My Coworkers Interesting call with AT&T

My coworker just received text from ATT they will be throtlling his account as he is above 3gb. He is obviously not happy and checked logs there was 500mb+ usuage at midnight which he has no clue how that happened. Anyways he wants to move his 4 lines to Sprint and ATT escalated the matter to supervisor. Here it gets interesting..supervisor told my coworker Read fine line at Sprint.."They also throttle after 5GB".

wow did not know ATT would resort to lying to keep customers.

Wow, I would be getting that Supervisor's name and escalating to at&t upper management, along with contacting dan at sprint dot com (Dan Hesse's office) and reporting what at&t is doing. While there is no corp policy to spread lies, this should be nipped in the bud ASAP.

• Like 1

Wow, I would be getting that Supervisor's name and escalating to at&t upper management, along with contacting dan at sprint dot com (Dan Hesse's office) and reporting what at&t is doing. While there is no corp policy to spread lies, this should be nipped in the bud ASAP.

He has contacted ATT and told them customer services supervisor lied. He is also planning on contacting Huffington post.

• Like 1

If it were just a regular CS rep, I wouldn't be so shocked, but the fact that it was a supervisor is a little disturbing. Resorting to lying about your competitor in order to retain customers is absurd and you wonder how many times they've done this already.

• Like 1

Par for the course for AT&T. They don't have the best network now (Verizon does), they won't have the best network later (Sprint will) and they don't have the best pricing for a nationwide network (T-Mobile and Sprint do). They don't even have an exclusive on the iPhone or the iPad. It's a wonder they keep getting net adds.

• Like 1

When I went to visit my closest tower a couple months ago some guys were there working on AT&T's equipment. Talked to them for a bit and they also said Sprint was one of the worst about throttling their customer's data speeds. In my head I knew better, but it seems to be a common lie for those associated with AT&T to spread.

• Like 1

Apparently those techs (and others AT&T) are willing to confuse poor data performance (which Sprint does have issues with...but those are being fixed) with outright throttling by the provider (which CricKet and T-Mobile do after you hit their respective capped plans' caps).

Of course, this is another reason Sprint needs to get NV and band-aid fixes pushed through as quickly as possible, because 400 kbps is no way run run a modern cellular network (and 400 kbps is on the high end of what some people see these days).

• Like 1

Of course, this is another reason Sprint needs to get NV and band-aid fixes pushed through as quickly as possible, because 400 kbps is no way run run a modern cellular network (and 400 kbps is on the high end of what some people see these days).

That's for sure... when I hit 400kbps I'm having a really good day. Typically 200kbps or less downloads and uploads rarely show over 100kbps. And my tower now shows it had a data speed upgrade in the past 6 months. I've been waiting for them to say it was finally done, but it hasn't really improved my speeds.

I did see 1Mbps down on a single speed test early one morning but that was short-lived and it was only once. Guess noone else was on then. :(

My coworker just received text from ATT they will be throtlling his account as he is above 3gb. He is obviously not happy and checked logs there was 500mb+ usuage at midnight which he has no clue how that happened. Anyways he wants to move his 4 lines to Sprint and ATT escalated the matter to supervisor. Here it gets interesting..supervisor told my coworker Read fine line at Sprint.."They also throttle after 5GB".

wow did not know ATT would resort to lying to keep customers.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/4G_coverage_popup.shtml

I believe Sprint reserves the right to throttle but does not actually do it. I believe I saw an interview with Dan Hesse where he talked about this.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

yes I remember that and there was immediate followup from Sprint to clarify Hesse did not mean smartphones.

I jumped to Sprint after ATT did this. Only they didn't "escalate" to a supervisor. After an annoying email thread, I replied that I'd rather jump in a pool filed with salt and razor blades before doing business with them again. They proceeded to call me after I had been with sprint for a month (hows that for customer service!) but I hung up. I didn't want to hear their stories. I'd advise everyone to do the same (avoid them).

He has contacted ATT and told them customer services supervisor lied. He is also planning on contacting Huffington post.

Good luck with that. I worked at a call center.

Let me translate for you.

Cust: A rep/sup/manager lied to me, I want it reported to upper management! And have them call me back

Rep: I am so sorry to hear that and apologize for the miscommunication, I will definitely pass that along and someone will get back to you when it's resolved

Cust: Thank you so much, Im giving you a ten on a survey!

What actually happens:

Cust: A rep/sup/manager lied to me, I want it reported to upper management! And have them call me back

Rep: Yeah, lots of people here are uninformed idiots or lie to get good surveys. Im lieing to you right now because there is no mechanism in place to report any coworkers outside of serious issues like fraud. But if I tell you that, youll get angry at me. So I'll say Ill pass it along when in reality I'm enjoying this call because it is fast and reduces my handle time. No one will ever call you back and theres nothing you can do about it.

Cust: Thank you so much, Im giving you a ten on a survey!

AT&T is not the only major wireless company that has reps saying that Sprint throttles.

Neither AT&T or the other companies release memos saying "tell custs sprint throttles" but they Do tell their agents "make the cust happy about being with us and discourage changing providers, also, pass your survey or else"

Thats why theres so much lying going on when you call customer service. The agents number one priority is to make you think theyve resolved your issue. Solving it is secondary.

Yep.. Exactly why we hear sprint reps telling customers network vision is updating their towers and it will be fixed soon. When in reality network vision won't start in that area for another year. Just smooth talking them to get them off the phone and the customer is now happy.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I jumped to Sprint after ATT did this. Only they didn't "escalate" to a supervisor. After an annoying email thread, I replied that I'd rather jump in a pool filed with salt and razor blades before doing business with them again. They proceeded to call me after I had been with sprint for a month (hows that for customer service!) but I hung up. I didn't want to hear their stories. I'd advise everyone to do the same (avoid them).

I think they call back anyone that cancels service. When I cancelled my U-Verse internet, I got a callback from them a month or so later asking why I left and what they could do to get me back.

I think they call back anyone that cancels service. When I cancelled my U-Verse internet, I got a callback from then a month or so later asking why I left and what they could do to get me back.

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the voicemail they left was in specific response to my complaint.