Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

as far as NV goes, where you have service today, it will be improved greatly by NV. NV itself does not eliminate the deadspots that lie throughout the city. Theoretically those will still exist. However most likely with the deployment of CDMA 1x 800MHZ it should minimize any dead-zones as well as increase your in building signal. I think after our deployment is finished in T-Town (in city performance) should rival that of Verizon. There are many on here with more knowledge than i, hope they jump in here and say anything i missed.

It will most certainly beat Verizon. They have no cellular 850 licenses in Tulsa so they use PCS for their Tulsa coverage (in other words same in-building coverage as Sprint's current network for 3G and 1x)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

LTE performance won't beat AT&T for sure, and probably won't beat Verizon here either. It'll still be good enough, and the coverage will be better either way (once 800Mhz is deployed in particular). I'm interested to see what happens when the networks are all matured a bit more at the end of the year. Tulsa should be launched for Sprint, and Verizon and AT&T will largely be done with all of their efforts in this area, but more importantly, LTE device penetration will be significantly increased across all carriers (and un-carriers) as contracts come up and folks upgrade their equipment and these networks are hammered even more.

we've already seen AT&T and Verizon speeds drop from the 50Mbps when they launched to 20-25 in many places. It'll get worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

LTE performance won't beat AT&T for sure

Actually it will. AT&T only deployed a 5x5 in Tulsa and Sprint will either begin using 4x1 miso or carrier aggregation with LTE advanced later this year. Sprint will still likely be beat on LTE speeds compared to vzw but only just barely. Sprint will have better 1X voice and LTE signal strength than all others except AT&T and US Cellular with 800 service. This is because 800 site density will only be matched by those two and Verizon uses 1900 only for voice and 3G in Tulsa.

You're sure about the 5x5? I've seen some pretty good LTE speeds that I'm not sure are possible on 5x5. I think they deployed a 10x10 here. Most of my friends (and my wife!) has AT&T. The speeds have fallen off, but I'd be surprised to find out it's a 5x5 deployment.

You're sure about the 5x5? I've seen some pretty good LTE speeds that I'm not sure are possible on 5x5. I think they deployed a 10x10 here. Most of my friends (and my wife!) has AT&T. The speeds have fallen off, but I'd be surprised to find out it's a 5x5 deployment.

One of my friends has only able to get 25mbps max since it launched. It would probably be better to actually look at his debugging menus to see what it really is.

At&t does have 10x10 in Tulsa, I saw many 50-70mbps tests at launch, now that has "dwindled" into the 20s. I have a friend with Verizon that has about 12mbps everywhere he goes,and back at launch time (December 2011) it was getting 25mbps. I look forward to 4x4 mimo the additional spectrum offerings will be given their chance to shine.

• Like 1

At&t does have 10x10 in Tulsa, I saw many 50-70mbps tests at launch, now that has "dwindled" into the 20s. I have a friend with Verizon that has about 12mbps everywhere he goes,and back at launch time (December 2011) it was getting 25mbps. I look forward to 4x4 mimo the additional spectrum offerings will be given their chance to shine.

Correct; Tulsa is 10x10 on AT&T; OKC is 5x5 and already stupid slow in most areas.

Correct; Tulsa is 10x10 on AT&T; OKC is 5x5 and already stupid slow in most areas.

I guess my friend just uses his phone in medium to low signal areas.

I had to take a trip to edmund today,luckily I was passenger and scanned for Sprint towers like a hawk. A surprising number of them had NV antennas visible from the highway. I had several 70 mph speed tests that yieded 1.5mbps + 3G. Also hit my all time high non airave 3G download speed of 2.37mbps (10 miles past sapulpa)

Thinking back I wish I would have counted how many rru/sector there was,but at the time I was more concerned with locating the towers and looking at what equip if any had been changed.

• Like 2

AT&T in Oklahoma City has massive market share -- a majority of the market. But AT&T still has some AWS 2100+1700 MHz spectrum and has reportedly started deploying 10 MHz FDD LTE on AWS in at least some parts of the metro.

AJ

So I went by both areas. I can confirm LTE is live, they are not blocking it in any way, I was able to maintain connection for a long time (courtesy of my Wilson sleek booster which I can also confirm works with the G-Block for sure).

I turned off my signal booster and mapped some of the LTE coverage with Sensorly but I wasn't able to locate either site (it was getting dark and I guess I kept going the wrong way).

Here is my best speed test (through signal booster)

LTE%20Speed%20Test.png?token_hash=AAF7ImEaIDI58c19G4Wy0OS2Z1oyql5u_jUd4o5LCYDnUQ

Here are CDMA Field Test screens for each coverage area

CDMA%20Field%20Test%201.png?token_hash=AAEepBxU4ku0iTanp4HvMXblueuWF3oQmlA2yrn52hlQIw

CDMA%20Field%20Test%202.png?token_hash=AAHy_eiIiOJ_UZARuk5tZTEfGHeOzzxEqHZKVpzKu4NcSQ

Roam Control and Signal Info screens

Roam%20Control.png?token_hash=AAFMr9r4_T_PTcxRU1oy373KV4WBT_M83skr54asXAXY8w

Signal%20Info.png?token_hash=AAH4dZZC1V3KEgVbgDK_osct3H9hsdb-oK-flqEokCfxWQ

Maybe they've lifted the block on all sites. I'll try my Sapulpa site at work tomorrrow.

• Like 1

310120 is the MNC/MCC not 31000..weird. Maybe that's an issue with your phone reporting. It could cause an issue with Sensorly as well.

No serving cell IDs?

I suspect the AOSP based rom is to blame. I just havent found a stable touchwiz based rom I like yet.

I suspect the AOSP based rom is to blame. I just havent found a stable touchwiz based rom I like yet.

Gotcha... LTE hunting is downright impossible without an LTE engineering screen. No way to know which site you are connecting to and if the site is new or not.

The glorious day hath come!! I have a few SIDs I'll Be posting all I have when I get back Sunday.

Congrats guys... I see 3 purple spots in OK on Sensorly.

Now keep track of them as you'll keep finding them over and over and never know if you have a new site or not at times. Read this: http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__90231

This is what we use to track the sites: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page__view__findpost__p__102322

• Like 2

Just did speed test at 89 and penn. Will post screen when done shopping with the wife. Kind of disappointed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

If you are posting it for a troubleshooting purpose you need to post the signal as well.

Sent from my little Note2

I was disappointed cause the results at 89th and Penn. Disappointment is no gone.

This was at 89th and Penn. I usually use a tulsa server cause it seems to do better. This time Tulsa servers were all really really bad so used one in OKC.

arydymeq.jpg

We went and did some shopping and when we were at May and I240 I noticed was back on 4G so ran another speed test with Tulsa server.

7yse3e2y.jpg

I also was mapping with sensorly.

ysyru5ad.jpg

Phone showed 4G all the way till Sunnylane exit on 240.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Simple. If you have access to the maps simply start out with the sites that are active. You have the info right there. Just make a new document in google docs. And paste in the info, the serving cells are in your ##DEBUG# screen. Once things start blowing and going you will have absolutely no idea when you are on a new site, unless of course you have a cheat sheet to go by.