Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Anyone heard when they might get LTE up in Stillwater? I thought at one time I saw it listed on their list for sometime this summer but I could be wrong.

If you become a sponsor you get access to all the Sprint locations. You will then be able to check your sites to see if any new equipment has arrived, it's really the best way.

How do you become a sponsor?

And where do you find "Sensorly" ?

Sensorly.com or on the Google play or app store. Only android phones can map, iphone can not due to apple's poor business decisions.

Sent from my little Note2

Wait what? T-Mobile has been using Erricson air panels with integrated RRU's I thought, is Nokia deploying here as well?

NSN here in OK. Most of the TMO sites in the OKC metro have been modernized already. Was testing out their network with an unlocked 4s up until last week, and was getting 3G nearly everywhere.

NSN here in OK. Most of the TMO sites in the OKC metro have been modernized already. Was testing out their network with an unlocked 4s up until last week, and was getting 3G nearly everywhere.

T-mobile is re-configuring for 1900 as well as installing LTE equipment. The 1900MHZ HSPA is active in parts of Tulsa and most of OKC. LTE is not on for T-Mo yet here or almost anywhere else in the country.

Side note i was able to connect to LTE inside my classroom with a window in TCC, nabbed it on Sensorly.

Screenshotfrom2013-04-10153133_zps43f5bd89.png

Serving cell was 26, so this was picked up from aprox 6 miles & through an exterior wall. :tu:

T-mobile is re-configuring for 1900 as well as installing LTE equipment. The 1900MHZ HSPA is active in parts of Tulsa and most of OKC. LTE is not on for T-Mo yet here or almost anywhere else in the country.

Side note i was able to connect to LTE inside my classroom with a window in TCC, nabbed it on Sensorly.

Screenshotfrom2013-04-10153133_zps43f5bd89.png

Serving cell was 26, so this was picked up from aprox 6 miles & through an exterior wall. :tu:

Impressive! As for T-Mo not being on LTE in most areas, you're correct. That said, I've been able to connect to it for a few minutes at a time in various spots throughout OKC. It's visible almost everywhere in the metro, but it's hard to get connected. If you hammer it for several minutes it'll let you in long enough to do a speed test, but you get kicked out after 2-3 minutes tops. They're not like Sprint, unfortunately; they don't seem to allow registration on the LTE network until it's pretty much done.

Impressive! As for T-Mo not being on LTE in most areas, you're correct. That said, I've been able to connect to it for a few minutes at a time in various spots throughout OKC. It's visible almost everywhere in the metro, but it's hard to get connected. If you hammer it for several minutes it'll let you in long enough to do a speed test, but you get kicked out after 2-3 minutes tops. They're not like Sprint, unfortunately; they don't seem to allow registration on the LTE network until it's pretty much done.

I've watched them on a few towers in Tulsa. They are speedy,I'll be interested to pit their LTE network against Sprint's.

I've watched them on a few towers in Tulsa. They are speedy,I'll be interested to pit their LTE network against Sprint's.

I know they're not having to do near as much work as Sprint, but I'm really impressed with the speed. It seems that they spend no more than 2 days at most sites before moving on. They're all activated within a few days of the panels and Flexi BTS being put up. I'm sure it helps that these are mostly sites that had HSPA+ 42 already, so they have adequate backhaul in place.

• Like 1

I admit I did a double take when I saw the Flexi T-Mobile refarming/LTE setup in person for the first time. I thought they were RRU's, but was shocked to find out they were also the actual base station, sitting up at the top of the tower right behind the antennas more or less.

• Like 1

NSN's use a flexi base station which is literally a giant box between all 3 sectors...

Here is a long focal length pic that I took of a local T-Mobile cell site that has been modernized with NSN infrastructure.

2013-02-15+17.52.48.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

Ericsson can't accept their own equipment though.

That would be like doing an appraisal for the bank loan on your own house. Just doesn't fly.

Thought it went: Ericsson > Samsung> Sprint. For the inspection/acceptance schedule, i thought all 3 have to green light the tower before it goes live.

Thought it went: Ericsson > Samsung> Sprint. For the inspection/acceptance schedule, i thought all 3 have to green light the tower before it goes live.

Isn't your market Ericsson? If so, then Samsung probably isn't involved. Unless maybe they are the third party person doing the inspections.

Isn't your market Ericsson? If so, then Samsung probably isn't involved. Unless maybe they are the third party person doing the inspections.

I remember reading that acceptance schedule for Ericsson markets somewhere on the site a while back.

I've never seen a truck marked Samsung out at a tower. I have seen Goodman networks, They could be contracting inspections from Samsung.

The pattern i have noticed is; Techsico completes the tower, Ericsson appears, 3rd party appears, Tower goes live. ( So far it takes 1 month from the time i see a tower with antennas to the time i see 4G on my phone. )

As in monitoring techsico and actually integrating the equipment onto Sprint's network?

Probably.. Ericsson is the first level contractor for your area.

I wouldn't always go by your time line as we have seen sites go to 4g active within 5 days of seeing crews installing the antennas. Then the adjacent site to it has been installed since October and nothing from it yet.

Probably.. Ericsson is the first level contractor for your area.

I wouldn't always go by your time line as we have seen sites go to 4g active within 5 days of seeing crews installing the antennas. Then the adjacent site to it has been installed since October and nothing from it yet.

I'd love to see sites go live that fast, so far though i haven't seen it. Perhaps as more and more complete they will go on faster?

I'd love to see sites go live that fast, so far though i haven't seen it. Perhaps as more and more complete they will go on faster?

Just depends. If the cabinets and backhaul is done ahead of the antennas then as you have already seen that can be done in one day.

Just depends. If the cabinets and backhaul is done ahead of the antennas then as you have already seen that can be done in one day.

On every site ive seen so far they have cabinets in before they show up for antennas. I know of a site that has had backhaul since February and now it has cabinets, still no antennas.... but i know one day :rolleyes: