Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

News ! Some of sites spread between Tulsa, Oklahoma city, will be integrated (getting 4G) in next two weeks. Sites are OK03SW132 OK03SW187 OK03SW042 OK03SW054 OK03SW041 OK03XC102 OK03SW011 OK03SW039 TU54XC301 TU03XC315.

OK03XC102 Only has one other site near it that has even been worked on in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that changes. Going to be a tease getting 4g for a mile or so on my way to work and then not have it when I get there.

OK03XC102 Only has one other site near it that has even been worked on in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that changes. Going to be a tease getting 4g for a mile or so on my way to work and then not have it when I get there.

I think that the SE 29th & Post tower would also only do me good on the way to and from work. Even though it's closer to me than the NE 23rd & Westminster tower it's all uphill to my house, plus wondering if the Carl Albert water tower is in the line of sight.

(Went to look at Google maps and the Carl Albert water tower probably doesn't shield the Sprint tower from my house after all, I'd be a bit north of any possible shielded area, but still curious how much area it does shield.)

The NE 23rd & Westminster tower is much taller and also sits on much higher ground so it's the one with a clear line of sight to my house. it also has the Verizon antennas that I can "see".

News ! OK03XC368 (35.40528, -97.54306)LTE has been integrated Today. Sent to Sprint for Acceptance and Approval.!! there are about 10-12 Sites around OKcity-Tulsa area Scheduled to be integrated in next couple of Weeks !

• Like 2

Hi!

There were coordinates posted, but how can I check where there will be LTE?

Do you guys know if Norman will be getting LTE?

If you become a sponsor you can search those site names in the interactive Arkansas/Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma site map to get their location.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

A 2nd LTE site has been accepted in Oklahoma, this one is in Bixby.

I went out there yesterday around 2:45 and didn't find any LTE. You might find it there now though.

I went out there yesterday around 2:45 and didn't find any LTE. You might find it there now though.

It't not broadcasting. I would bet they hold off a bit longer so they bring more online.

No, if they are ready it will go online and be the sole LTE site for many many miles.

Sent from my little Note2

guess that's better than waiting, fixed location performance should increase with each site that comes online correct? as the signal location approaches your physical location.

Sorry I can't seem to be able to reply to your comment Lynnard, I'm on a mobile browser.

How do I become a sponsor, how much does it cost?

There is a donate button on the front page of the forums. There is a suggested amount which I forget. I'm also on a mobile browser so I'll have to look it up when I get home.

Sorry I can't seem to be able to reply to your comment Lynnard, I'm on a mobile browser.

Here is what I found on donation amounts. (may be out of date, Robert may chime in)

In reality, we need approximately $10 to $15 from every donator to meet our expenses, at the rate we are receiving donations. So we need those $20 to $25 donors very much. They help offset the $1 donors. Although, I reject donations less than a dollar as they do not even cover the PayPal fees.

Donate whatever you are able. With as large as the site is, we really need about $20 per sponsor to keep the site running now. However, any donation helps!

Just drove past a full build in progress at 81st & Mingo, this tower is less than a mile from my home :).

Less than a mile from me too. About a block or two maybe even. Excited to see progress on that one. Hopefully be seeing some improved service soonish.....

...I can dream, right?

• Like 1

Less than a mile from me too. About a block or two maybe even. Excited to see progress on that one. Hopefully be seeing some improved service soonish.....

...I can dream, right?

My 3g has been fine the last week or so. I havent done too much speed testing but its worked well for streaming music and such. It still has a tough time streaming video and if its HD content forget about it.

My 3g has been fine the last week or so. I havent done too much speed testing but its worked well for streaming music and such. It still has a tough time streaming video and if its HD content forget about it.

i was going to post how it was better than at work and not unusable except for media, but then it took a solid minute for the reply to thread to load on tapatalk. So yeah, not really a fun experience. Still better than at work though. 800 Mhz is going to be needed to fix that though.

I'm moving to the Tulsa market soon from KC. I've been on LTE since I joined the smartphone world. The 3G service in Tulsa I found to be attrocious during my visits. I gather from this thread that LTE is rolling out, but even some of you don't seem upset with your 3G service. What gives? Do I need to tweak the setting on an iPhone 5 to get it play nice with a 3G network instead of LTE? Am I just that spoiled by living in KC?

