How often is the current production rate updated? Just wondering, since I'm pretty sure it bumped up about 10% since last time I looked at it less than a month ago. Does it update automatically ?

How often is the current production rate updated? Just wondering, since I'm pretty sure it bumped up about 10% since last time I looked at it less than a month ago. Does it update automatically ?

It only gets updated when the numbers are run, a couple times a month. It used to be once a week, but now that there are so many markets and so much data it takes a lot more time to do, so it's not as often.

• Like 1

So I noticed something. If I go long periods of time without using my iPhone in my room, I almost always find it on LTE with one bar (one circle on iOS 7  :P), but as soon as I try to use data, it immediately switches to 1x, then 3G. I don't know why, but what a tease lol

• Like 1

So I noticed something. If I go long periods of time without using my iPhone in my room, I almost always find it on LTE with one bar (one circle on iOS 7  :P), but as soon as I try to use data, it immediately switches to 1x, then 3G. I don't know why, but what a tease lol

Happens to me every single day, multiple times a day in my apartment as well. I think you might be on the edge of the signal limit then..

• Like 1

Happens to me every single day, multiple times a day in my apartment as well. I think you might be on the edge of the signal limit then..

This happens to me all the time in one room of the house. Usually signal is -118 to -124

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Essentially one or zero bars. Definitely not usable.

Yup. Happens to me, and then mine switches back to 3g. So sad though. Can walk to the other side of my hallway in my apartment complex and 3 bars and LTE. Makes me want to cry. haha :twitch:

• Like 1

Translate that into, I don't have an android, english for me :D haha

You still have an engineering screen where you can look at signal levels. I don't remember the shortcut to get there though. A quick search should find it.

• Like 1

You still have an engineering screen where you can look at signal levels. I don't remember the shortcut to get there though. A quick search should find it.

Figured it out. Right now im at -90....From what I read, the higher the number the better right???

Closer to Zero yes.

Well then it just bumped up to -118 and then back to the -90s....Looks like I have something interesting to do when walking my dog tonight. Gonna see how low it gets when I'm in the LTE zone. Ha. LTE zone....I'll see myself out Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

It actually got worse when I went into LTE .... Dropped down to -110 to -120

LTE values will typically be lower, for a couple of reasons. One being it is displayed in RSRP rather than RSSI so the numbers are different. Second that the LTE sure you were connecting to was probably father away than the site giving you EVDO.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

One reason can be that when not in use you have the phone sitting on a piece of furniture. Once you put it on your hand the your body alters the antenna properties; though very slight. Remember that your body does have electrical properties. This is normal performance.

@l3x

• Like 2

One reason can be that when not in use you have the phone sitting on a piece of furniture. Once you put it on your hand the your body alters the antenna properties; though very slight. Remember that your body does have electrical properties. This is normal performance.

@l3x

You're holding it wrong. :-P

As a certified project manager, I don't buy this logic. You can have excuses or you can have results. Not both.

A project manager's job is to coordinate and plan so that these fall into place together. Yeah, every now and again, s**t happens. But if every job is delayed by municipalities, backhaul, then someone needs to anticipate this and get an earlier start.

As a CDT/CCCA myself, I disagree. This is a nationwide project. It's not one local project. It is 99 very large regional projects. It was rushed to start so some results could be seen early for customers.

They could have done more planning and spent a lot of time up front to make sure that Network Vision went as smooth and seamless as possible. However, that would have delayed the start of Network Vision another 6-9 months and the completion date would still be roughly the same.

So which is better, run out the door and do anything and everything possible every day so that customers can start seeing some results immediately, or wait and do more planning and delay the first sites that could be worked on now until they all can be done together farther down the road? Sprint chose the former, you suggest the latter. And you get the luxury of choosing after the fact, and after a period of results that you can measure.

Perhaps if Sprint could have seen into the future, they would have made a different choice. But I doubt it. Because of the head start their competitors had, there was an urgency to start as soon as possible. They had the potential of losing millions of customers.

Sprint is not the carrier for everyone. And now with Network Vision there is a clear measuring stick in which to see the deployment of LTE. If it doesn't meet your needs and you cannot wait for the evolution of the network in your area, you should find another carrier.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 6

Perhaps if Sprint could have seen into the future, they would have made a different choice. But I doubt it. Because of the head start their competitors had, there was an urgency to start as soon as possible. They had the potential of losing millions of customers.

Sprint is not the carrier for everyone. And now with Network Vision there is a clear measuring stick in which to see the deployment of LTE. If it doesn't meet your needs and you cannot wait for the evolution of the network in your area, you should find another carrier.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This.This.This. Sprint is not in the business of losing money....Oh wait, thats not just sprint. Thats every single corporation that exists. It's clear that they are doing everything in their power to speed things up, even with all the set backs/ hold ups, that have been slowing the complete network overhaul....

HAve to run that through peoples minds a few times. Complete network overhaul, not just 4g lte rollout. May be taking a while, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run for sure. Still highly anticipating Orlando launch. Would be an excellent christmas present. 

• Like 2

Has anybody seen anything in the PSL area? I figured since they launched that area they wouldn't leave the 6 remaining towers without upgrades. I know there is still lots to do everywhere but maybe they launched a little premature...

had to drive over to Bithlo this morning, talk about an LTE hotzone! I was running tests and getting between 10-20mbps down all the way until I got back up on Alafaya - then it went back to solid 3G.

• Like 1

had to drive over to Bithlo this morning, talk about an LTE hotzone! I was running tests and getting between 10-20mbps down all the way until I got back up on Alafaya - then it went back to solid 3G.

"Welcome to Bithlo - We Have Sprint LTE!!"

• Like 2

"Welcome to Bithlo - We Have Sprint LTE!!"

that they do, I was doing the three SSS's, Signalcheck Pro, Speedtest, and Sensorly. Everytime the signal would decline, it would drop to 3G then reacquire another tower and BOOM - LTE again.

2013-07-18_09-47-34.png

Edited by UCFKnight
  • Like 1