Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

I was disappointed cause the results at 89th and Penn. Disappointment is no gone.

This was at 89th and Penn. I usually use a tulsa server cause it seems to do better. This time Tulsa servers were all really really bad so used one in OKC.

We went and did some shopping and when we were at May and I240 I noticed was back on 4G so ran another speed test with Tulsa server.

I also was mapping with sensorly.

Phone showed 4G all the way till Sunnylane exit on 240.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of LTE signal strength did you have on that slow test? The speed of the LTE is VERY dependent on signal strength. But even the weakest LTE signal is better than most EVDO signals.

What kind of LTE signal strength did you have on that slow test? The speed of the LTE is VERY dependent on signal strength. But even the weakest LTE signal is better than most EVDO signals.

Not sure on actual strength. I was showing 4 bars but know that is deceiving. I looked at the tower right there and it DID NOT look upgraded so believe it was on the other side of I240 that was actually live and I was at the edge of the signal. I say this cause I was much closer to the other tower when I got the high speed. The location I went to first is where someone first reported getting LTE. Was in the area getting stuff for daughters birthday party so didn't have time to do much. (Wife says I was still taking to long lol)

Not sure on actual strength. I was showing 4 bars but know that is deceiving. I looked at the tower right there and it DID NOT look upgraded so believe it was on the other side of I240 that was actually live and I was at the edge of the signal. I say this cause I was much closer to the other tower when I got the high speed. The location I went to first is where someone first reported getting LTE. Was in the area getting stuff for daughters birthday party so didn't have time to do much. (Wife says I was still taking to long lol)

Now you understand why the LTE engineering screen is your friend. For instance I was just in an area where the site was 8 miles away. I was connected but barely, speedtest was 2 megabit or so. The LTE engineering screen I instantly new it was site that was pretty far to my west. A quick look at the spreadsheet confirmed which site I was connected to.

Got back in town early tonight, drove around to find where the signal was originating from ( mapped sensorly as well) tracked it out to Bixby. Speeds were under 15Mbps.
i see your maps. It looks like that tower at 131st and memorial. Seems to go several miles, all the way to 91st. That's pretty crazy.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink....

I've only just now installed a TW rom. I'll try making a table and record some SIDs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

i see your maps. It looks like that tower at 131st and memorial. Seems to go several miles, all the way to 91st. That's pretty crazy.

on memorial you can pick it up at about 81st. on mingo about 101st it dies out. At both those locations the signal is unusable. once signal strength gets under -100dbm speeds remain consistent all the way till -75dbm when your staring at the tower. :D

Very pleased so far.

• Like 2

what am i missing Ive been to 81st and mingo to memorial and I get nothing? is it further south ?

Cycle airplane mode on then off. Had to do that this morning when I was mapping.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Cycle airplane mode on then off. Had to do that this morning when I was mapping. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I did that and still nothing but i will try again soon thanks

what am i missing Ive been to 81st and mingo to memorial and I get nothing? is it further south ?

Its in Bixby at 131st and memorial. The signal reaches 81st and 169 while on the highway but not without a signal booster on 81st.

What is this signal booster everyone keeps talking about ?

Cell signal boosters are consumer cellular repeaters which improve cell signal in your car, your home or an office.

Wilson Electronics makes the best boosters. I have a Wilson sleek signal booster which is a car cradle mount signal booster. It boosts signals in the PCS A-F bands (Sprint 3G and their current voice network) and the Cellular 850 band (US Cellular in Tulsa area and Verizon in OKC area) greatly and boosts the PCS G Block (Sprint 4G LTE) slightly but noticeably.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FGWGPS?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Cell signal boosters are consumer cellular repeaters which improve cell signal in your car, your home or an office.

Wilson Electronics makes the best boosters. I have a Wilson sleek signal booster which is a car cradle mount signal booster. It boosts signals in the PCS A-F bands (Sprint 3G and their current voice network) and the Cellular 850 band (US Cellular in Tulsa area and Verizon in OKC area) greatly and boosts the PCS G Block (Sprint 4G LTE) slightly but noticeably.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FGWGPS?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Thanks for the info . I just took my sister to osu/okc and I had 4g lte from there all the way down nw 10th until I got to Robinson in downtown .
  • Like 1

I think it should be noted that just because you have 4 bars and a 4G icon, that does not mean you have 4 bars of 4G. The signal bars only indicate your 1x voice strentgh. To see your data connection strength you should either use the engineering screen, or download a 3rd party app like signalcheck lite (though it may not be 100% accurate.). Performance #s drop off steeply after about -105 dBm, and its hard to determine actual real life performance until the entire area is densely covered with lte sites & loaded with 4G subscribers. That said, I've noticed my 3G connection to have improved in all areas I've visited in the last week;smoothly loads web pages emails, apps,streaming music. However it still does not load videos well and I suspect it will continue to struggle until 3G is complete. NV complete 3G sites spit a solid 1.5-2mbps back.

I was mapping with sensorly and according to it I had 1 bar the whole way down nw 10th street . I did manage to do a speed test and got 6.7 mbps download which is the fastest ive ever seen on sprint .

I was mapping with sensorly and according to it I had 1 bar the whole way down nw 10th street . I did manage to do a speed test and got 6.7 mbps download which is the fastest ive ever seen on sprint .

I got 34.89 yesterday,speeds will only improve as they bring on new sites and get closer to your physical location...Well they will improve until the network is saturated with users, then speeds drop accordingly, Also on a 5x5 carrier channel which is what we have in OK we are maxed out around 37 Mbps on downlink (21 on uplink).

7mbps, almost 1 full MB is a very good internet connection. I bet average speeds will be slightly better than that to much better than that depending on traffic load. Keep searching for Lte!

That tower is nuts,I picked it up on bass pro hill @ 11 miles. I've also picked it up by lake bixhoma..I'd guess that's about 8 miles.

I'm curious about coverage in my kiddo's neighborhood, if you're out and about checking coverage maybe you could drive by E 115th Pl. S & S 102nd E? It's just east of Mingo Rd where you guys have seen signal, probably from the Memorial & 134th tower.

The boy just has a 4S (no LTE) and not having any success getting info out of the Daughter-in-Law with the GS III.

I'm curious about coverage in my kiddo's neighborhood, if you're out and about checking coverage maybe you could drive by E 115th Pl. S & S 102nd E? It's just east of Mingo Rd where you guys have seen signal, probably from the Memorial & 134th tower.

The boy just has a 4S (no LTE) and not having any success getting info out of the Daughter-in-Law with the GS III.

I just happened to check my phone while at 111th and Garnett yesterday, still indicated 4G. I'm sure if signal did reach the property it would not be strong enough to permeate indoors, and probably wont be until the tower out by Bixby's Super-Target is Live..(81st and Mingo tower might reach out their too, but im sure the one by Target is closer.) Also both sites are in progress, the one by Target has had top antenna panels for about a month, and in the last 2 weeks they have gone back and wired them. They have been out at the 81st Tower several times as well and as of last week they installed panels. Not 100% on this but i assume they just need inspection.