At 91st & Mingo data was mostly miss and sometimes I was able to load some plain text emails. Voice was also quite laggy and cut out a few times, but no drops. Even at restaurants off 71st and outside the Spring store up there, data was ssssllloooowwww. Pulling up google maps for directions took 30-60 seconds.

In KC, I get LTE most everywhere (except Sprint campus area). It blows 3G away, but in the outskirts on 3G I can still stream music and look at media-rich websites. Call quality is always great and there is no noticeable lag, though I have had two dropped calls in 6 months.

Its better than many areas around the country especially after it improved significantly some time last year (tons of new T1s added to legacy sites).

Its starting to get slow again but for me as long as my music keeps streaming without skipping, I'm willing to live with it.

I'm moving to the Tulsa market soon from KC. I've been on LTE since I joined the smartphone world. The 3G service in Tulsa I found to be attrocious during my visits. I gather from this thread that LTE is rolling out, but even some of you don't seem upset with your 3G service. What gives?good voicegood Do I need to tweak the setting on an iPhone 5 to get it playnetwork nice with a 3G network instead of LTE? Am I just that spoiled by living in KC?

At 91st & Mingo data was mostly miss and sometimes I was able to load some plain text emails. Voice was also quite laggy and cut out a few times, but no drops. Even at restaurants off 71st and outside the Spring store up there, data was ssssllloooowwww. Pulling up google maps for directions took 30-60 seconds.

In KC, I get LTE most everywhere (except Sprint campus area). It blows 3G away, but in the outskirts on 3G I can still stream music and look at media-rich websites. Call quality is always great and there is no noticeable lag, though I have had two dropped calls in 6 months.

I used to suffer from very poor 3g service all over the city. But now it seems that for about the last 6 months or so, there has been a noticeable improvement in service. I can actually now go into a Google search directly from Google Now, and have results return without timing out like it normally did before. Of course this is in areas that had pretty decent existing voice coverage. However, along with LTE, I hope improvements will also come in overall coverage. I live in the SW part of the metro and there along 75 and coming in from downtown on 75 around the train yards, getting and holding any type of a signal can be difficult. (You know, now that I think about it, I wonder if the issue could be related to the train yard itself or the density of the commuters on that particular stretch of highway.)

Believer it or not, but Tulsa is a fairly dense city, especially in quite a few areas. I have relatives in the area that you mention, 91st & Mingo. It is dense and getting denser with neighborhood developments, new apartment complexes, hotels, as well as hospitals. So, it's not surprising you had trouble in that area.

From my limited knowledge I believe this can be alleviated to an extent by adding additional carriers. I hope the experts here will set me straight on this as well as the issue experienced along 75 heading into and out of DT Tulsa. Will any of NV help in these instances?

I used to suffer from very poor 3g service all over the city. But now it seems that for about the last 6 months or so, there has been a noticeable improvement in service. I can actually now go into a Google search directly from Google Now, and have results return without timing out like it normally did before. Of course this is in areas that had pretty decent existing voice coverage. However, along with LTE, I hope improvements will also come in overall coverage. I live in the SW part of the metro and there along 75 and coming in from downtown on 75 around the train yards, getting and holding any type of a signal can be difficult. (You know, now that I think about it, I wonder if the issue could be related to the train yard itself or the density of the commuters on that particular stretch of highway.)

Believer it or not, but Tulsa is a fairly dense city, especially in quite a few areas. I have relatives in the area that you mention, 91st & Mingo. It is dense and getting denser with neighborhood developments, new apartment complexes, hotels, as well as hospitals. So, it's not surprising you had trouble in that area.

From my limited knowledge I believe this can be alleviated to an extent by adding additional carriers. I hope the experts here will set me straight on this as well as the issue experienced along 75 heading into and out of DT Tulsa. Will any of NV help in these instances?

as far as NV goes, where you have service today, it will be improved greatly by NV. NV itself does not eliminate the deadspots that lie throughout the city. Theoretically those will still exist. However most likely with the deployment of CDMA 1x 800MHZ it should minimize any dead-zones as well as increase your in building signal. I think after our deployment is finished in T-Town (in city performance) should rival that of Verizon. There are many on here with more knowledge than i, hope they jump in here and say anything i missed.