Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

If you look at my posts you will see sevice has been horrible. After looking at some maps of the towers the tower spacing and number of towers for the area is significantly insufficient. Unless you live close to a tower or are using ur phone close to a tower expect degraded service. Especially west of Winkler. Hopefully once 800LTE is running it will be better, but im skeptical.

Sprint has told me there are no plans to build more towers in the area right now.

What are you using to see the towers in your area?

If you look at my posts you will see sevice has been horrible. After looking at some maps of the towers the tower spacing and number of towers for the area is significantly insufficient. Unless you live close to a tower or are using ur phone close to a tower expect degraded service. Especially west of Winkler. Hopefully once 800LTE is running it will be better, but im skeptical.

Sprint has told me there are no plans to build more towers in the area right now.

I have actually been getting sporadic 1X800 service. When I think to, I will get a screen shot and pass it along. I thought that 1X800 was only for voice, and Band 26/41 would be the additions for LTE as we move to Spark. But, I could be wrong.

What are you using to see the towers in your area?

I use the Sprint website. According to that, I sit almost exactly in between two towers, with a third off to my northwest. At my house I had to get an Airave because I couldn't send a text or place a call from my first floor. 

I have been told 1x 800 was only for voice also, and i definitely dont get good 3g data service so that seems to be true.

Not sure where abouts you live but being in between 2 towers in this area seems to be fring territory there is little to no overlap with the 1900 service.

I use the Sprint website. According to that, I sit almost exactly in between two towers, with a third off to my northwest. At my house I had to get an Airave because I couldn't send a text or place a call from my first floor. 

Don't rely on those maps for your information..They're about as accurate as the sprint coverage maps are.  If you can throw out a few bucks ( we try and recommend at least 15 to make a benefit towards the forum), you can have access to maps that will show you every single site in your city, whether or not its been upgraded, if it has been upgraded then what status it is at..and a lot more. It's worth the few dollars.

It is very suspicious that where those maps dont show towers i dont get a signal. I think it is safe to say judging by the coverage in the area sprint has not put up many new towers, if any at all.

My phone tells me the status of the towers and right now most are 3g and at capacity in ft myers.

Curious where you came up with this $15 amt.

It is very suspicious that where those maps dont show towers i dont get a signal. I think it is safe to say judging by the coverage in the area sprint has not put up many new towers, if any at all.

My phone tells me the status of the towers and right now most are 3g and at capacity in ft myers.

Curious where you came up with this $15 amt.

This forum is run on donations only. $15 is a suggested amount. Not set in stone. If you donate, you get access to sponsor maps which show you site locations, status, etc...What area specifically are you in.

I was wandering what you meant by this are you talking about the network.sprint.com site or something else? The capacity comment is what most confuses me. That site does not show sites that have not been upgraded in the last couple months so not all the towers are on that page.

The reason he ask where you were is because he was looking at where they haven't upgraded or if you were on the edge of town. I will be in Fort Myers Thursday I believe cypress lake(south of town) area. I have the sponsor prl loaded so I will be on the look out for 1x800 when I go there. I don't see anything wrong with the site density looking at the map but I don't know much about that and it's been a while since I have been in Fort Myers to know population density changes.

I mean that my phone tells me what serivce is available. It's pretty easy to figure out where a tower is and if im getting lte or something else from it. The capacity comment means the towers arent able to keep up with the ppl using them and they were broadcasting at 3g only.

By cross referencing sprint and sensorly and other sites it is easy to see where updated towers are. If a tower isnt upgraded it doesnt do us much good, but at 90% acceptance there cant be too many of those out there.

Try SignalCheck Pro and see if you're getting band 26 LTE in Fort Myers.

Ericsson is moving very quickly on this and they might be starting work on this in your neighborhood.

That said, I can understand the sentiment that Sprint may have to increase the site density in Fort Myers.

Have it, used it, doesnt matter when sites are only putting out 3g. As i and others mentioned the lte is off on a number of sites, perhaps when it is turned on it will have the 800 lte. Good to hear that theyre working quickly.

I will be in Fort Myers Thursday I believe cypress lake(south of town) area. I have the sponsor prl loaded so I will be on the look out for 1x800 when I go there. I don't see anything wrong with the site density looking at the map but I don't know much about that and it's been a while since I have been in Fort Myers to know population density changes.

