Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

so the 4g core at bayamon is up and running?

Yes. It completed at the end of September, on schedule.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 8

Yes. It completed at the end of September, on schedule.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Robert, do you know why the Galaxy S3 does not connect in places where I have signal and the Galaxy Nexus does?

The S3 connected in LTE Only mode.

post-5005-13511984414118_thumb.jpg

This was on Calle Cesar Gonzalez, between Roosevelt Ave and Eleanor Roosevelt in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for some reason, that spot has always had great speeds, though I don't know if it's been upgraded already

for some reason, that spot has always had great speeds, though I don't know if it's been upgraded already

I'm guessing is NV related because just minutes later speeds were awful, below 100kbps. .

I'm guessing is NV related because just minutes later speeds were awful, below 100kbps. .

could be... last week I had a 1800 kbps test while going thru there, so it's quite possible NV's getting worked on in the area

Great news, im getting LTE in Bayamon ! Im getting 4G less than 1/4 of a mile away from my house. The signal is weak but atleast I know they are working on it and I can tell it works way better than wimax. The speedtests were not that fast but I did not have the best signal either.

ebuna3u4.jpg

y6u2ubu7.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

• Like 4

Great news, im getting LTE in Bayamon ! Im getting 4G less than 1/4 of a mile away from my house. The signal is weak but atleast I know they are working on it and I can tell it works way better than wimax. The speedtests were not that fast but I did not have the best signal either.

ebuna3u4.jpg

y6u2ubu7.jpg

From what part to what part?

all I'm getting in Bayamon today is 1x on my Evo LTE, hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Canton Mall and Plaza del Sol with LTE :)

I passed by this area about an hour ago and couldn't find any LTE signal, even had my Evo set to LTE only using digiblur's modded PRL and nada; set it back to CDMA/LTE around Canton Mall and the LTE indicator lit up but had no data transfer, so I couldn't test speeds

• Like 1

I passed by this area about an hour ago and couldn't find any LTE signal, even had my Evo set to LTE only using digiblur's modded PRL and nada; set it back to CDMA/LTE around Canton Mall and the LTE indicator lit up but had no data transfer, so I couldn't test speeds

I would be curious if someone could confirm in a known LTE area that you could not receive it with standard stock PRL.

My GS3 connected automatically, I was in a traffic light and when I look at my phone I had 4G. I almost could not believe it because I went by that area earlier looking for a signal and didnt get anything, and when I went to the airport I had to set it to LTE Only to be able to connect. So it was a huge surprise to see it connected automatically and that close to my home! :)

Running Digiblur's Custom PRL : 57006

Official JB Stock Rom and Modem: LJ7

• Like 1

Something about this picture is unsettling... :ph34r:

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing earlier when I first saw it.

• Like 2

My GS3 connected automatically, I was in a traffic light and when I look at my phone I had 4G. I almost could not believe it because I went by that area earlier looking for a signal and didnt get anything, and when I went to the airport I had to set it to LTE Only to be able to connect. So it was a huge surprise to see it connected automatically and that close to my home! :)

Running Digiblur's Custom PRL : 57006

Official JB Stock Rom and Modem: LJ7

Do a PRL update and see if it still connects to LTE. Simply do the PRL write thing to get 57006 back. Still looking for a confirmation from the PR folks.

Currently connected to LTE near plaza del sol and getting some great speeds !

that's awesome! I'll be passing by there again in a while, I'll try to get a connection this time...

EDIT: egonadrian, what's your setup? are you using a stock PRL or digiblur's modded one? do you have your phone set to LTE only or normal CDMA/LTE operation?

I'm trying to figure out why my phone seems to not sniff out the LTE signal and connect in known LTE areas right now, thanks!