Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I have one question using this link

https://network.sprint.com/search/00725

Here you can see all the upgrades in the last six months. Some antennas has #1 (1 data speed upgrade), other has #2 (2 data speed upgrades or 1 voice upgrade and 1 data speed upgrade) and other #3 (1 voice upgrade and 2 data speed upgrades). When it says 2 data speeds upgrade it has Lte working in that tower?

I have one question using this link

https://network.spri...om/search/00725

Here you can see all the upgrades in the last six months. Some antennas has #1 (1 data speed upgrade), other has #2 (2 data speed upgrades or 1 voice upgrade and 1 data speed upgrade) and other #3 (1 voice upgrade and 2 data speed upgrades). When it says 2 data speeds upgrade it has Lte working in that tower?

Those towers have LTE working, but I would think that's not an accurate way to think of LTE towers, because there's others LTE towers in that map that only show 1 data speed upgrade. Its way more precisely to donate what you can to S4GRU and access the map in the sponsor area that will show you exactly where are the LTE towers around the island.

Edil

• Like 5

I went to the Ponce Towne Center Sprint store today to get a new phone for my mom and was told by the manager that all LTE towers in Ponce would be turned on next week.

• Like 1

<br />Bad weather over there. .huh

Almost every day we have a little bit of bad weather here at Mayagüez!!!

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Finally got a chance to take a pic of the "terrace" site....

by2epamu.jpg

Someth1ng i found weird about this site is why so low..... Why didnt they mounted it on a taller building...?:mellow:

Someth1ng i found weird about this site is why so low..... Why didnt they mounted it on a taller building...?:mellow:

maybe that is the tallest building over there lol! In terra not have a lot of tall building but a antenna would be better there...

The site may have been added last to just cover a coverage hole in that area. They do not make cells as large as possible. The denser the customer usage, the smaller the cell needed. Taller is not always better.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Verizon invested millions on Opens LTE network, so that they could provide their customers with data roaming in Puerto Rico. Why do you think Open suddenly started requiring two year contracts, using Verizon's same equipment and double data promotions.

is that info true? anybody can verify if verizon will take control of openmobile or its just a rumor........

Finally got a chance to take a pic of the "terrace" site....

by2epamu.jpg

Man, if I was the owner of that building I would grab a ladder put my phone exactly in front of the panel and run some speedtests. Lol :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think they haven't turn on that site yet for lte.

My parents lives near that site and I can connect to ehrpd, but speeds are horrible.. Yesterday I ran a speed test and I got 400kbps.

No LTE. That site appears as 3g/4g ready.

It is a new prl from today.

xxx10 lte device

xxx92 not lte device

Should I wait for the device to update by itself or do a manual update? Last time I ran #873283## on my iPhone 4s it stopped connecting to the network altogether. Had to restore the device via iTunes. Currently I have PRL 51090.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

There are a few sites in hato rey area mounted on top of two story buildings like that..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This is a Sprint site on top of a two-story building. I presume it's fitted with NV equipment, but still hasn't been rated NV complete.

ysyvu9ap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk