My Coworkers Interesting call with AT&T

Good luck with that. I worked at a call center.

Let me translate for you.

Cust: A rep/sup/manager lied to me, I want it reported to upper management! And have them call me back

Rep: I am so sorry to hear that and apologize for the miscommunication, I will definitely pass that along and someone will get back to you when it's resolved

Cust: Thank you so much, Im giving you a ten on a survey!

What actually happens:

Cust: A rep/sup/manager lied to me, I want it reported to upper management! And have them call me back

Rep: Yeah, lots of people here are uninformed idiots or lie to get good surveys. Im lieing to you right now because there is no mechanism in place to report any coworkers outside of serious issues like fraud. But if I tell you that, youll get angry at me. So I'll say Ill pass it along when in reality I'm enjoying this call because it is fast and reduces my handle time. No one will ever call you back and theres nothing you can do about it.

Cust: Thank you so much, Im giving you a ten on a survey!

AT&T is not the only major wireless company that has reps saying that Sprint throttles.

Neither AT&T or the other companies release memos saying "tell custs sprint throttles" but they Do tell their agents "make the cust happy about being with us and discourage changing providers, also, pass your survey or else"

Thats why theres so much lying going on when you call customer service. The agents number one priority is to make you think theyve resolved your issue. Solving it is secondary.

I'm a team lead at a technical call center... and a lot of what you said is sad, but very true. The thing that annoys me about this is when I used to be on the phones, I would see ticket after ticket of people NOT trying to resolve the issue, and just get the customer off the call. I was that guy that kept people on the phone for over an hour (if needed) to resolve an issue. So, when someone else just tries to "pass the buck" or "get me off the phone", it's infuriating. I used to get in arguments with one of my old managers because she claimed I was on the phone for too long!

• Like 4

I'm a team lead at a technical call center... and a lot of what you said is sad, but very true. The thing that annoys me about this is when I used to be on the phones, I would see ticket after ticket of people NOT trying to resolve the issue, and just get the customer off the call. I was that guy that kept people on the phone for over an hour (if needed) to resolve an issue. So, when someone else just tries to "pass the buck" or "get me off the phone", it's infuriating. I used to get in arguments with one of my old managers because she claimed I was on the phone for too long!

Thats the problem though, if your calls are going on for too long, you get in trouble for taking too few calls a day.

The "best" agents arent the ones that actually resolve issues, theyre the ones that make the customer think theyre happy in as short a time as possible.

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the voicemail they left was in specific response to my complaint.

The same thing happened to me when I got rid of my verizon Driod razr. They called me a week after I had sent it back to verizon in swap for a s3.

I jumped to Sprint after ATT did this. Only they didn't "escalate" to a supervisor. After an annoying email thread, I replied that I'd rather jump in a pool filed with salt and razor blades before doing business with them again. They proceeded to call me after I had been with sprint for a month (hows that for customer service!) but I hung up. I didn't want to hear their stories. I'd advise everyone to do the same (avoid them).

I had a similar experience with AT&T.

My family has had a cell phone for as long as I can remember, first my dad had a car phone when I was growing up. Then Nextel came and we were amazed with how small the phone was a the PTT function was cool at the time. We tried Verizon for a few months, but at the time they would not give my dad enough minutes and overcharged us for months, customer service was TERRIBLE & he was angry so we left. We then got Sprint and loved the service, phone calls were good and we never had an overage, they worked with what we wanted and made sure we were happy.

His company then got a corporate account with cingular while I was in college, and he sent me a new phone. Coverage was just as good from what I could tell, and I had no problems with them. Once they were officially acquired by AT&T, things started to change... Idk what type of deal my fathers company had with cingular, but it seemed to change when the name changed. I started getting overages for 'roaming' when I never left the country, and was told that the cell signal bounced over the frozen lake erie (BS if you ask me). And after a couple months of complaints and $100+ overage charges to just my line with no one doing anything about it... I left and went back to sprint!

Sprint was fantastic when I came back, and although the razor phone I chose had a few issues, I couldn't have been happier leaving AT&t. I then traded to the HTC Touch when it first came out, and was on the cutting edge of tech at the time (not very long, lol) HTC did a good job of making a very non-user-friendly software better, and I went to the Hero when it came out. I couldn't believe how much better Android was over windows 6 phone, and have been a loyal android user since.

Sprint had a decent network when they first launched the EVDO network and it was fast enough for me to see full HTML web pages faster than other networks could load mobile sites, and I was always bragging to my friends how much better it was. I admit that it did slow down especially after the launch of the EVO and since my town of Erie, PA didn't receive any WiMax love, people were using their unlimited data on a very limited network...

Now with NV hopefully we will see a new Renascence of interest in sprint, and since every tower will at least have PCS LTE, we will all be able to enjoy faster speeds. And where clearwire is present, we will have INSANE speeds! lol

If I'm not mistaken, that is for aircards only?

Yes, that specific page is a popup when you click on the limitations link for the Aircards. Outside of a search engine like Google taking you directly to the page from a search, that's the only other way you would get that info. It does not apply to phones. In addition, it is an outdated page back from when there was only the Unlimited/5GB conversion. Before Sprint split the plans up to allow more options. There isn't even a 5GB plan anymore...

• Like 1