Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

the speeds were not fast! i dont think it got on their lte it only said gsm..back home now tho...will do some research on it

I was just talking about regular 3g data speeds. I don't think anywhere in the BVI has lte and if they did we won't be roaming on it anyway. 

I was just talking about regular 3g data speeds. I don't think anywhere in the BVI has lte and if they did we won't be roaming on it anyway.

lol my phone is sim unlocked bro..i used a lime sim
Doesn't matter. You can't roam on [use other carrier's] LTE. Period. End of story.

Sent from my HTC ONE

The point is that the Sprint variant HTC One is a single band LTE device.  And operators outside the US are not deploying LTE in band 25.  So, under no circumstances will the Sprint variant HTC One currently utilize LTE in other countries -- local SIM or not.

AJ

• Like 1

lol my phone is sim unlocked bro..i used a lime sim

I was simply asking what kind of data speeds you were getting while you were using whatever carrier's sim in tortola.  I realized I shouldn't have used the word roaming since you weren't, so my bad.  Just wanted to now what 3g speeds were like in the BVI.  

Robert:

Why does 3G get better signal penetration than LTE? Why can I stand in one place and get 4 or 5 bars of 3G but only 1 or 2 of LTE?? If its the same frequency an location why is it weaker? I have the same problem with TMO and Sprint. 

Robert:

Why does 3G get better signal penetration than LTE? Why can I stand in one place and get 4 or 5 bars of 3G but only 1 or 2 of LTE?? If its the same frequency an location why is it weaker? I have the same problem with TMO and Sprint. 

Maybe it has to do with the fact that you are on Mars?  :lol:

Robert:

Simple.  We have posted this many times -- LTE is a more fragile airlink.  Generally speaking, the more data that is crammed into the airlink, the less robust it is.  That is the modern trend.

AJ

Got bad LTE speeds this weekend. This morning I tried in Humacao, had bad downloads speeds ( around 1Mb) with fast uploads. Checked in Las Piedras and Juncos with the same results. Anyone have the same problem ??? 

Got bad LTE speeds this weekend. This morning I tried in Humacao, had bad downloads speeds ( around 1Mb) with fast uploads. Checked in Las Piedras and Juncos with the same results. Anyone have the same problem ??? 

im in fajardo and my lte was 0.2mb down and 8mb up 

I think deployment is coming soon, they're working on the towers(without causing outages). Haven't had a outage in a long time. Anybody wanna volunteer to leave 4G on, on their phones?

I think deployment is coming soon, they're working on the towers(without causing outages). Haven't had a outage in a long time. Anybody wanna volunteer to leave 4G on, on their phones?

Both my devices are always set to lte/cdma.  Have you seen crews working on towers lately?

Carolina, San Juan, Guaynabo same problem

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Checking now in Juncos and got this. I think is an outage in all the PR island.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

Call it into Sprint and open a ticket. This shouldn't be happening so something might be up.

I called sprint today to report the slow LTE speeds in PR, they said that don't have any outage reports for PR. Some one else called sprint about this issue??

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2