Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

work in Fairfield and live in the west side so last tower would be Hamilton Ave exit on 275. never switched over... the one on Colerain hasn't been accepted yet that one I can force for band 41 only... else I only get "3g" more like 1x

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You can't stay on lte?

You can't stay on lte?

it connects for a second Then switches back to 3g..in other states its been fine. I'll be up in Columbus later this week so I can let sensorly run

I chalked it up to the towers not supporting csfb

it connects for a second Then switches back to 3g..in other states its been fine. I'll be up in Columbus later this week so I can let sensorly run I chalked it up to the towers not supporting csfb Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Wonder if your sim is not right. Might take it back to Sprint to get out checked.

it connects for a second Then switches back to 3g..in other states its been fine. I'll be up in Columbus later this week so I can let sensorly run I chalked it up to the towers not supporting csfb Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Wonder if your sim is not right. Might take it back to Sprint to get out checked.

Yup, that's the ecsfb issue, nothing weird or wrong.

I believe you are having your connection issues with the first few 4G towers in Cincinnati like the one on Mulhauser. I believe those (listed as 3G/4G on the sponsor map) have not been transitioned to an eCFSB tower.

I believe you are having your connection issues with the first few 4G towers in Cincinnati like the one on Mulhauser. I believe those (listed as 3G/4G on the sponsor map) have not been transitioned to an eCFSB tower.

• Like 1

I can confirm the tower at 7978 beechmont ave is broadcasting lte, only usable to me in lte only mode, im assuming thats the ecfsb issue ive been readig about

That tower is in my parkig lot at work so maybe run some speed testa tomorrow while im there, i only get a very weak signal at my house, if i am wrong please let me know or if this has been reported before

good to know that the newer towers have cfsb enabled. From what I have heard they were saying that it would be disabled until the market was 80-90% complete

work in Fairfield and live in the west side so last tower would be Hamilton Ave exit on 275. never switched over... the one on Colerain hasn't been accepted yet that one I can force for band 41 only... else I only get "3g" more like 1x

colerain won't get LTE until august or later... patricia told me that she is Executive Analyst

Executive & Regulatory Services

a sprint rep on facebook said 180 sept 1st is when they will start working on it 

colerain won't get LTE until august or later... patricia told me that she is Executive Analyst

Executive & Regulatory Services

a sprint rep on facebook said 180 sept 1st is when they will start working on it

Funny because Colerain DOES have LTE now if you have a Spark-enabled phone. Otherwise I can believe that could be accurate for the standard band 25 LTE your S3 can pickup.

Funny because Colerain DOES have LTE now if you have a Spark-enabled phone. Otherwise I can believe that could be accurate for the standard band 25 LTE your S3 can pickup.

it does but only band 41.. meaning you have to force lte only to access it

i'm still picking up 3G i'm two blocks from northgate  what part does have it sorry colerain don't have 4G LTE

Gary,

Just because your car uses gas doesn't mean the gas station you go to shouldn't carry diesel.

To that same end, there are several flavors of LTE: Band 25, which is LTE over 1900. Your S3 can use that flavor (only). It is slowly rolling out in your market, especially on the east side.

Band 41, which is "replacing" WiMax, is in early testing stages in your market. Do to eCSFB issues, even if you have the latest Sprint Spark enabled phones, you cannot connect to those towers unless you are in an LTE-only mode. This is what you are seeing that has been mapped in Colerain. Please read up on this issue (article has been on the front page of S4GRU for quite some time); even if you upgraded your phone now, you still would not be able to connect to most of the Band 41 LTE because of this issue: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

So that all said, if you make a donation (ANY donation amount) you can become a member on this site for 6 months and see what's upcoming and currently active in your neck of the woods. WE ARE NOT SPRINT AND THIS IS NOT SPRINT'S FORUM; 95% of the info on the Sponsor sections are NOT general public info nor is it info you can get from your local Sprint store! As such, you are in a public forum right now and we are not going to share info that we Sponsors have paid and contributed to obtain.