I will be interested to hear what you find regarding 1x800. Thx.

I consider cypress lake to be ft myers, pretty much everyone does. The entire area from summerlin upv41 to the bridge is consisdered ft myers. The north part by the bridge is the "downtown" area.

Stop at the tilted kilt while youre there. Good views ;)

I consider cypress lake to be ft myers, pretty much everyone does. The entire area from summerlin upv41 to the bridge is consisdered ft myers. The north part by the bridge is the "downtown" area.

Stop at the tilted kilt while youre there. Good views ;)

Cypress lake does have only a couple of towers, but they have all been upgraded to LTE.

Try disabling Band 26 and see what happens. I'm betting they haven't turned off LTE, but rather have turned on Band 26. Since Ericsson likes to turned things on without CSFB in place, you're getting kicked back to 3G.

Sent from my Nexus 5

1x800 has been everywhere I have been in Florida surprisingly hopefully that means a lot of band 26 everywhere.

I stayed connected to both band 25 lte and 1x800 coming from the east on 80 then south down i-75 to Naples, Fl. LTE was sluggish the whole way down i-75 but still usable. Its still only 6 down 1 up in naples at 10 pm so it might be backhaul issues or some issue with the 4g cores. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjg6ukwdmtvzl4i/AAAX1OidhsPYuMyNymxKlU06a

Idk man i cylced air plane mode and still didnt get anything... the two towers along mcgregor work but only for a mile max in any direction.

If Band 26 is causing CSFB problems, cycling airplane mode isn't going to fix anything. 

Again, try disabling Band 26 and see what happens. 

post-3601-0-83324900-1404392143_thumb.jpg

If Band 26 is causing CSFB problems, cycling airplane mode isn't going to fix anything. 

Again, try disabling Band 26 and see what happens. 

How does one disable a specific band on the Galaxy S5?

Also, here is a screenshot of 1X800. I get it sporadically here at work. Will keep my eyes open elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

I live on the around the north side of Sarasota and the coverage seems a bit questionable. Whenever I look around where I live on the NV map there seems to be a huge hole where there are no towers. Can anyone tell if sprint can solve this in some way?

I live on the around the north side of Sarasota and the coverage seems a bit questionable. Whenever I look around where I live on the NV map there seems to be a huge hole where there are no towers. Can anyone tell if sprint can solve this in some way?

Once 1x800 and LTE 800 launches in the area, that should help. If not, unfortunately, you'll need to wait until Sprint decides to add additional sites to the area or seeking another provider may be the best solution.

Edit: Merged Topic to SW FL thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought I would update you guys. Service still sucks. I'm on the lg g2 and I rarely get LTE around fort myers. Was sitting at Daniels and 41 today and had 3g but the network was so overburdened there was no thruput. At 6 mile cypress and 41 there is LTE but it only lasts for 3 or 4 blocks... Very little coverage. Forget about service around the beach. I'd be surprised if they have more than 10% market share.

The thing is this is really a market they ought to want to be great in due to all the people who come here from all over the country. Very hard to believe they're 90% complete here. If every market was like this at 90% sprint would have a hard time growing customers.

I thought I would update you guys. Service still sucks. I'm on the lg g2 and I rarely get LTE around fort myers. Was sitting at Daniels and 41 today and had 3g but the network was so overburdened there was no thruput. At 6 mile cypress and 41 there is LTE but it only lasts for 3 or 4 blocks... Very little coverage. Forget about service around the beach. I'd be surprised if they have more than 10% market share.

The thing is this is really a market they ought to want to be great in due to all the people who come here from all over the country. Very hard to believe they're 90% complete here. If every market was like this at 90% sprint would have a hard time growing customers.

I have noticed this as well in areas throughout the city. Places where I was receiving LTE earlier in the spring are now getting 3g. However, I have noticed that I am now getting sporadic LTE on the second floor of my house, which sometimes kicks me off of my Airave. Hopefully Band 26 will be coming soon. Have seen really good speeds in Charlotte county with it.

I have noticed this as well in areas throughout the city. Places where I was receiving LTE earlier in the spring are now getting 3g. However, I have noticed that I am now getting sporadic LTE on the second floor of my house, which sometimes kicks me off of my Airave. Hopefully Band 26 will be coming soon. Have seen really good speeds in Charlotte county with it.

All of this sound like CSFB issues.