Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Can I use the Digiblur PRL with my nexus ??

As stated by Robert and Digiblur the Galaxy Nexus has no trouble connecting to foreign PRL's only the Evo and GS3.

The Galaxy Nexus had no problems connecting to LTE with a foreign PRL. Only my GS3 had problems.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

That's right... Forgot about that. It was only the S3 and EVO it had an affect on. And it was a qualcomm paper thatbibwas reading about the one record per geo was required for lte to work.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Hahaha... I just checked out the 24009 PRL, which means there is probably others with the 009 on them as well. Guess what the difference is? The MCC/MNC record for PR and a couple of other Geo's they forgot. I wonder if Sprint reads my posts? Looks like they are playing catchup with me ;)

• Like 5

I think there are 5 new LTE towers by today. 1 in Rio Hondo, 1 in San Patricio, 1 in Gurabo, new one in Caguas and another in Juncos.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

I got lte on my galaxy s3 on Juncos in my house today!!!! With prl 24009!!! 6.01 mbps download .51 upload

Woot! Called it! :D

• Like 1

Yep.. The new xx009 prls enables the LTE on the qualcomm chipset phones. Just like my PRL did. :)

Glad to be able to give you guys a taste of the action before hand. Be sure to tip your waiter... As in S4GRU.

There's more "before the masses" around the corner.

• Like 5

Yep.. The new xx009 prls enables the LTE on the qualcomm chipset phones. Just like my PRL did. :)

Glad to be able to give you guys a taste of the action before hand. Be sure to tip your waiter... As in S4GRU.

There's more "before the masses" around the corner.

So I assume this new prl won't enable LTE on the iPhone 5, right?

So I assume this new prl won't enable LTE on the iPhone 5, right?

Yes it should. All phones should be able to connect now if LTE is available and not blocked.

Im in Juncos but I can't lock 4g signals. Im stuck in 1xRtt:7.

Must be the tower near carr 30.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Try connecting on LTE only. If it doesnt connect that way then you dont have signal at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Bribery. No discussion yet on whether the two laws will be revoked (which should happen). https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/05/att-paid-bribes-to-get-two-major-pieces-of-legislation-passed-us-govt-says/
    • https://www.fierce-network.com/wireless/t-mobiles-appetite-more-25-ghz-alive-and-well?__cf_chl_tk=E8B8E2cXIEfkSd2I6oKIMlE1.2OR2YbUh7Dl9Kkt_Os-1715722620-0.0.1.1-1770 Discusses pending deal for more 2.5Ghz for T-Mobile that may ultimately benefit AT&T.
    • If they're splitting it up, there's nothing stopping T-Mobile from doing a deal first and then the rest of the company being bought by Verizon or AT&T at a later date.  I can't see why you'd have to have both lined up at once. I'm reminded of when nTelos shut down.  They sold off the PCS spectrum they had in the "eastern market" (Richmond/Norfolk) to T-Mobile where they didn't have the Sprint deal first, and then later did the sale to Sprint and Shentel. - Trip
    • Reportedly Verizon has backed out, but that could be a negotiating tactic. T-Mobile needs another purchaser. They are doing a mmWave spectrum swap with AT&T, so maybe them. Could always go with a spectrum speculator.  The duo may not want the debt on their books until 2026.  I think the towers and customers may be dumped (handled separately).
    • I'm wondering which geographic areas T-Mobile might be interested in obtaining, or if it's strictly a spectrum sale of some kind.  In Virginia, US Cellular got three of the B41 licenses, including two in areas I frequent.  These two are in an area where US Cellular is severely spectrum constrained--just one block of CLR (B5) and one 5x5 in AWS-3 (B66), all running LTE.  (So 10x10 and 5x5.  Select towers also have B48 LTE on them, which is clearly at least 20 dB weaker than B5/66.)  I could definitely see interest from T-Mobile in the B41 licenses, but would have a hard time picturing US Cellular trying to continue serving these areas if it can't use spectrum to beef up its already-overwhelmed cell sites with more capacity.  (They keep adding towers to this very rural area to make up for it.)  Would T-Mobile buy out the area entirely to get a hold of the B41 licenses (and the B66 couldn't hurt either)?  Given US Cellular's strangehold over the area, would it even sell in that eventuality?  And then what would happen to the B5 spectrum?  Lots of questions.  Got my fingers crossed for T-Mobile obtaining the area and keeping most or all of the sites, as it could quickly and easily make reliable rural broadband a thing in the area, especially given how the Shentel merger went.  But I really have no sense of how likely it actually is. - Trip