Otherwise, Sprint not officially launching LTE in Cincy until later this year in Cincy, so officially from Sprint is there is no LTE in your area. And unless you jump in the rabbit hole to become a Sponsor, may I recommend Sprint.com/coverage and Clear.com/coverage as those are the "official" coverage maps by Sprint. If you're not happy with your service, move on or join us in the excitement and anticipation of very fast and usable service, coming soon unlimitedly to a city near you.

Oh, and I highly recommend $1.99 for Signal Check Pro. Get it and you'll be able to tell what tower you're connected to. The developer of the app is a member on this site and created it for us.

There is 4G LTE. It's called TDD-LTE Band 41 which your Galaxy S3 cannot not access as it's a single band FDD-LTE 1900 only device but those with Triband Spark devices can with LTE only mode due to eCSFB issues.

Ohio markets must be launched in clusters due to Samsung to Motorola hard handoffs. Once the NV 3G side has been integrated (weeks to months away as every single site must be completely upgraded in order for a cluster to fire up) any spark devices will be able to connect to TDD-LTE Band 41 from existing former Clearwire sites. A single band LTE device like yours must wait for Network Vision equipment to have backhaul available and for LTE to be fired up in order to access 4G LTE.

STOP LISTENING TO SPRINT REPS! Clearly they are not giving you correct info or you aren't paying attention.

The Epic Touch, known as the Galaxy S2, was the last phone Sprint released that could use WiMax. This was in 2011. Your S3 100000% for sure doesn't have the hardware to pickup anything other than 1900 for 1X, 3G, and LTE (band 25), and 800 for voice.

I really miss the days of MIRC so I could slap you with a fish.....

it does but only band 41.. meaning you have to force lte only to access it

sorry UPdownLoAD i went outside put my phone in CDMA... then LTE mode no 4G LTE

Please read the above. We've been over this before regarding what bands your phone can/cannot pickup.

• Like 3

i was on 275 last sat i got 4G LTE... and you tell me colerain has 4G LTE 

UPdownLoAD, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:snapback.png

i went into a sprint store all their 4G LTE phones are in 3G mode i went to northend walmart no 4G LTE... last sat i was on 275 near tri county and picked it up, are you a tech

Edited by GaryMiddleton47

I can get BAND 41 while in Michaels at Northgate mall, but ONLY when I put my phone (S4 mini) into LTE only mode throught the ##data# menu and using my MSL number. In this mode I can not make or receive calls; texts go out but none are received. It's kind of a hack that Sprint probably doesn't want its users doing.

By default, in regular mode, i.e. Right out of the box, the best I can get is an occasional blip of LTE, but due to no CSFB at the tower, I go right back to 3G.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i was on 275 last sat i got 4G LTE... and you tell me colerain has 4G LTE 

UPdownLoAD, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:snapback.png

i went into a sprint store all their 4G LTE phones are in 3G mode i went to northend walmart no 4G LTE... last sat i was on 275 near tri county and picked it up, are you a tech

Yes, Gary, I am. I'm also considering a road trip from Columbus this weekend to Cincy and would be happy to meet to "re-educate" you about the features of your phone.

• Like 2

Yes, Gary, I am. I'm also considering a road trip from Columbus this weekend to Cincy and would be happy to meet to "re-educate" you about the features of your phone.

I'm sorry, not trying to be mean but if I could like this post a hundred times, I would. You sir, just made my day.
  • Like 2

Just stopped by site co03dc099 on main street in Middletown. Antenna and cabinets be here forever but nice suprise today as backhaul is finally hooked up. Maybe see some lte soon from this site.

Just stopped by site co03dc099 on main street in Middletown. Antenna and cabinets be here forever but nice suprise today as backhaul is finally hooked up. Maybe see some lte soon from this site.

It's site CI03DC099 at 2804 main street Middletown. Not what I had up there. Funny thing is the box for the fiber sat at&t on it. Maybe that's why it took almost a year for backhaul to this site.
  • Like 1

there's a tower behind colerain tires near intown and suits not sure who that is... took a trip to bera ky walton ky has 4G LTE

even richmond ky has it

5511 Colerain Ave is the address for the sprint tower this one is 3g only...

the other is by golden corral