Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

I love all of this movement. I hope it means a sustained high production rate.

I would assume that Techsico would try to get done as quickly as possible. However its going to take some time, and we may see nothing of it for weeks or months.

Think of how wrong this sounds.... you drive around looking for dirty, sweaty, nasty men climbing towers all day long just so you can take pictures of them. My wife pointed this out to me several months ago laughing at me.

Probably another reason to get made fun of for talking about cell sites to disinterested family members.

"Why do you care so much about what a group of men are doing with a cell tower?"

Probably another reason to get made fun of for talking about cell sites to disinterested family members.

"Why do you care so much about what a group of men are doing with a cell tower?"

S4gru is great for avoiding annoyed family members!

• Like 3

not sure why but for the last hour or so the tower on Union parking lot has not been allowing for any use. Anything i do results in network communication error. No, calls or texts or data. I have checked with other phones, the problem is the tower.

not sure why but for the last hour or so the tower on Union parking lot has not been allowing for any use. Anything i do results in network communication error. No, calls or texts or data. I have checked with other phones, the problem is the tower.

You're talking the one a couple blocks northwest of 71st & Mingo? That's strange. I've been using it fine. At least I'm pretty certain it's been that tower.

You're talking the one a couple blocks northwest of 71st & Mingo? That's strange. I've been using it fine. At least I'm pretty certain it's been that tower.

I drove out to it. It wouldn't handle any request.

weird. Either way I do hope it's one of the next towers to begin work. That's a pretty regular tower for me to use.

Not sure when it will begin but I agree I hope its soon. Its the tower closest to my home and at peak hours its all but unusable. I'd guess it will have crews on it before april

Not sure when it will begin but I agree I hope its soon. Its the tower closest to my home and at peak hours its all but unusable. I'd guess it will have crews on it before april

I would call CS and let them know the site isn't working. They might actually fix it or........ Upgrade it early :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I would call CS and let them know the site isn't working. They might actually fix it or........ Upgrade it early :)

Its back on again. Funny thing is internet was much more usable with it off. while it was off my phone picked up the 81 & mingo tower and saw speeds that were 2x better!

Woohoo! It's backhaul day for the tower at 81 & Mingo. They had one east bound lane shut down at noon on 81st and were playing around cabling down near the street. I'm suspecting it's fiber optics, as they have a giant roll of orange cable down by the truck and another roll of black cabling which i would also imagine is fiber. Things are picking up quickly around here.

Also, i would like to add. The reason i knew to go look for which tower was being worked on was that 11:46 i had another "wild" speedtest. This had happened to me last week as well while there was tower work being done. Not saying the tests are accurate, but when it happens it's cool to watch. This is the second one i've documented :rolleyes:. Also got to see a Ferrari on my drive back from the tower, so it was a cool lunch break!

ostyrl.png

2nrzg34.jpg

5bcos8.jpg

11glmie.jpg

o0qyl1.jpg

2502g7s.jpg

• Like 2

OKC covers such a large area. It would be hard to keep on top of all of those sites. Also, because T-Mobile is doing its thing over there you might not have as many crews available for NV.

This week I checked out a few sites here in Midwest City since it was reported there was work out at the 40 240 junction but haven't seen anything yet. Going to check a few more tjis weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If you have been on the south side of Tulsa today you will notice, Sprint is unusable <500 ms ping and 6kbps-78kbps is what i average near my home. I had an hour window where i wanted to go check around. I found crews at 161 memorial on the tower, i found Ericsson at 134th st, i found 2 trucks at 81 mingo,1 truck at 51 & sheridan, new cabinets at 46th & memorial as well as 49th near Mingo. I also stumbled across a T-mobile crew near 51 & mingo as well. (bottom pic is of the T-mobile tower)

2q2lnrr.jpg

1hfton.jpg

2zqv9fo.jpg

24y8yo1.jpg

28m1ic4.jpg

• Like 1

yeah I got a ~670 ping at the mall with 0.1 Mbps down and 0.07 Mbps up. It's usually bad, but this is quite a bit worse than normal. Particularly the ping.

Glad to see some boots on the ground working their way through this area.

the 81st & mingo tower right now though.... It's gotta be off. I can't get a ping or anything on speediest. I'm about a block away from the tower.

EDIT: nope, just got a ping. 1127ms 0.01 down, 0.07 up. They're definitely up to something. I've never seen a ping this low. Even on Sprint in marginal coverage areas.

If it is like other Ericsson areas they are focused on 4g and do not touch the 3g legacy stuff until later.

For example I can go to one active site near me that is even 3g accepted. LTE works great but turn off LTE and EVDO/eHRPD is unusable and pages time out.

There might be some downtime on legacy if they have to move stuff around of course.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

yeah I got a ~670 ping at the mall with 0.1 Mbps down and 0.07 Mbps up. It's usually bad, but this is quite a bit worse than normal. Particularly the ping.

Glad to see some boots on the ground working their way through this area.

the 81st & mingo tower right now though.... It's gotta be off. I can't get a ping or anything on speediest. I'm about a block away from the tower.

EDIT: nope, just got a ping. 1127ms 0.01 down, 0.07 up. They're definitely up to something. I've never seen a ping this low. Even on Sprint in marginal coverage areas.

That tower has been acting horribly since yesterday afternoon.

I've been meaning to post a screenshot for awhile now, but I lost ehrpd at home and the speeds were crap. Looks like I got the good stuff back today.

That's a good ping time. They are most likely working in your area.

This site, located between 3001 & 3333 on Base is an interesting tower. One can walk right up to it and touch it, and I saw no impediment to climbing the ladder to the top. But most of the cables run into an old brick building labeled NEXTEL and the others into a smaller building so nothing to see on the ground. Don't think the antennas reveal anything do they?

I've noticed a lot of T-Mobile modernization work going on. It's interesting that T-Mobile Modernization and NV started at the same time. I wonder if Erricson has something to do with it.