There was some work going on at the tower on Lk Underhill and Alafaya. I couldnt see where the truck was from though.

I was able to map a good dot where Rouse, Lk Underhill and the 408 come together.

Might explain the weird service I was having all day. Was going in and out

At 7am this morning I got 3 bars of LTE near WPPD with 8Gbps download. I also picked up three bars of completely unusable LTE next to Orlando Exec Airport (west side)...a first for me in that area to have any LTE.

• Like 4

At 7am this morning I got 3 bars of LTE near WPPD with 8Gbps download. I also picked up three bars of completely unusable LTE next to Orlando Exec Airport (west side)...a first for me in that area to have any LTE.

Think I'll be making a trip down to the police department this weekend and do some mapping! :)

• Like 3

Think I'll be making a trip down to the police department this weekend and do some mapping! :)

Don't get arrested. And furthermore, don't let the police overhear you talking about Sprint. If the police are anywhere near as pissed off as I am you might get Rodney Kinged during a routine Sprint 2G speed test.

Edited by gf11speed

Yesterday I saw a crew with a crane-like cherry picker working on the tower south of E. E. Williamson, east of Markham Woods Road, and just west of I-4 in Longwood. They were there again this afternoon but the boom was down and I assume they were on a lunch break. I stopped to get a shot of the racks -- no LTE equipment yet as far as I can tell. Click the thumbnail to get the full resolution image.

iRoEsEJ.jpg

What IS that? Haha. I've never seen anything like it.

• Like 1

What IS that? Haha. I've never seen anything like it.

Just southwest of the E. E. Williams Road overpass of I-4 in Longwood. Some links:

Nah I'll be fine, I'm personal friends with a few of the watch captains and some of the patrol sergeants so I'm sort of untouchable as long as I'm in WP.

Do you have IOU cards you can share with us? I love Dunkin, I can always get them some Dunkin if I get pulled over. Plus my friend drives like an idiot and lives in winter park. I literally fear for my life every time I get in the car, and have come to the conclusion that I have to accept my imminent death as an outcome of riding in the car with him. Just yesterday I had to warn him that he was moments from hitting someone because he was turning and was looking at oncoming traffic instead of the car still in front of him. 

Edit: also that tower looks like something out of a crazy movie where aliens are trying to create a giant communications tower. What the hell is it?

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Do not pass GO or collect $200 either...

• Like 3

Do you have IOU cards you can share with us? I love Dunkin, I can always get them some Dunkin if I get pulled over. Plus my friend drives like an idiot and lives in winter park. I literally fear for my life every time I get in the car, and have come to the conclusion that I have to accept my imminent death as an outcome of riding in the car with him. Just yesterday I had to warn him that he was moments from hitting someone because he was turning and was looking at oncoming traffic instead of the car still in front of him. 

Edit: also that tower looks like something out of a crazy movie where aliens are trying to create a giant communications tower. What the hell is it?

I've known most of the guys since high school as they were resource officers when I was there, and they sort of took a liking to ROTC cadets as most of them are ex-army rangers but they're pretty lax when it comes to pulling people over, unlike OPD. I've been speeding through the city since I got my license at 17, and twelve years later - never have gotten a ticket, no accident, nothing.

• Like 1

I've known most of the guys since high school as they were resource officers when I was there, and they sort of took a liking to ROTC cadets as most of them are ex-army rangers but they're pretty lax when it comes to pulling people over, unlike OPD. I've been speeding through the city since I got my license at 17, and twelve years later - never have gotten a ticket, no accident, nothing.

I have noticed that up here...In Gardens, you did not speed on major roads like PGA or Northlake Blvd...If you did, they would see you, and they would ticket you. I speed literally everywhere I am up here...Normally my average speed is 60 but its funny because I am still getting passed by people when I am doing 60 in a 45. 

Invested in a radar detector when I lived in gardens, but so far it has proved unnecessary up here as I don't ever see any police.

• Like 1

I own a radar detector to ensure no problems in Winter Park :-)

• Like 2

Got unusable LTE in downtown Orlando, down by the science center. I can connect to it for a second but its knocking me off

Maybe still testing? I experienced that when they were working on the Ocoee water tower. They also are waiting on backhaul I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Not LTE related, but just realized I have been paying way too much for service lol. Got on the new plan for $80 which is much better than my previous $110. Here's to hoping the LTE gets good in two months so I don't have to leave when my contract expires :)

• Like 1

Got unusable LTE in downtown Orlando, down by the science center. I can connect to it for a second but its knocking me off

The signal is probably worse than -115dbm. You were on the edge of the tower range most likely.

Today was the first day I had LTE for 75% of my commute. Drove from the St Cloud Lakeside (34769) to MM 256 on the Turnpike. Most of the ride I had signal between -105 & -65... NO hickups while listening to IHeartRadio either.

Total mapping was 765 lte points... hopefully this will help bring the average up in sensorly too...

All I need now is working LTE @ work... still getting -115 near Turkey Lake and Sand Lake (Universal Studios)

@l3x

• Like 2

I'm down in Stuart right now. And oh my god. 29 download , 6 upload and ping of 36..... I can't upload the picture it won't let me keeps saying its too big.

I had speeds like that one night in Sarasota after dropping off my cat. I was literally dumbfounded.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

The tower at Lk Underhill and Alafaya is up and running. I mapped a small section on Lk Underhill, the road that goes behind Lowes and BJs and behind the businesses on Alafaya down to Curry Ford. Nice dark purple is showing up on Sensorly.

• Like 4

The tower at Lk Underhill and Alafaya is up and running. I mapped a small section on Lk Underhill, the road that goes behind Lowes and BJs and behind the businesses on Alafaya down to Curry Ford. Nice dark purple is showing up on Sensorly.

Ya I saw today in Waterford at buffalo wild wings I had -87 dBm meaning the tower is now live. I'm gonna do a complete mapping tomorrow.

• Like 2