Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Hi guys. I want to thank you everybody for your comments, my nights are very entertaining reading your post. I decide to share some information with you too. I live in Toa Baja very close to Costco in Bayamón in the #2 street. I attach you a picture with my speed test today at 8:00 pm here in Toa Baja, 300% better than 3g haha.

I'm able to get LTE for for very short periods of time (seconds or minutes). I also do some sensorly scan and you can see the LTE in the area. The problem is, that in these days (two or three days ago including today), 4g come and go, come and go. Maybe they are installing this at night because y never see the 4g icon during the day. The Android is also better getting the 3g and the 4g. My wife iPhone 5 is almost all the time in EVDO hahaha, poor lady.

Sorry for my English, but is the rule.

I also want to say to all of our friends in others forum that LTE is coming to Puerto Rico first because we never see Wimax here and we are paying $10.00 monthly in fees for a year without seen any improvement. I think they are trying to avoid some claim in the federal or local court that order the return of those charges. Is a miracle that Sprint still have customers in Puerto Rico. In the US Sprint works well in every State I visit (data slow always). But here is worse. Is the worst 3g on Earth. Is justice to give us LTE first in line. Just my thoughts. Thanks guys for reading and posting here. Im very happy reading your news.

The LTE test today. Right now my cell is on 3g

post-8888-0-31566200-1355886965_thumb.png

Edited by Sam

we are paying $10.00 monthly in fees for a year without seen any improvement. I think they are trying to avoid some claim in the federal or local court that order the return of those charges.

No, don't even start with that kind of bs.

• Like 3

I dont wan't to bother you my friend. Everybody here and in the US are enjoying the LTE improvement.

why you said is bs?

The part where you said that Sprint is trying to avoid a lawsuit because of the $10 smartphone fee. There is not a shred of fact to that statement. Even if someone tried to push a lawsuit of that sort, it would be thrown out of court faster than you can say "frivolous lawsuit."

The part where you said that Sprint is trying to avoid a lawsuit because of the $10 smartphone fee. There is not a shred of fact to that statement. Even if someone tried to push a lawsuit of that sort, it would be thrown out of court faster than you can say "frivolous lawsuit."

Hahahaha of course not hahaha. Ok. Don't take literally, they are not avoiding anything. The true story is than for more than a year, since Wimax, we are paying the $10.00 charge for a speedy service and get nothing. Can you imagine a class action of all Puerto Rico Sprint customers to claim the the $10.00 charge money back. Its possible. If I'am a lawyer I want that case, is not frivolous. They can charge you for the reason they want, but not for offering a service that is unavailable, is against the consumer protection rules. But I respect your opinion on this.

Sorry for been out of the topic. Im able to get LTE again for a while in my wife iPhone 5 and she get 1.7 mb down. Now she is on EXTENDED AREA hahaha. A question for you my friend pyroscott. Extended area is equal to roaming?

• Like 1

Hahahaha of course not hahaha. Ok. Don't take literally, they are not avoiding anything. The true story is than for more than a year, since Wimax, we are paying the $10.00 charge for a speedy service and get nothing. Can you imagine a class action of all Puerto Rico Sprint customers to claim the the $10.00 charge money back. Its possible. If I'am a lawyer I want that case, is not frivolous. They can charge you for the reason they want, but not for offering a service that is unavailable, is against the consumer protection rules. But I respect your opinion on this.

Sorry for been out of the topic. Im able to get LTE again for a while in my wife iPhone 5 and she get 1.7 mb down. Now she is on EXTENDED AREA hahaha. A question for you my friend pyroscott. Extended area is equal to roaming?

The $10 fee is and was never ever a "4g" fee but a smartphone fee. You are not paying to use 4g or faster internet. You are paying the $10 to use a smartphone on sprints network.

• Like 1

The $10 fee is for having a smartphone, not for 4G. Smartphones use at least 10x the data of a feature phone. A lawsuit would have absolutely no bearing.

I would think extended area is roaming...

The $10 fee is and was never ever a "4g" fee but a smartphone fee. You are not paying to use 4g or faster internet. You are paying the $10 to use a smartphone on sprints network.

In that case, I speak BS hahahaha. I always think the charge is for the Wimax service improvement. Ok. Sorry friends. Pyro was right

The $10 fee is for having a smartphone, not for 4G. Smartphones use at least 10x the data of a feature phone. A lawsuit would have absolutely no bearing.

I surrender. Thanks for reading and for clarifying me the point.

A friend of my remind me that everything start with the Evo 4g. And the sales people tell clients here, "now you will pay a special charge because soon you will see a better and faster data speeds" I think 4g is only the name because we never se 4g in Puerto Rico until now. Sales people say everything to sell I understand, for that reason is my confusion. I remember that. Sorry again, I'm clear now and thanks guys!!

Happy Speedtesting!!!

• Like 1

Well AFAIK the $10 dollar charge is for "Premium Data" that we haven't see. The word premium refers as better/faster/more data usage..

That is my opinion..

Anyways I really think that sprint needed that charge. I mean anyways is "unlimited".

And with all the work that they've done in PR, I dont mind paying the extra $10.

• Like 4

Good morning everyone! Reporting again. In the morning LTE signal again. Intermittent signal, maybe is my position. Very similar data speeds y submit yesterday. This in Toa Baja close to street #2 close to Borinquen Title Loan, (before was Alaska Auto Sound), Daikin, and Tocars Toyota. (Sensorly show LTE 1 bar in my area). Good speed for low signal!)

post-8888-0-78756000-1355924746_thumb.png

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

well, at least for me, cverage hasnt been any different from what it used to be in Ponce. Once again, no coverage in areas the sprint map specified would have coverage. I'll just keep on waiting.

was that today? my phone was roaming most of the time today at La Poli, only had 1x when it managed to connect to Sprint so I figured they may have been working in that area today

Yes that was today...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

looks amazing, I sincerely hope those kinds of speeds are obtainable in real-world, day-to-day use

Those speeds should be pretty much similar across the board throughout sprints upgraded network. The speed really depends on your reception and range from the tower but I doubt it'll go below the "average speed" that sprint posted up. Well... that is unless you only have a limited amount of spectrum to deploy LTE, use a blanket coverage rollout so one tower takes the load of several others, and all you sell are LTE only phones.

Oh my god! Every freaking tower is 1x today in the metro area! And even tough I get 1x it does not have any connectivity to the internet. Hopefully they will light everything up soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I've been like that for more than two weeks in Guaynabo.

No network connectivity and constantly switching to 1x, evdo and ehrpd.

I cant even make a call or send a text message.

You guys should call customer service. Nobody in this forum can do anything about the issues that you're seeing, but something should be done about it.

I got tired of calling.. they always say a different excuse..

I know that no one on this forum can do anything about it. Im uodating status in my area..

And btw im not complaining at all.