Alright guys, and yet, another update. I just caught a very faint LTE signal in front of my apartment complex while I was walking home. Exciting!!! If anybody is ever around Colonial, 417, Dean Road, Econlockhatchee Trail, or Alafaya north of UCF, please map a trip on Sensorly around those areas whenever you get the chance. I have absolutely no idea what tower I was connected to just now in Union Park, and I'm not even sure if our phones can pick up that low of a signal while driving, or if I just got lucky while I was walking. Keep up the great work! Thanks guys!

Edited by XXavierXX

can anybody map it? cause I downloaded Sensorly or do you have to be a sponsor.

Just go to the Google Play Store, seach "Sensorly" and you can download it for free (androids). On iPhones, I am going to assume the appstore, or whatever it is called and can download it as well. With iPhones, you can see where LTE has been, but you are unable to plot (map) LTE locations. It is a FREE app, and is really quite useful, and in my opinion a MUST have with LTE growing in the CFL area.

Edited by kmshadoze

thank you!!! I cant wait till it comes towards Sanford/Lake Mary

Its in Sanford a LITTLE bit, 417 & LM Blvd, and also shows a dot near 25th street. But I too am hoping that it comes this way soon. On I4 I saw some work being done right around Exit 94, and from what I have read, the towers have ~10 mile range, so I am hoping that will cover get parts of Lake Mary. The tower is quite tall, and is a Sprint tower for sure, and could see workers at it today around 2pm, so I am HOPING that it comes live soon.

Just came up Aloma ave, I can confirm LTE is active but its really spotty (at least for now), but my evo jumped from 3G to LTE seamlessly. Can't say everybody is having the same experience but it looks like the recent update fixed the evo to a degree. Wasn't able to get a speed test either as I was driving, maybe later when I get out of work

I didn't notice the 50 and I95 tower coming online. Is that new?

Yes. It went live yesterday.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yesterday I flashsed the new modem that is out for the s3 and now my network type is back to evdo Rev a:8 as opposed to the erphd that I had. Does anyone know what to make of this? Tia

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I flashsed the new modem that is out for the s3 and now my network type is back to evdo Rev a:8 as opposed to the erphd that I had. Does anyone know what to make of this? Tia

I had that happen to me a week or two ago, seems like within a day it went back to normal reading eHRPD...

I would also make sure you're network type is set to LTE/CDMA as if that is set to CDMA only it will read EVDO Rev. A

I had that happen to me a week or two ago, seems like within a day it went back to normal reading eHRPD...

I would also make sure you're network type is set to LTE/CDMA as if that is set to CDMA only it will read EVDO Rev. A

Yes, I am on CDMA/lte, I was actually able to pick up 4g about 5 miles from my house and I live way out in the country!

So based on what I've seen around campus, it looks like there's a 1-2 bar LTE signal pretty much everywhere within a ~500 foot radius of UCF Library. Nowhere on campus has acceptable internet speeds though. Sprint still has a whole lot of work to do.

So based on what I've seen around campus, it looks like there's a 1-2 bar LTE signal pretty much everywhere within a ~500 foot radius of UCF Library. Nowhere on campus has acceptable internet speeds though. Sprint still has a whole lot of work to do.

Yeah. The ucf towers arent up yet. We've been getting lte from the aloma and the Oviedo towers so far.

Edited by samer21
  • Like 1

That they do, but Ericsson is making a lot of progress now. I'm gonna try and scan the area in downtown orlando tomorrow after work. Its just up the road from my office so if I can beat the 5pm traffic gridlock, we'll have more of the map covered.

I contacted Sprint recently to state the trouble I had connecting to 4G in 4G markets with my EVOLTE, they were nice enough to send me a replacement GS3 to use.

That said, last night, before I received the GS3 I did a 3g speed test in my house. Like usual, I was at like .45mbps DL and .3mbps UL.

I just did it in the exact same spot with the GS3, and the speeds were 1.5mbps DL and .6mbps UL.

Could it be possible the EVOLTE radios are that bad? or could it simply mean my EVOLTE just had bad radios? I am blown back at the difference.

I contacted Sprint recently to state the trouble I had connecting to 4G in 4G markets with my EVOLTE, they were nice enough to send me a replacement GS3 to use.

That said, last night, before I received the GS3 I did a 3g speed test in my house. Like usual, I was at like .45mbps DL and .3mbps UL.

I just did it in the exact same spot with the GS3, and the speeds were 1.5mbps DL and .6mbps UL.

Could it be possible the EVOLTE radios are that bad? or could it simply mean my EVOLTE just had bad radios? I am blown back at the difference.

It's hard to make direct comparisons between devices. I do agree the EVO 4G radios aren't the greatest but I haven't noticed that on 3G. You may have connected to a different sector accounting for the speed difference. Glad they gave you a GS3 though!

It's hard to make direct comparisons between devices. I do agree the EVO 4G radios aren't the greatest but I haven't noticed that on 3G. You may have connected to a different sector accounting for the speed difference. Glad they gave you a GS3 though!

Makes sense.

I loved most things about my EVO, outside of the connection issues. I have a week or two before i need to send either back so ill be testing out the GS3, if it does in fact work better ill have to send my EVO back.

Sometimes Sprint really impresses me with taking care of customers, they listened to the complaint and actually offered a reasonable solution.

Makes sense.

I loved most things about my EVO, outside of the connection issues. I have a week or two before i need to send either back so ill be testing out the GS3, if it does in fact work better ill have to send my EVO back.

Sometimes Sprint really impresses me with taking care of customers, they listened to the complaint and actually offered a reasonable solution.

I feel similar. My wife has a GS3 and I feel the screen is oversaturated and I prefer the EVO's metal construction. Hurts that the connectivity suffers though. It's a toss up!