Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Exciting day!! I walked by the tower at work today and look what magically appeared! RRU's!!! I never actually got to see the crew so I don't know if they were installed over the weekend, or really quickly this morning. Either way, I'm super stoked to see some progress. Looks like this is gonna be a GMO site after all. It is a pretty crowded tower with all 4 major carriers on it.

A GMO site would have only 3 RRUs, maybe 6. One or two per sector. Since this site has 4 RRUs per sector, it appears to be a full build site, with RRUs on the ground, perhaps due to tower limitations as you mentioned. As there are 4 RRUs, that means 800 SMR will be coming, and that does require new panels. It's just a matter of getting them installed.

If you could get a shot of the tower, we might be able to tell if the new panels are up there now or not.

Thanks!

I can confirm NV panels were not up today. I know pretty much what they look like, and if you look closely at the picture I snapped today, the RRU's are not hooked up to anything. Here's a picture of the tower either way.

null_zps78ae38cd.jpg

• Like 1

I can confirm NV panels were not up today. I know pretty much what they look like, and if you look closely at the picture I snapped today, the RRU's are not hooked up to anything. Here's a picture of the tower either way.

I'm pretty certain this is a full build site with ground mount RRU's. They are not all that uncommon. Rickie has found some in the Kansas market. Most sites like this will have to be hot swapped, because weight limitation was the most likely culprit why it had to have ground mount RRU's. They may even have to remove and add each panel individually, swap one for one.

Where is this one located?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Would a site like this get all the nv goodies without the ruu being mounted on the back of the panels? Also did the crew install new panels or used the old ones?

A full build site with ground mount units is exactly the same as a normal full build site except for the mount location of the RRU's. Everything else is the same. The site would still get new panels and CDMA 800 service. This is very different from a GMO site.

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain this is a full build site with ground mount RRU's. They are not all that uncommon. Rickie has found some in the Kansas market. Most sites like this will have to be hot swapped, because weight limitation was the most likely culprit why it had to have ground mount RRU's. They may even have to remove and add each panel individually, swap one for one.

Where is this one located?

This is in Bradenton, on the corner of 14th St. and Orlando Ave. behind the donut shop.

This is in Bradenton, on the corner of 14th St. and Orlando Ave. behind the donut shop.

In looking at the Google Maps street view of this site, it looks like an at capacity monopole. And if AT&T and Verizon have already done their upgrades here, there probably is no more additional weight allowed and still meet hurricane wind loads. It makes perfect sense why this would be a full build site with Ground Mount RRU's. Good find! Thanks. :thx:

Robert

In looking at the Google Maps street view of this site, it looks like an at capacity monopole. And if AT&T and Verizon have already done their upgrades here, there probably is no more additional weight allowed and still meet hurricane wind loads. It makes perfect sense why this would be a full build site with Ground Mount RRU's. Good find! Thanks. :thx:

Robert

AT&T has definitely done their upgrades at this site. If you look closely you can see their classic setup of one RRU per sector on the second rack from the bottom. I have never been able to find out what Verizon's LTE equipment looks like so I really couldn't tell you. I think at this particular site Verizon is on the top rack.

No work that I saw being done today, but it is a rainy, windy day here.

I'm getting LTE on Six Mile Cypress next to Hammond Stadium. Wasn't getting it here earlier today so they must have just turned it on in the last hour or so.

I was getting it all the way down Gladiolus until just east of the Summerlin intersection.

Edited by Blue24
  • Like 1

I'm getting LTE on Six Mile Cypress next to Hammond Stadium. Wasn't getting it here earlier today so they must have just turned it on in the last hour or so.

I was getting it all the way down Gladiolus until just east of the Summerlin intersection.

Now, go find a friend with Android so they can map it to Sensorly! :P

I was frustrated to get my SW Florida acceptance report and the attachment is corrupted. I'm hoping my source can resend it today!

• Like 3

The tower at 75 and corkscrew at the Shell station is getting work done today. I stopped in talk to the guy and he didn't speak much English but I did get sprint out of him so it must be nv progress

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The one on 75 just south of the I-75 and 275 junction on the east side of the freeway (just north of Ellenton) was upgraded a while back and will hopefully fire up soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

75 and corkscrew in Estero had the panels installed today. There are still ropes hanging from the rack so they must not be done yet. Can't wait for it to go live. They sure worked fast. Only saw them there for 2 days

75 & fruitville Sarasota....finally

I don't see anything in that pic....what do you see that I don't? Once there are crews on the ground, how long until lte lights up??