Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Anyone see any smr 800, yet?  no dice here.

Not yet, but I am keeping a sharp eye out for it.  If you guys drive around town a lot, download my app and turn on the 800mhz notification.  This way you'll know if you drive through it and dont look at your phone. 

You could get the one in my sig or PM Dan (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/user/17526-danialgoodwin/) and he can get you into the limited beta for the upcoming version.

• Like 1

Not yet, but I am keeping a sharp eye out for it. If you guys drive around town a lot, download my app and turn on the 800mhz notification. This way you'll know if you drive through it and dont look at your phone.

You could get the one in my sig or PM Dan (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/user/17526-danialgoodwin/) and he can get you into the limited beta for the upcoming version.

I have signal check pro installed. I've also downloaded Digiblur's 501 prl that gives 800mhz higher priority for voice. Hopefully I can find some signals broadcasting out there somewhere.

I have signal check pro installed. I've also downloaded Digiblur's 501 prl that gives 800mhz higher priority for voice. Hopefully I can find some signals broadcasting out there somewhere.

I'm on his old 33010 PRL.  Guess I need to update lol. 

Not only that, but LTE 800 will start rolling out I bet in Jacksonville by the end of the year. :P

Gosh I hope so.  Coverage isn't bad here by any means (expect Town Center), but I'm looking forward to having great coverage with that upgrade.  Not to mention it'll be nice to be on a band that not everyone is using. 

• Like 1

Yea the EVO is a good device but after almost 16 months with it and seeing how bad the rf performance is has me itching for something new and with triband

Can't wait to upgrade from this EVO to a tri band device to start hunting for 2.6ghz.

• Like 1

Yea the EVO is a good device but after almost 16 months with it and seeing how bad the rf performance is has me itching for something new and with triband

I love my EVO but the reception issues are killing me. Also from reading around various sites about the HTC one doesn't seem like that device is any better.

I actually haven't noticed any RF issues with my Evo. Seems to be just as good as my former Evo 3D and significantly better than my old Epic.

It's not as good as other devices with connecting and holding LTE signal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Those are peon performers. Put it agsinst a galaxy s4 or note 2 and you will see what we mean. Heck even the LG viper is better at keeping a LTE signal

I actually haven't noticed any RF issues with my Evo. Seems to be just as good as my former Evo 3D and significantly better than my old Epic.

I love my EVO! 5-speed....AWD....X amount pounds of boost...what?? 

Oh....phones...

I think there's some TD-LTE panels that were just put up at the tower behind my house. Can't get a good view/picture since its pretty high up there, can only see when I'm going down the road at a distance.

Oh....phones...

I think there's some TD-LTE panels that were just put up at the tower behind my house. Can't get a good view/picture since its pretty high up there, can only see when I'm going down the road at a distance.

I've never missed traditional cameras until I tried taking pictures of Sprint sites.  Digital zoom will just never cut it...

You never I've never missed traditional cameras until I tried taking pictures of Sprint sites.  Digital zoom will just never cut it...

Ha! I thought I was the only one...I was looking up thinking...man...I really miss my Nikon

Oh....phones...

I just got rid of my Evo VIII, she's a beast.

I'm getting LTE on Beach Blvd from the beach to about Kernan now from the completed tower near Beach and Hodges. The tower at Beach and Kernan shows "in progress" on the NV sites complete map, so we should have that area covered soon.

Still no signs of activity (from the S4GRU maps) along Atlantic, JTB, or the Town Center/UNF area. There are about 6-8 towers in those areas that still need to be done, from what I can tell from looking at the map of all Sprint towers in that area. The NV sites complete map shows that there are only 4 towers in the immediate Jacksonville area that are currently in progress, so it could still be a while. 

I'm getting LTE on Beach Blvd from the beach to about Kernan now from the completed tower near Beach and Hodges. The tower at Beach and Kernan shows "in progress" on the NV sites complete map, so we should have that area covered soon.

Still no signs of activity (from the S4GRU maps) along Atlantic, JTB, or the Town Center/UNF area. There are about 6-8 towers in those areas that still need to be done, from what I can tell from looking at the map of all Sprint towers in that area. The NV sites complete map shows that there are only 4 towers in the immediate Jacksonville area that are currently in progress, so it could still be a while. 

I'm noticing that I am roaming off an on near UNF today.  Perhaps, there might be some work going on in the immediate area....  Or this severely overloaded area just got pushed over the top lol. 

• Like 1

If no one has turned in pictures of the sites in progress then they will never be marked on the map as such and will just pop up one day as accepted.

If no one has turned in pictures of the sites in progress then they will never be marked on the map as such and will just pop up one day as accepted.

That is encouraging to hear, so there might be more going on than what the map is reporting. I haven't seen any of the towers in the area being worked on, but I'll keep an eye out.

I noticed here in St Augustine I would roam for a couple of days off and on right before a tower got upgraded. Hopefully that means the Town Center area will be up soon. That's usually where my wife and I end up whenever we take a trip up to Jacksonville, so it will be a welcomed upgrade. St Augustine just has a couple of towers left that need to be upgraded. I think the most needed is the one right on the downtown historic district. After that, I just want to see some band 26 love.

I noticed here in St Augustine I would roam for a couple of days off and on right before a tower got upgraded. Hopefully that means the Town Center area will be up soon. That's usually where my wife and I end up whenever we take a trip up to Jacksonville, so it will be a welcomed upgrade. St Augustine just has a couple of towers left that need to be upgraded. I think the most needed is the one right on the downtown historic district. After that, I just want to see some band 26 love.

Without me reading the 50 pages of this forum, how is LTE up in St. Augustine / JAX? I travel up there about once a month for work, but with out an LTE phone I haven't had a chance to test.

Its ok. Still spotty especially st augustine. Jax is much better though

Without me reading the 50 pages of this forum, how is LTE up in St. Augustine / JAX? I travel up there about once a month for work, but with out an LTE phone I haven't had a chance to test.

• Like 1