Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Where does one find said Press Release?

It's funny I spend an inordinate amount time on this site and I failed to read anything about it. Self flagellation commencing.

Where does one find said Press Release?

It's funny I spend an inordinate amount time on this site and I failed to read anything about it. Self flagellation commencing.

On the press release list on Sprint.com

Sent from my little Note2

Thanks for clarifying some of those things. I was getting LTE in El Cajon off broadway near Parkway Mall but went up a few blocks near second and lost it. Is it safe to say that all the Towers in El Cajon are 4G LTE approved because some of them are? And that they are just waiting to be finished upgrading?

i found this info ,i hope that coping it dose not get anyone upset ....

Did you know that with Sprint LTE Android devices, the signal strength indicator at the top does not show your LTE signal strength? Even if 4G is displayed next to it?

This signal displayed here is always your 1x (voice signal), and it is not your 3G EVDO signal strength, nor your LTE signal strength. Regardless of whether it says 3G or 4G next to it. This is the cause of a lot of confusion. Also, third party apps like NetMonitor and CDMA Field Test do not show accurate LTE signal strengths. They also only show the 1x signal strength, even though they may reference being connected to LTE.

The purpose of this thread is to help educate the masses, because many people think they have a strong LTE signal, when in fact they do not. And then they are unhappy, thinking that Sprint LTE is really slow, even with a strong signal. LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. So, when you have a weak signal, you can expect much slower than peak results.

There is only one accurate way to get your LTE signal strength, and that is from your LTE Engineering screen in your Debug menu. And we will discuss the different ways to get that below.

...In the EVO LTE, LG Viper, LG Optimus G & Motorola Photon Q LTE:

• Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG#
  • Select LTE Engineering
  • Go down to RSRP. The number under RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.

...In the Galaxy S-III, Victory LTE & Note II:

• Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG#
  • Enter 777468 for your lock code
  • Select LTE Engineering
  • Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.

...In the Galaxy Nexus:

• Go in to your phone app, and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#*
  • Enter 777468 for your lock code
  • Select LTE Engineering
  • Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.

The LTE Signal Strength Scale:

Now you have determined your actual LTE signal strength in dBms your device is receiving, you can use the following scale below to determine its strength:

• Better than -96dBm is a great signal
  • Between -97dBm and -107dBm is good
  • Between -108dBm and -114dBm is fair
  • Worse than -115dBm is poor

Feel free to link people to this thread for explanation. Hopefully, this will clear up some confusion out there!

NOTE: It appears that the iPhone 5 does show LTE signal strength in the status bar, when the LTE icon is displayed. So this does not apply to the iPhone.

Just a little FYI about 4G in Encinitas. I finally called Sprint today to complain about how my calls keep dropping while traversing Encinitas Blvd - both east and west of El Camino Real. My signal is always good - 5 bars, but the call goes buggy and then the phone loses the call.

Anyway, the Sprint person in customer service said - after looking on a map because I didn't have an "address" to give her - "They're installing Network Vision upgrades in that area. It should be finished by the end of the month. If you continue to have problems next month, call us back."

So, that sounds like potentially good news!

• Like 1

Just a little FYI about 4G in Encinitas. I finally called Sprint today to complain about how my calls keep dropping while traversing Encinitas Blvd - both east and west of El Camino Real. My signal is always good - 5 bars, but the call goes buggy and then the phone loses the call.

Anyway, the Sprint person in customer service said - after looking on a map because I didn't have an "address" to give her - "They're installing Network Vision upgrades in that area. It should be finished by the end of the month. If you continue to have problems next month, call us back."

I had the same issue by my work in Mira mesa about a month ago and with some persistence I got the to comp me $45. Much improved since then though :lol:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you look at Sprint's site with towers, you'll notice that data speed upgrades at that intersection, and nearby areas. I work a few blocks down. Nearly all of Feb I've had serious voice issues incoming/outgoing. At times people I called on the other end kept telling me they could barely hear me, and I sound like I was on a speaker phone, and there were many times where I had an extremely hard time hearing someone on my end. It was so bad, it got to some points where I was nearly yelling into the phone asking them to speak up, and was getting a lot of static, along with the voice sounding like it was about to go out. I also experienced a couple of dropped calls. This last week and half improved big time! Clear voice on both ends, and faster 3G speeds, in which I've also noticed most of last month.

In Sprint Forums, I went into the "Network" forum, and mentioned these issues twice in a 2 week span, giving address, cross streets, etc. A Sprint rep/tech responded saying, "No tower issues in your area. Sorry for the inconvience." BS! Something is going on! I knew it was NV being upgraded, after reading way before hand what issues these upgrades will cause to services.

Edited by Marv1

They told me that about about 2 months ago for El Cajon City. My service has sucked ever since January. Lol. Can't wait for LTE.

Jamacha & Granite Hills (Mt Merritt) area has 4g, going out to map now :)

**Update.

Must be down tilt, or some topography since I am on a hill, but only my street as coverage, as I walk down (yes i got out and mapped by foot) in elevation it drops... I drove right next to both towers I am between and no 4g, drove home, 4g, hey im not complaining only my house has it, but thats not someting I have experienced before.

Edited by insurance

Would you be able to map second street/first street area?

I sent you a PM, but yes... I'll go run up and down First and Second from Madison to Washington.... Look for a slow moving vehicle with a cell phone light! haha.