Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

new backhaul got connected to the site at UPR-Bayamon, evidenced by the 2 Mbps download test I got today after 2 years with sub-300kbps speeds, Network ID also changed from 1 to 200.

LINK to the speedtest result

I hope your new connection last, because my 4g connection disappear. Never shows again since yesterday. This morning I test the new 3g with download speeds from 1 - 3 mb constantly. At 1 or 2 pm this speed gone. Now Im back again below 300 kb. hehehehe. Its crazy! They still working and testing I guess. Anyone now if this happen in other States?

• Like 1

Been a while since I posted on this forum. (finals, etc).

Firstly, on my epic 4g touch I experience like others full NV at the Mayaguez Mall/Krispy Kreme area.

Secondly, i scored a great deal in the local classifieds for a mint pebble blue GS3 with two oem samsung batteries. It belonged to a sprint employee(we made the deal at his store). He told me he was selling it because sprint gave its employees note 2's recently. The phone costed me $225.

went to the Plaza Del Sol area and got 5-6mbps of LTE at 2pm aprox.

• Like 3

I think Sprint signal is affected by the weather like DISH hahaha because today Im unable to do a simple speed test, always get an network error message in the speedtest app. ("Network communication issues" "try again")

Not sure if it's against the rules or not, but can someone confirm if theres only one LTE enabled tower in Ponce or if there are more? Because the only really strong LTE signal i get (19-25 mbps) is in the Morel Campos area.

Interesting question, let the experts answer you here but... If one tower get the fiber and the other ones close to it receive the signal from the main one (somebody here called microwave), is suppose to have the same speed in every tower? I think not, but, thats the question! haha. Depend of the traffic, the hour, the quality of the signal and the weather (that last one is a joke).

Not sure if it's against the rules or not, but can someone confirm if theres only one LTE enabled tower in Ponce or if there are more? Because the only really strong LTE signal i get (19-25 mbps) is in the Morel Campos area.

There's 4 on Ponce... but on the downtown the only one is the Morel Campos

• Like 2

in what area of mayaguez?

. In mayaguez belmonte! Calle post! The lte come at night so i dint tested all mayaguez maybe tommorow will know more! But at least i know i have lte for the first time in mayaguez
  • Like 1

I have LTE right now in mayaguez!!! wuju it come around 1210 am 12/22/2012 what a surprise First time in mayaguez! LIke if you have LTE in mayaguez!!!! early Christmas gift!

Map it with sensorly

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Mapping my trip from Mayagüez to rio piedras today.....

This screenshot is from joyería pepino to the last Mayagüez mall traffic light

ejevabav.jpg

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

• Like 3

Confirmed, mayaguez mall site have LTE, connected to it right now.

mayaguez mall to town center all the ways carretera numero 2 have lte further that town center i dont know but look like it coverage all part of mayaguez

post-8492-0-17634800-1356203771_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

mayaguez mall to town center all the ways carretera numero 2 have lte further that town center i dont know but look like it coverage all part of mayaguez

I didn't have LTE coverage from Viaducto area. Only downtown Mayaguez.

Now that ponce is lte ready as stated by sprint would those of you living there say you get it in most areas of the city? I was there yesterday but did not have my sprint phone with me at the time.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

anyone knows if terras site have lte? also the one in front of western plaza...or those one are just retransmitting?

I can be wrong but it think these are the LTE sites up:

Mayaguez Mall, Video Ave., viaducto and the howard johnson on.

Im conected right now to LTE in La Plaza de Mayaguez, to the howard johnson site.

• Like 1

Hi Guys. I don't know if I share this with you before. Those speed test are taken in the University of Puerto Rico at Río Piedras Campus close to Piñero Ave. SCREEN SHOT

Sorry for the link. The system says that my global cuota is full.

In Toa Baja the 3g speed is a little better, but 4g stop to work last week. I hope in January start work again. Today in Manatí my 3g stop working. And the phone freeze when switch from 4g to 3g close to the 48 exit in the 22 highway.

Good night to everyone

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2