This was over by Cracker Barrel off of 436 in Altamonte tonight. Using an iPhone 6 attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414716017.579614.jpg

I ate at that waffle house across the street on Tuesday morning and speeds were good to... Also stayed in that Hampton Inn there. Didn't get the screenshot though... I am impressed with the performance in Orlando... Just waiting for that spark to come south now.

This at your abode?

Yup. It's a brand new site so j think there is probably some kinks that need to be worked out... I hope. This site finally gives me signal inside my home in the event my wifi is acting up. And in the rest of my neighborhood which is nice.

Just wish the latency wasn't so high, and the download would stay higher. Definitely something wrong because when I first caught that site I was getting 9 down at 6 in the afternoon

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

This is from inside my house. It's like this throughout my neighborhood. If I leave my neighborhood and head toward S.R 44 I see LTE almost immediately. I live on Nature Creek Lane in New Smyrna Beach, FL for anyone who wants to look into my issue. I would love to know just how far my closest tower is.

Edited by S4GRU
Removed speed test to comply with the rules. It does not add anything to the conversation

This is from inside my house. It's like this throughout my neighborhood. If I leave my neighborhood and head toward S.R 44 I see LTE almost immediately. I live on Nature Creek Lane in New Smyrna Beach, FL for anyone who wants to look into my issue. I would love to know just how far my closest tower is.

IMG_0221.png

Become a sponsor and you'll be able to see the Sponsor maps for yourself. Better yet, become a premier Sponsor and you'll be able to see everything S4GRU has to offer, including schedules.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

Become a sponsor and you'll be able to see the Sponsor maps for yourself. Better yet, become a premier Sponsor and you'll be able to see everything S4GRU has to offer, including schedules.

Yeah.... No. I'll pass on that. All that sounds great, but it's not that important to me. Posted my speed test to add to the conversation. 

Yeah.... No. I'll pass on that. All that sounds great, but it's not that important to me. Posted my speed test to add to the conversation.

The speeds look right, the ping doesn't. Probably a tower issue.

• Like 1

You asked if we would look into your issue and tell you where the closest tower is to you.

I'm telling you that that is Sponsor info and you can see for yourself by helping to keep this site alive with a donation, which will make you a Sponsor. As a Sponsor, you'll have access to the information that you're looking for.

A Premier Sponsor has access to even more info.

• Like 3

It's right by 44 on Field St. In NSB. South of you is close to 442 and 95 (on the east side)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So was just down south yesterday and today. In Rivera, north palm, and palm beach gardens. The LTE experience is nice but I can absolutely definitely see how b26 is needed, and even densifying b41 down there.

My experience is Orlando is consistently better than it was down there, and my house is a black hole. Being up here with all three bands makes me feel bad for the people south of the evil line... Hopefully that'll be resolved soon so we can get b26 state wide. What a difference that will make.

Another thing to note is that I had LTE pretty much the entire ride. There is a stretch where it drops to 3G which is basically unusable because it's such a low signal, but for the majority of the ride on 95 it's all LTE. Very impressive considering this time last year I would've had 3g ( and unusable) most of the way.

Progress!!!

• Like 1

So was just down south yesterday and today. In Rivera, north palm, and palm beach gardens. The LTE experience is nice but I can absolutely definitely see how b26 is needed, and even densifying b41 down there.

My experience is Orlando is consistently better than it was down there, and my house is a black hole. Being up here with all three bands makes me feel bad for the people south of the evil line... Hopefully that'll be resolved soon so we can get b26 state wide. What a difference that will make.

Another thing to note is that I had LTE pretty much the entire ride. There is a stretch where it drops to 3G which is basically unusable because it's such a low signal, but for the majority of the ride on 95 it's all LTE. Very impressive considering this time last year I would've had 3g ( and unusable) most of the way.

Progress!!!

Amen about the b26! We need it bad....
  • Like 1

A friend just took this picture. Ugh, I miss the water so much. Stupid land locked Orlando! attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046074.577231.jpg

This is peanut island in palm beach.

And that's now my New wallpaper for my phone - tell your friend thanks!

• Like 1

How is New Smyrna Beach overall? I'm going to be heading out that way during the X-Mas holidays for 2 weeks. Some of my family live in between the New Smyrna Speedway, and Lake Ashby (on Lake Ashby side). I know there's 2 LTE live towers that aren't all that far from one another in that area. Last time I was there 2 years ago, 3G was spotty out that way, and it's heavily wooded. According to one family member, she's been getting very good LTE signals on the 415, and pretty good overall service at home, I remember that kind of lacked since I was last there 2 years ago. Looks like I'm going to have to map more inland once I get there after looking at sensorly.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417112527.112084.jpg

Can someone explain this behemoth to me. I was out driving taking my dogs for a ride because it's absolutely amazing outside today, and I saw this. I've never seen anything like it.

I seen something like that off I-4. Also one down off 95 in West Palm. I think they cover the antennas.

Can someone explain this behemoth to me. I was out driving taking my dogs for a ride because it's absolutely amazing outside today, and I saw this. I've never seen anything like it.

That looks to be the tower by my old office on the northeast side of Research Park / southeast side of UCF campus. I think those are antenna housing cylinders but I couldn't tell you their purpose.. Possibly to protect from lightning, birds, interference?

Honestly just looks like a bunch of cigarettes to me..

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

That looks to be the tower by my old office on the northeast side of Research Park / southeast side of UCF campus. I think those are antenna housing cylinders but I couldn't tell you their purpose.. Possibly to protect from lightning, birds, interference?

Honestly just looks like a bunch of cigarettes to me..

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

Over on Avalon park blvd next to the school.

I don't know . I thought it was ugly haha.