Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Actually 15 ago we all started getting higher data speeds again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

You never know with Sprint sites.

Remember legacy sites are fed with T1 backhaul, which may have 6mbps of capacity at most per site. It doesn't take much to bring that 6mbps backhaul to full capacity. If there was any sort of gathering (football game, convention, large arrival of people) it will put a temporary heavy load on the network.

For example, at the college where I study Sprint speeds are around 400kbps during the daytime but if there is a football game, that drops to ~40kbps then rises almost immediately back up to 400 after the game is over.

When I see slow speeds I attribute it to a high load the site can't service. When I see fast speeds I attribute it to a site that either, (at least temporarily), is in state of low traffic load, (which can change with time or events), or an NV site with upgraded backhaul that can handle the load, (on LTE). More often than not, the site is legacy with a low traffic load in those situations.

I don't think I've ever seen Sprint 3G over new backhaul in Oklahoma. During NV upgrades the legacy site is left untouched until 3G upgrades begin and typically enhanced 3G (with new backhaul) wont go live until after LTE is live. Current sites which are NV 3G complete appear to still use legacy backhaul.

I just hit LTE at admiral and memorial in Tulsa

Here's screen shots of data

I suspect based on your signal strength the site is a good distance away from you. Maybe that southern Owasso site?

For example, at the college where I study Sprint speeds are around 400kbps during the daytime but if there is a football game, that drops to ~40kbps then rises almost immediately back up to 400 after the game is over.

Really? I did not know that Oral Roberts plays football.

;)

AJ

Really? I did not know that Oral Roberts plays football.

;)

AJ

ORU was banned from football for 10 years because they were too good. The games are underground now, (like illegal dog/chicken fighting). Making the game illegal added a whole new appeal to watching it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ORU was banned from football for 10 years because they were too good. The games are underground now, (like illegal dog/chicken fighting). Making the game illegal added a whole new appeal to watching it.

I always suspected the Prayer Tower served an ulterior purpose. It must be used for the coaches to scout the underground football team's secret practices.

AJ

• Like 1

OK, one quick off topic thing I have to get off my chest. Windows Update has to be the worst update system I have ever seen. I have lost many hours of work over it and today I'm making my stand by giving microsoft the finger and disabling all updates. I encourage you all to do the same (unless you visit seedy web sites or often find yourself falling victim to opening viruses attached to email regarding male enhancement products). End rant

I noticed some strange behavior today and I must apologize for what I've done. I was mapping the coverage from the newly live LTE site at 11th and Memorial and noticed something interesting, the coverage never stopped. I saw LTE coverage all along highway 169. What set me off was when I tried to put it to a speed test. The tests either failed or were extremely slow. I'm not sure what was going on but I thought maybe the coverage was false so I restarted my phone to my amazement I still had LTE and it still didn't work. Mapping this non-working or perhaps false coverage is called sensorly poisoning. I hope I havent done that.

I did notice that the 11th and Memorial site itself acted strangely. When I tested it directly underneath it I averaged 5mbps down with 300+ ms ping times. Speed did get into the 10mbps range occasionally but it mostly stayed beneath that even with full LTE signal. I'm not really sure what to make of all of this but I plan to reinvestigate it tomorrow.

A second opinion would be appreciated though (hint hint, Mobilesolutions).

Yep I mapped on my way home this morning down 169 and 11th and it seemed to go for a long way

Did the coverage function normally (fast reliable speeds?)

OK, one quick off topic thing I have to get off my chest. Windows Update has to be the worst update system I have ever seen. I have lost many hours of work over it and today I'm making my stand by giving microsoft the finger and disabling all updates. I encourage you all to do the same (unless you visit seedy web sites or often find yourself falling victim to opening viruses attached to email regarding male enhancement products). End rant

I noticed some strange behavior today and I must apologize for what I've done. I was mapping the coverage from the newly live LTE site at 11th and Memorial and noticed something interesting, the coverage never stopped. I saw LTE coverage all along highway 169. What set me off was when I tried to put it to a speed test. The tests either failed or were extremely slow. I'm not sure what was going on but I thought maybe the coverage was false so I restarted my phone to my amazement I still had LTE and it still didn't work. Mapping this non-working or perhaps false coverage is called sensorly poisoning. I hope I havent done that.

I did notice that the 11th and Memorial site itself acted strangely. When I tested it directly underneath it I averaged 5mbps down with 300+ ms ping times. Speed did get into the 10mbps range occasionally but it mostly stayed beneath that even with full LTE signal. I'm not really sure what to make of all of this but I plan to reinvestigate it tomorrow.

A second opinion would be appreciated though (hint hint, Mobilesolutions).

First off, EFF windows. I lost everything on windows 7 after an update a few months back. It was my last straw with Microsoft,I've taken the open source road as of late.

I'll be near there in about an hour or so and I'll take a look.

First off, EFF windows. I lost everything on windows 7 after an update a few months back. It was my last straw with Microsoft,I've taken the open source road as of late.

I'll be near there in about an hour or so and I'll take a look.

Here is what I found out from my trip to revisit this site.

So you don't have to read it all the site has issues especially on the serving cell 239 sector.

