in and out of roaming. I checked the 1x engineering screen and saw band class 10 for just a second.

Edited by James

Something's happening in Largo. My phone is going in and out of roaming. I checked the 1x engineering screen and saw band class 10 for just a second.

Haven't been able to reconnect to 800 maybe they were doing some testing. Hopefully it will come on soon.

Meant to reply to you earlier but I spent a bit of time n Largo today at Largo Central Park. LTE was very strong and available in places it hasn't been before

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Meant to reply to you earlier but I spent a bit of time n Largo today at Largo Central Park. LTE was very strong and available in places it hasn't been before

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It's hard to keep track of new towers when they just improve coverage in an area already covered by a further away tower. I have noticed improved coverage around ulmerton and 66th and also along east bay.

• Like 1

Just read the announcement for the Tampa market being live. I work near the I4/I275 junction and 4G shows on my phone, but I get no data unless I switch to 3G. Seems odd to officially launch a market when you can't even use it in the city name for the market.

WOW! coverage map shows area where my office is as LTE Fair.  I can get LTE in the parking lot. and the speeds on LTE are just as fast as the awesome 3G that I get inside the building. 100Kbps down and 50kbps down with 300+ms ping times.

SIGH :unsure:

WOW! coverage map shows area where my office is as LTE Fair. I can get LTE in the parking lot. and the speeds on LTE are just as fast as the awesome 3G that I get inside the building. 100Kbps down and 50kbps down with 300+ms ping times.

SIGH :unsure:

That is my exact same issue I have. I am trying to be optimistic and believing this will get better for in building coverage?

I bet Sprint is getting aggravated too. The delays are more of an issue of manpower than anything. There are only so many qualified people to do this work, and all carriers nationwide, large and small, are upgrading their networks. Even the backhaul companies are stretched thin.

The bottom line is it's going to take as long as it's going to take. Sprint wants it done as soon as possible. But I believe it's exceeding all of our thoughts and hopes. But the deployment is still going. Fortunately it has not stopped.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Verizon's LTE was built out very quickly... And ATT is moving fast here.  seems Sprint must have lowballed the vendors so they are working for the highest paid first.

My brother lives in ridge manor Florida, just north of Dade city and he has great 4g lte service! Wouldn't think this area would get lte so quickly!

They could have at least lit the downtown tower. There are still areas unmapped on Sensorly though, like eastern Hernando and 75 north from the Pasco County line to Sumter County line where LTE is live and not mapped on Sensorly. I try to run it as much as I can when I'm around town. I think the excitement has worn off and some don't want to map anymore.

They could have at least lit the downtown tower. There are still areas unmapped on Sensorly though, like eastern Hernando and 75 north from the Pasco County line to Sumter County line where LTE is live and not mapped on Sensorly. I try to run it as much as I can when I'm around town. I think the excitement has worn off and some don't want to map anymore.

I'm still making daily, hoping to run across something nee

• Like 1

I bet Sprint is getting aggravated too. The delays are more of an issue of manpower than anything. There are only so many qualified people to do this work, and all carriers nationwide, large and small, are upgrading their networks. Even the backhaul companies are stretched thin.

The bottom line is it's going to take as long as it's going to take. Sprint wants it done as soon as possible. But I believe it's exceeding all of our thoughts and hopes. But the deployment is still going. Fortunately it has not stopped.

Verizon's LTE was built out very quickly... And ATT is moving fast here. seems Sprint must have lowballed the vendors so they are working for the highest paid first.

Not even close. It was bid out. The biddee cannot love ball, only the bidders can do that. Since the labor market was really tight by the time Sprint was bidding out, it was likely the opposite. Sprint and Tmo are probably paying a lot more...not less. Simple supply and demand.

There are only so many qualified workers out there, and Sprint's deployment is much more labor intensive as they are rebuilding their entire network. Every piece of hardware.

So now that Tampa is an official LTE market can I call them when my phone can not get data because it is connecting to an LTE tower that obviously has no backhaul :P

Yes. If you are in a launched market and have a good to strong LTE signal and no data throughout, you should call and open a ticket.