Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

This is a picture of the site. (I may be wrong because the building has two antennas that are similar about 10ft away in the same rooftop) but netmonitor says thats where I am connected. sorry for the flipped picture :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There is no app on Android nor iPhone that shows which LTE site you are connected to. They only show the 1x site you are connected to. And even the accuracy of that is variable.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Also keep in mind that if you are losing the signal as you move away from the window, it likely means the site is farther away than it seems like.

Ok so at my parents house which is close to plaza rio hondo I noticed that my phone was on 4g at my room. As I did a speed test it dropped out so I went to a window that has the mall infront of it.

Toggled airplane mode and 4g became stable there. (If I moved from that room it would drop out like it did in mines)

This is a picture of the site. (I may be wrong because the building has two antennas that are similar about 10ft away in the same rooftop) but netmonitor says thats where I am connected. sorry for the flipped picture :D

enenequ4.jpg

Im surprised you were lossing the connection when you were that close to the tower :wacko:

Im wondering if you could be connecting to another tower, since you should be getting higher speedtests. I know there is a LTE ready tower at the palmas gas station which is not that far away. Could you be connecting to that one?

Ok so at my parents house which is close to plaza rio hondo I noticed that my phone was on 4g at my room. As I did a speed test it dropped out so I went to a window that has the mall infront of it.

Toggled airplane mode and 4g became stable there. (If I moved from that room it would drop out like it did in mines)

enenequ4.jpg

I don't think you are connected to that site. Your speeds would be faster and you would have a strong connection that wouldn't want to drop. What was your LTE RSRP signal in your LTE Engineering screen? Bars don't mean anything for LTE signal.

Robert

EDIT GOT IT. 107 RSRP. bummer maybe its the plaza del sol site or another one close by.

Im pretty sure its the Palmas Gas Station site.

• Like 1

EDIT GOT IT. 107 RSRP. bummer maybe its the plaza del sol site or another one close by.

Definitely a mediocre signal. If you live in a wood frame structure then you may be able to maintain a usable signal in the interior of your home. However, if you have a metal, brick, block or concrete building then there is no way to keep a -107 RSRP signal going to the interior. You will need to closer site to come live to have good 4G. However, this is definitely progress.

Robert

Definitely a mediocre signal. If you live in a wood frame structure then you may be able to maintain a usable signal in the interior of your home. However, if you have a metal, brick, block or concrete building then there is no way to keep a -107 RSRP signal going to the interior. You will need to closer site to come live to have good 4G. However, this is definitely progress.

Robert

I agree, it is progress. Since I got the phone I've been visiting my parents and toggling airplane mode everywhere. Today was the first time LTE reached their house.

I believe that the Caribbean Cinemas site will get LTE and NV soon. The 3g speedtests show sub 300kbps speeds so no NV live yet on the site.

the Caribbean Cinemas @ Plaza Río Hondo site showed up 3G/4G complete in the map a while ago, but the new backhaul doesn't seem to be in place yet, should be soon though, a 4G signal from it is a very good sign

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

No.

ehrpd. eHRPD. EHRPD. same thing.

Ok.... Asked cuz on netmonitor sometimes its all upper case simetime "e" on lowerr case and sometimes everything on lower case...;):D:rolleyes:

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

the Caribbean Cinemas @ Plaza Río Hondo site showed up 3G/4G complete in the map a while ago, but the new backhaul doesn't seem to be in place yet, should be soon though, a 4G signal from it is a very good sign

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

The 4g signal wasn't coming from the Caribbean Cinemas site, it was my mistake thinking it did. I am connected to it on 1x for voice and have a -60 signal (great voice coverage). LTE was coming from another site since it kept dropping out and had a -107 signal.

As another member said it could be the Palmas Station reaching the Rio Hondo Area.

I hope it starts broadcasting NV 3g and LTE soon. There are a lot of neighborhoods around the Rio Hondo area that would benefit from the upgraded data services. Also I am moving from Mayaguez back to Bayamon to finish my studies at UPR Bayamon so I will be able to test the NV site on campus soon. (Don't know if its completed yet, but I'll find out soon)

The 4g signal wasn't coming from the Caribbean Cinemas site, it was my mistake thinking it did. I am connected to it on 1x for voice and have a -60 signal (great voice coverage). LTE was coming from another site since it kept dropping out and had a -107 signal.

As another member said it could be the Palmas Station reaching the Rio Hondo Area.

I hope it starts broadcasting NV 3g and LTE soon. There are a lot of neighborhoods around the Rio Hondo area that would benefit from the upgraded data services. Also I am moving from Mayaguez back to Bayamon to finish my studies at UPR Bayamon so I will be able to test the NV site on campus soon. (Don't know if its completed yet, but I'll find out soon)

yes, my bad, I read the exact details too late, it's one of the perils of reading the forum in mobile view... though the point still stands, the CC Plaza Rio Hondo site showed up on the sites complete map a while back, should get better speeds someday soon, at least with the enhanced 3G if not 3G + LTE...

• Like 1

I passed through the Palmas Station site this morning (pass there almost every day). I just stopped and noticed the site for the first time and all I can say is wow!. That site is HUGE compared to others, still no LTE or NV from my GS3 so the LTE signal I got the other day was probly from the Plaza del Sol site.

Here is a pic of the Plaza Rio hondo sites. Like I said, there are two sites on the same building so one may belong to another carrier. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I took them while riding with my friends and didnt want to make them stop

This is the first site

ybajujaj.jpg

Second site which I believe is Sprints

a5ypuses.jpg

• Like 4

What Happend in Carolina no 4g and 3g is Very Very Bad

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I was there today and only 1x.

Good thing my parents have an airave.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2