Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Update. Just arrived home and I am on 4g lte. I am off borden rd betwen palomar college and twin oaks.

13.74 down. 2.75 up speedtest

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Test Date: Mar 5, 2013 7:25:31 pm

Connection Type: Lte

Server: San Diego, CA

Download: 19163 kbps

Upload: 7536 kbps

Ping: 56 ms

External IP: 66.87.64.168

Internal IP: 29.153.204.168

Latitude: 33.15362

Longitude: -117.17192

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/387706397.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Finally figured out why I was having issues with sensorly so I went a did a little mapping at Mira Mesa and Caminito Santa Fe. Just did down Flanders and back to Mira Mesa from Sorrento Valley.

6edetehy.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Finally figured out why I was having issues with sensorly so I went a did a little mapping at Mira Mesa and Caminito Santa Fe. Just did down Flanders and back to Mira Mesa from Sorrento Valley.

Saw that on the map today...good to see that area pop up, I spend a lot of time at Green Flash. :D

• Like 1

Anyone getting many drop calls between the hand off of 2 NV completed 3G sites? Every time I am on a call traveling from site SD34XC545 to site SD34XC528, I would drop calls. Called Sprint and they said they couldn't recreate the problem. How can these sites be accepted by Sprint, but are having problems? I had called 800-268-0796 and explained to them these are sites that Sprint had accepted as completed for 3G and are having problems. Can it just be only my phone? I don't have drop calls at any other locations.

Sprint has to turn on 3G NV upgrades in clusters. All accepted 3G sites are not live on the NV side and may still be on legacy. When the entire cluster is ready, they will bring up 3G and do E911 testing.

It's possible you are still on legacy 3G service.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Sprint has to turn on 3G NV upgrades in clusters. All accepted 3G sites are not live on the NV side and may still be on legacy. When the entire cluster is ready, they will bring up 3G and do E911 testing.

It's possible you are still on legacy 3G service.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Approximately how fast is NV 3g compared to legacy?

Test Date: Mar 6, 2013 3:22:22 am

Connection Type: Lte

Server: San Diego, CA

Download: 16844 kbps

Upload: 10289 kbps

Ping: 58 ms

External IP: 66.87.66.136

Internal IP: 29.57.58.136

Latitude: 33.15359

Longitude: -117.17186

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/387961911.png

Approximately how fast is NV 3g compared to legacy?

It varies. Legacy 3G can be anywhere from 0kbps - 2.65Mbps. Network Vision 3/G should run between 1Mbps - 2.65Mbps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

It varies. Legacy 3G can be anywhere from 0kbps - 2.65Mbps. Network Vision 3/G should run between 1Mbps - 2.65Mbps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

That's awesome - I'll be in SD for a conference in April/May. Those 3G speeds will really help me circumvent the hotel wifi cabal!

Hi Sprint users! My first post. Has anyone picked up any Sprint LTE signals in Encinitas yet? I'd love to check myself, but unfortunately I only have an Apple 4S until upgrade time in a few months.

Welcome 3dog,

No, but if you travel up El Camino Real you'll pick it up as you near La Costa Ave. I see on Sensorly there is a blip in Leucadia on 101, but that's probably a stray signal from farther north in Carlsbad.

Check Sensorly from your computer. It's fun!

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

I have no idea if it means anything, but I have been dropping 3G calls recently on Encinitas Blvd near El Camino Real. This definitely didn't used to happen, so hopefully they're working on upgrading Sprint's equipment. Also I'm getting 5 bars when it happens. To the west of ECR towards the top of the hill, and to the east of ECR before you go down the hill towards RSF.

My son and I mapped a few more streets around the Mira Mesa/Carroll Canyon location... Purple blobs are getting closer to the Qualcomm and Motorola offices :)

Good morning all. Good news. LTE now here in El Cajon off second. I'm on second and Madison and my iPhone 5 switched over automatically. I wish I could map for you guys.

Second and madison was the edge of area aready receiving LTE (signal coming/going in past) how close to the corner have you noticed it (east west or just at corner)? I'll come by tomorrow and map unless someone else can get by today. Another reason to go to Freds besides the shakes!

Good morning all. Good news. LTE now here in El Cajon off second. I'm on second and Madison and my iPhone 5 switched over automatically. I wish I could map for you guys.

Wish too. Should get a better phone ;) hah jk

Second and madison was the edge of area aready receiving LTE (signal coming/going in past) how close to the corner have you noticed it (east west or just at corner)? I'll come by tomorrow and map unless someone else can get by today. Another reason to go to Freds besides the shakes!

Haha I'm actually on Orlando off Madison. Between first and second. And in the moddle of Main and Madison. Signal has 3 bars now. Haven't had it all week then this morning I guess the range increased. Im loving it!

It looks like the new 4G antenna is at the intersection of Broadway and Crosby St (just west of 2nd). Start there and map outward and you'll eventually see how far out that antenna covers. That's what I did in San Carlos and Grantville and you can almost see the bulls eye effect you get as the signal diminishes.

I did see this the other day (see picture)...I talked to the guy supervising on the ground. He lied and told me they were working on T-mobile, but as I walked away he confessed it was AT&T. Just a note about the timeline, they physically replaced the panels and cabling two weeks ago, and were back this week messing with the cables again. I don't know if this is typical of an antenna upgrade, but at the big site off the 5 fwy @ Gilman I have seen the trucks there working on that site a couple times since they installed the new panels.

Ant Workers.jpg