Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Looks to be the one by little manatee state park. Glad to see it finally came online after months of having panels up. There is hope then that the one near me will come online soon.

I took a motorcycle trip up to Michigan this weekend and found out promising all the way up and back how often I saw panels and LTE during my trip.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Looks to be the one by little manatee state park. Glad to see it finally came online after months of having panels up. There is hope then that the one near me will come online soon.I took a motorcycle trip up to Michigan this weekend and found out promising all the way up and back how often I saw panels and LTE during my trip.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like the one near the rest stop south of the Sun City exit is on too.

Wow, the one south of sun city center of the freeway didn't seem to be on a couple days ago. Interesting the weekend turn ons.

Looks to be the one by little manatee state park. Glad to see it finally came online after months of having panels up. There is hope then that the one near me will come online soon.

I took a motorcycle trip up to Michigan this weekend and found out promising all the way up and back how often I saw panels and LTE during my trip.

Wow that's a long way to ride. Experience any 800mhz smr on your way up and back?

Wow that's a long way to ride. Experience any 800mhz smr on your way up and back?

For most it seems like a long ride, but in my group of friends I am known for doing the long rides.  Another reason why I picked up the nickname I use here. I enjoy the challenge of them and the folks I meet along the way.  

I didn't notice any 800mhz SMR at all at times I used or looked at the phone at various locations.  When riding the bike was in my tour pak and was reporting out on a map to folks who I know who watched me real-time on a map as to where I was.  Initially I was going to meet folks in D.C. for Rolling Thunder, but changed destinations along the way as they canceled out due to bad weather on the day they were to leave Detroit for D.C.

Funny all of the sudden we are seeing action again.  I was mapping on the way home and decided to get off of I-4 at 50th St. and ride US-41 home to Riverview.  Just as I started to exit I was getting an increasingly strong LTE signal and poof, it went away.  I went by the site by the McDonalds at 50th St. & E. 7th Ave and saw multiple vehicles there, but the LTE signal didn't come back on.  They must have been testing there.

Hope to see more sites with panels come online soon.  Nice to see some activity around here again.

It is my understanding that the RFP Requirements for Backhaul was 250Mbps, and must be scalable for more upon request. There are some less than 250Mbps, when the local area cannot provide those speeds. Sites have a backhaul capacity field in our master schedule database. They say 250, 95, 55 or 50. I assume these are backhaul speeds being offered from the backhaul vendor. About 50% of them are blank. And approximately 25% say 250. About 10% say 95 and 55. Less than 5% say 50.

Robert

5G (1.2-1.5)Gbps backhaul coming to a network near you. :D

well, thats obviously  not the case with this 4G backhaul.

Well this is weird, my entire neighborhood is covered with 4g now, and now I also have coverage on my way to school. I'm not used to 4g I find my self turning it off, I guess I'm used to slow 3g. O.o

I am getting a 4G connection at work but no data whatsoever until I manually turn off LTE on the phone, then I get the pitifully slow 3G that I have always gotten.

I work in Sable Park near 301 and MLK.

I am getting a 4G connection at work but no data whatsoever until I manually turn off LTE on the phone, then I get the pitifully slow 3G that I have always gotten.

I work in Sable Park near 301 and MLK.

Yep, that's from the tower on I 4 and MLK, I couldn't upload points to Sensorly and I was right next to the tower. Since they just turned it on it might be still being worked on. I would call Sprint if it continues at the end of the week.

New tower just went up in Wimauma!!! (I'm mapping as I type.)

Took a motorcycle ride this morning and did some mapping down that way, down Buckeye Rd., down US-41, then down Moccasin Wallow, up Carter Rd., then back home.  Just waiting now for some of the other area towers that have panels to come online.  Funny the two near here marked as "in-progress" don't have panels yet but there are others that do.  Hopefully, since weather hasn't been so agreeable, some of the ground work will complete until they get back up in the towers again.

This rollout is taking way longer than I expected. Jumping in and out of LTE is worse than 3G speeds. I'm actually getting pretty aggravated with sprint at this point.

I bet Sprint is getting aggravated too. The delays are more of an issue of manpower than anything. There are only so many qualified people to do this work, and all carriers nationwide, large and small, are upgrading their networks. Even the backhaul companies are stretched thin.

The bottom line is it's going to take as long as it's going to take. Sprint wants it done as soon as possible. But I believe it's exceeding all of our thoughts and hopes. But the deployment is still going. Fortunately it has not stopped.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The tower on US-41 just north of Gibsonton Dr. in Gibsonton appears to be online now.  I could tell as I approached it and had strong signals while mapping down US-41 on the way home from work today headed toward Riverview.

Tampa is now showing in Sprint.com. Not sure how I feel about that, given how spotty things still are. It's just inviting complaints from the Sprint haters.

Does downtown Tampa have coverage at all?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Tampa is now showing in Sprint.com. Not sure how I feel about that, given how spotty things still are. It's just inviting complaints from the Sprint haters.

Does downtown Tampa have coverage at all?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

According to Sprint it 'does'. But it's listed as 'Fair'. Most if the market has 'fair' coverage. And if course, my iPhone being unable to lock on to weak signal, get nothing. It's like the threshold for official launch has dropped.