Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

East Polk county in the Orlando market? Only for Sprint i guess.

Just in case, Heres what i posted there.

"

Mapped another 1200 LTE points over the last 24 hours. Locations were in Dundee, Lake Hamilton, a spec of east Winterhaven and spotty spots of Haines City.

Sensorly is taking its time updating the coverage maps. Some of the points just now showing up were mapped almost 24 hours ago.".

Did some mapping yesterday, nothing new where I went. I did notice however at home I was roaming and connecting to different sites yesterday as well as when I left for work at 3am this morning. I can only hope the tower, which had had panels on it for some time now, is undergoing some work to make LTE live soon. The tower I am referring to us located on the northeast side of the panther trace subdivision in Riverview.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Found the coverage in my area around Providence Rd and Bloomingdale Ave has better 3G saturation than before the switch was flipped. I have barely noticed any enhanced 4G coverage anywhere in my travels. Dissaponting so far.

• Like 1

I am getting a 4G connection at work but no data whatsoever until I manually turn off LTE on the phone, then I get the pitifully slow 3G that I have always gotten.

I work in Sable Park near 301 and MLK.

I work in the same area.  3G has been pitiful lately.  Once I leave the Sable area, I pick up really good 3G and once I hit I4 heading to Citrus Park, I pick up a lot of LTE.

Did some mapping yesterday, nothing new where I went. I did notice however at home I was roaming and connecting to different sites yesterday as well as when I left for work at 3am this morning. I can only hope the tower, which had had panels on it for some time now, is undergoing some work to make LTE live soon. The tower I am referring to us located on the northeast side of the panther trace subdivision in Riverview.

The tower closest to me is still down for calls and data still as of today. It's been out all weekend and hoped it would be back up.  Since my work phone and personal are on Sprint it is starting to get annoying as I have to go outside to keep a decent call going.  I'm hoping its due to updates and not sure whether or not I should even bother calling.  One question is, without any calls (if it is a different issue), would they not know a tower was down already based on any network software telling them that?

The tower closest to me is still down for calls and data still as of today. It's been out all weekend and hoped it would be back up.  Since my work phone and personal are on Sprint it is starting to get annoying as I have to go outside to keep a decent call going.  I'm hoping its due to updates and not sure whether or not I should even bother calling.  One question is, without any calls (if it is a different issue), would they not know a tower was down already based on any network software telling them that?

I just got decent EVDO back over by my job. It was heavenly compared to going between 1x and EVDO.  1x wasn't bad, just slow, but EVDO kept timing out. I wished I had a way to make my iPhone 1x only last week.

I mapped a little of the Hillsborough Ave tower near 275 and Florida Ave. Then I mapped the tower that's now live on CR 39 in Plant City just north of I-4. Also I discovered a live tower technically in the Orlando market a mile east of County Line Rd on I-4. There are still towers in Hillsborough Cty that don't have any visible work done on them yet.

Question. The tower near my job just had panels installed. Anyone have any idea why they would remove the 2 existing panels that were on the site. The network engineer was there and told me he had no idea but said the old cabinets were still live.

On another note he did tell me he was there to run the scripts to turn on LTE but whether it was live was up to Sprint

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just got decent EVDO back over by my job. It was heavenly compared to going between 1x and EVDO.  1x wasn't bad, just slow, but EVDO kept timing out. I wished I had a way to make my iPhone 1x only last week.

I contacted Sprint this evening and he said "you're absoloutley right, that tower has been out (the one near me) since Friday.  He said it had an estimated time to completion of 06/24 and he said that they're past that but expect it to be back up in a few days. We shall see.  I'm ok with it, don't make a lot of voice calls from home, and go outside right now and can maintain a call if need be.

I just got decent EVDO back over by my job. It was heavenly compared to going between 1x and EVDO. 1x wasn't bad, just slow, but EVDO kept timing out. I wished I had a way to make my iPhone 1x only last week.

I contacted Sprint this evening and he said "you're absoloutley right, that tower has been out (the one near me) since Friday. He said it had an estimated time to completion of 06/24 and he said that they're past that but expect it to be back up in a few days. We shall see. I'm ok with it, don't make a lot of voice calls from home, and go outside right now and can maintain a call if need be.

Been mapping all week, nothing new although I see our region had a few site updates. On another note, after one full week, tower near me is still out.

Bump..sorry still curious about this

Question. The tower near my job just had panels installed. Anyone have any idea why they would remove the 2 existing panels that were on the site. The network engineer was there and told me he had no idea but said the old cabinets were still live.
On another note he did tell me he was there to run the scripts to turn on LTE but whether it was live was up to Sprint

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I don't know if its my phone but the last couple of days I cannot connect to ehrpd, just evdo.

Its been like this in Orlando as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Nextel shutdown.

Its been like this in Orlando as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Nextel shutdown.

I have seen some strange things this week too when mapping, but at least my local tower, after an outage for week, is now back online with its normally slow 3G speeds. I'm hoping the outage has something to do with upgrades.  We shall see.

It seems like there hasn't been any headway as for as lte. I know there is more to a build out than flipping a switch, it just seems like they've slowed way down.

I agree, seems like things have slowed down tremendously with still a great deal of work to do. Let's keep the faith, keep mapping, and post anything you spot new.

I agree, seems like things have slowed down tremendously with still a great deal of work to do. Let's keep the faith, keep mapping, and post anything you spot new.

For sure. I'm still hopefull. I know of 4 towers I've seen contractors on within the last 2 months. (Not sure if it was Sprint related or not) The towers were located 49 st n and about 44 ave n. Next was 54th ave n and 1st n. Next was 22 ave n and about 56th st n. The last was 62 ave s and MLK. All in St. Petersburg.

For sure. I'm still hopefull. I know of 4 towers I've seen contractors on within the last 2 months. (Not sure if it was Sprint related or not) The towers were located 49 st n and about 44 ave n. Next was 54th ave n and 1st n. Next was 22 ave n and about 56th st n. The last was 62 ave s and MLK. All in St. Petersburg.

Ok, well to add some hope I took one of my alternative routes home and chose US41.  Well, the stand-alone Sprint monopole located between Symmes Rd. and Big Bend on the east side of US41 now has panels on it.  It's not broadcasting LTE yet, but it now does have panels.  That is the most recent work I have seen in my area as of recent.

I think the tower in Pinellas on the corner of 66th and Ulmerton is live.  Typically if I get LTE there it is -112 or higher (lower?) and from a tower further West, today at that corner it was -85 dbm and as I moved away it went to -75 dbm.  This tower has had panels on it since November of last year at least. This should tower also should complete a continuous LTE connection from East to West from damn near the beach to 275

Thanks for the update Feech, good to see them still coming in.  Perhaps there is promise for sites that have had panels for a while getting the rest of the ground work done.  There are sites near me that are the same way and I keep a watch out all the time to see when they come online.

One question Robert might be able to answer that if a site is completed and accepted but not yet turned on, do they have to send someone to the site to fire it up for LTE, or can this be done remotely?  Are there techs who go out then and make adjustments to adjacent sites to avoid interference, or is all of this done remotely as well?