Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

There is no way the the Penn and 59th tower would reach downtown. I mapped data from downtown with a very strong signal. Also there is a tower active on 10th near OSU OKC.

I believe there are 3+ towers active.

Did you get the Sector iD's?

Techsico crews were present at the tower on Union parking lot at 10 AM this morning, Also saw a windstream truck out at the 81st & Mingo site. If we are lucky this Friday will be like last Friday and more 4G could pop up.

I'm not sure if a wind stream truck being there is a good thing.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a Sprint customer so I can't test this, but I think I found a couple sites with NV equipment. Unfortunately, I only had my cell phone so I couldn't get good pics of the panels, but they're brand new and Sprint is the only carrier around here that uses that many RRUs per panel. Do these look like NV cabinets? This is at OK33XC092 by Lake Hefner at Hefner Rd. & Portland at the OKC Water Utilities maintenance yard.

1AoB5yE.jpg

Also, I spied the same setup with the same panels and cabinets that recently went up on the rooftop site at Weokie Credit Union on NW Expressway, site OK03XC079.

Edit: Also looks like OK23XC118 over by OSU-OKC has NV equipment that has recently been installed.

Yup, as we said many times when New Orleans was launching, post the LTE Engineering screens and hit with Sensorly (dark purple) or it didn't happen.

Completely understand. The purple is really inconsistent with it being only one site active though.

Speaking of, I just now got the chance to get on and upload the screenshots. The first one is from NW 10th & May, second from 240 and Penn, and the third from I-40.

post-10860-0-56156900-1365284364_thumb.png

post-10860-0-65975500-1365284368_thumb.png

post-10860-0-88245800-1365284372_thumb.png

I'm not a Sprint customer so I can't test this, but I think I found a couple sites with NV equipment. Unfortunately, I only had my cell phone so I couldn't get good pics of the panels, but they're brand new and Sprint is the only carrier around here that uses that many RRUs per panel. Do these look like NV cabinets? This is at OK33XC092 by Lake Hefner at Hefner Rd. & Portland at the OKC Water Utilities maintenance yard.

1AoB5yE.jpg

Also, I spied the same setup with the same panels and cabinets that recently went up on the rooftop site at Weokie Credit Union on NW Expressway, site OK03XC079.

Edit: Also looks like OK23XC118 over by OSU-OKC has NV equipment that has recently been installed.

No those are the legacy cabinets unfortunately. The NV cabinets i've seen are 2 very wide cabinets & also a little skinny stand-alone.

No those are the legacy cabinets unfortunately. The NV cabinets i've seen are 2 very wide cabinets & also a little skinny stand-alone.

Thats the tower by my house. :(

I have a new FujiFilm HS35EXR camera on the way. I'll be taking a lot of pictures soon for this thread.

Thats the tower by my house. :(

I have a new FujiFilm HS35EXR camera on the way. I'll be taking a lot of pictures soon for this thread.

That's okay there will be a day soon where those new cabinets just show up out of nowhere.

Trust me, I wish it did too. I will try and use my friend's E4GLTE to see if I can get anything on it.

That phone shows the Hex codes, I think the other guys have other devices but that doesn't mean you can't get the strongest signal and confirm that site code.

Sent from my little Note2

Thanks for the response. I wonder what panels I'm seeing up on that tower with 4 RRUs/panel? I was looking directly into the sun to see them, too, so it's possible it was a mirage ;)

Thanks for the response. I wonder what panels I'm seeing up on that tower with 4 RRUs/panel? I was looking directly into the sun to see them, too, so it's possible it was a mirage ;)

Take a pic it would help out a lot. T-Mobile has been using 2 for their Lte build here,I've seen some AT&T with 2 I believe .

Take a pic it would help out a lot. T-Mobile has been using 2 for their Lte build here,I've seen some AT&T with 2 I believe .

Wait what? T-Mobile has been using Erricson air panels with integrated RRU's I thought, is Nokia deploying here as well?

Wait what? T-Mobile has been using Erricson air panels with integrated RRU's I thought, is Nokia deploying here as well?

Just like Sprint, T-Mobile uses different infrastructure vendors. Some T-Mobile markets are Ericsson, while others are NSN.

AJ

• Like 1

I don't know if T-Mobile has any method to their madness. I've seen panels with no rru's side by side with panels that have rru's . They just want to get done fast.

NSN's use a flexi base station which is literally a giant box between all 3 sectors...

Here's a good pic of one from hofo...

I've seen them in permits and their RRUs are called TMU's for some reason.

rLQ5ePF.jpg

http://www.howardfor...ound-Emporia-KS

Also has some good pictures of a Sprint ericsson setup.

• Like 2

We had a member take pictures of a T-mobile upgrade in New Orleans. You could see their 3 "RRUs" on the ground. They stack them together instead of spread out by the sectors. I will see if I can find the picture.