East side serving cell 239 @ -75 dbm

0mbps down 2.75mbps up

North side serving cell 239 @ -71dbm

~0.5mbps down and up

West side serving cell 408 @ -71dbm

7.6mbps down 5.6mbps up

Serving cell 239 is completely FUBAR (these are from the east side of the site)

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-38-15.png?token_hash=AAEzFY0zMLZpwLUbMepHLcaOuokdXaerZ7A_IyopWK-6Dw

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-39-17.png?token_hash=AAFcdx-DGDHAwvZYYl8bgK4zxBgrhJg-8IZsTMj-_A2g6g

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-40-08.png?token_hash=AAFhI_oEjuSU-WxYUfy42VoyCsCwp9lgorj4unMIr2mpJg

On the North side still serving cell 239

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-37-02.png?token_hash=AAES1WLRT0HPGOcKG3xkjzPyzBASt05tIuPG4A17chjzWg

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-37-07.png?token_hash=AAFtVhG_h1kpuk1-ZG-pzYEk2nTTNDpAYzllxibfxUz_ww

On the west side (serving cell 408) this sector is much better but also underperforming compared to other sites

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-41-17.png?token_hash=AAEgpDCI2SFmLMgBpFcUH63gyL0Q9W1EHYTEK9KSKCHFLw

Screenshot_2013-04-18-10-41-23.png?token_hash=AAHAT4enykspyiPIfRIIA3c-AXhyaM-2Amdk33HF57xeiA

I'm pretty sure this is 4G without fiber backhaul.

Two more towers are now ready to turn on (assuming they are now just turning them on without proper backhaul.)

81st Mingo & Union HS.

This will complete 4G stretch all the way from 11th & Memorial all the way to Sapulpa.

20130418_132008_zps88ffd07f.jpg

20130416_140808_zps77f09acf.jpg

• Like 1

You should have seen 70 as well if you went north of the site. Depending on if the sites configuration of course. We have seen sites with issues for several weeks after they are turned on. Then some are turned on but you can never connect. Just the nature of the beast of being able to use a new network.

Sent from my little Note2

You should have seen 70 as well if you went north of the site. Depending on if the sites configuration of course. We have seen sites with issues for several weeks after they are turned on. Then some are turned on but you can never connect. Just the nature of the beast of being able to use a new network.

Hey it's on, if they get some speed out of it within a few days or a week after broadcasting then so be it. I'd rather see 4G on than off, even if its slow (temporarily.)

Hey it's on, if they get some speed out of it within a few days or a week after broadcasting then so be it. I'd rather see 4G on than off, even if its slow (temporarily.)

It seemed more dead than slow on 239 to me. I can't believe I actually got a 0.00 mbps down speed test.

It won't stream or transfer even small amounts of data (failed Google voice sms)

I hope they fix it soon.

It seemed more dead than slow on 239 to me. I can't believe I actually got a 0.00 mbps down speed test.

It won't stream or transfer even small amounts of data (failed Google voice sms)

I hope they fix it soon.

Some of those SNR numbers are pretty bad especially with that strong of a signal. Compare your screen shots and you will see what I am talking about.

I hope they fix it soon.

I'm sure as other sites around it coming down from Claremore, Owasso, and heading southbound out on Hwy 169 come online 4G will perform more as intended. I know several are complete and ready to get turned on, still a long way out from being done though.

Some of those SNR numbers are pretty bad especially with that strong of a signal. Compare your screen shots and you will see what I am talking about.

Those results are right in line with my findings out on several sectors in Bixby aside the fact that Bixby has nicely functioning Lte (at least down Memorial.)

Well for -71 signal to have a -14 RSRQ and only a 3 on SNR there is definitely something wrong. I really hope your Bixby sites are not like this as well as that kind of signal quality/noise ratio quite frankly sucks. With a -70ish signal you should be seeing like 20+ on the SNR.

I have a screenshot with -77 signal -9 RSRQ & SNR of 8.2 pulled from sector 7, which is on the furthest site south in Bixby. It spits about 8-20mbps back.

I wouldn't brag about that one either. Probably why you have such a huge variance in speed. Take a look at these and you'll what it is supposed to look like. And I would actually consider the -79 one on the low side. Most of the -70's I have seen at 18, 20, 22 or more. But if you guys think those signals are great, then roll with them. I'm just glad that installation crew is in OK and not LA.

This is a -107 (signal heading down towards 3G handoff land)

uploadfromtaptalk1365685643441.jpg

NL03ME251_ENG.png

• Like 1

If they are subpar results that's nothing to boast about, however these numbers seem to be my norm. The Lte i've experienced has been significantly better than my 3G experience. Many ping times are over 100ms on 4G and i do not see these as being typical of other markets, I'm sure as more sites come online performance numbers will rise and end user quality will adjust accordingly. We are also glad that you don't have our crews! :P

You know we appreciate your wisdom Travis.

I think you mean you hope your sites are revisited and fixed. As more sites come online it creates more noise even further lowering your signal to noise ratio. I am really shocked to see those numbers to be honest as I went back through my many screen shots and the only ones worse than that are my 7+ mile shots but the signal strength shows it on those.

• Like 1