Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

That's what I originally thought about the EVO. Now, after holding the Note II, my EVO isn't big enough. I have larger than average sized hands, but a 6.3" phone may be a bit too big for me. Only time will tell. After getting used to the Note II (once I actually have it), 6.3" may not be too much of a leap.

My Nexus 4 feels Hero sized when I go back to it after using the Note.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

A lot is going to depend on the size of the bezel. If it has an edge to edge screen, it wouldn't be bad, but it might not work for me... I need a little bezel to hold on to with my paws.

An edge to edge screen would be great. If it has that, I may consider it.

My Nexus 4 feels Hero sized when I go back to it after using the Note.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I know what you mean. Before the EVO, I had a Samsung Instinct. One day, I picked it up to check something on it, and it just felt puny by comparison.

Any bigger and it would take two hands to work this thing. No thanks.

I heard that every future Galaxy Note model is going to come with one of these:

5949hand_exercise_grip.jpg

AJ

• Like 6

I heard that every future Galaxy Note model is going to come with one of these:

5949hand_exercise_grip.jpg

AJ

My gym at work has a pair of those. Didn't know that was what they were for! :D

Any bigger and it would take two hands to work this thing. No thanks.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I like the Note II the size it is. After using it in 2 stores, I would never use a device bigger than that as a phone. Anything bigger is a tablet and should only be used for such. Samsung is going hog wild over massive screen size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

OK, I decided to bite the bullet and get my Note 2, surprisingly my early upgrade will only cost $50. I had to call Sprint CS (11am local time) to accept and approve it so that it would be shown in the store computers so I could walk in and buy it. They informed me it would take a few hours to hit the system so I figured I would stop in late in the afternoon and pick it up. Sadly, all sprint activation servers have been down for all Sprint stores in the County of San Diego since approximately 2pm. I called 56 stores over the last 2 hours hoping the outage was temporary or at least localized. I even call Sprints main line and the outage is more widespread (Not just SoCal) than I even thought and nobody is back up as of now (7:37pm/local).

Alas, I hope the servers are back up so I can pick it up in the morning! I was on the fence for awhile, given all of the not yet released 800mhz capable devices, but then figured that it won't matter since I buy a new phone every 6 months and probably have a collection of old phones to rival Robert's collection at this point. If anyone here's anything before I do, please let me know and I will run to a store right away

Yes, just about all Sprint phones do this. It's an easy fix though with flashing a ROM. Mine shows 1X just fine now ;)

Which rom are you running? I started digging around in the framework res and systemui the other day.... im assuming it's a png swap?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Which rom are you running? I started digging around in the framework res and systemui the other day.... im assuming it's a png swap?

Nope. Easier than that. At first I started editing the Smali code and the 500 if statements the lessthan3gees was referenced in until I back tracked and found where it was set at. Look in the boolean xml and flip it. Recompile, push it via adb, then smile.

Running my own Rom. Lean, clean, no stupid high school kiddie themes bolted on, no 82 toggles added to the status bar, etc.

• Like 1

Nope. Easier than that. At first I started editing the Smali code and the 500 if statements the lessthan3gees was referenced in until I back tracked and found where it was set at. Look in the boolean xml and flip it. Recompile, push it via adb, then smile.

Running my own Rom. Lean, clean, no stupid high school kiddie themes bolted on, no 82 toggles added to the status bar, etc.

Oh my I shall be doing that tonight then. Im not a fan of the themed roms out there....im actually digging the stock look. When you edit it does the 1x display the orange and green like 3g/4g?

Oh my I shall be doing that tonight then. Im not a fan of the themed roms out there....im actually digging the stock look. When you edit it does the 1x display the orange and green like 3g/4g?

Yes, I do believe it shows the same arrows. Digging through the WiFi code back tracking why the arrows won't blink. I have them showing up now but not blinking.

There is some settings about showing numbers on the signal but changing those booleans does nothing. Probably due to how the if statements branches in the status bar policy code. They do some crazy stupid stuff in there!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered an otterbox last week. Found it for 50. Looked at tons of cases and just didn't like a few various things about them. So I broke down and bought the otterbox after seeing my brother in laws cracked note 2.

I am glad I got this thing! Love the grip to the phone. Not scared I could drop and break the phone. I can still use one hand to operate the entire screen with ease. Fits in the pocket just fine. The jeans I just bought were 31's(6 months ago I was in 36's), have no idea why people say it wont fit in their pocket.

• Like 1

Ordered an otterbox last week. Found it for 50. Looked at tons of cases and just didn't like a few various things about them. So I broke down and bought the otterbox after seeing my brother in laws cracked note 2.

I am glad I got this thing! Love the grip to the phone. Not scared I could drop and break the phone. I can still use one hand to operate the entire screen with ease. Fits in the pocket just fine. The jeans I just bought were 31's(6 months ago I was in 36's), have no idea why people say it wont fit in their pocket.

Obviously you've never worn girl jeans. Err- or had a girlfriend. Even the iPhone has trouble fitting in some of those.
  • Like 1

Nope, just a wife to drive me around NV hunting.

Coming soon to theaters...the sequel...

"Driving Miss digiblur"

AJ

• Like 5

Just got home from shopping to find a little box waiting for me with a big phone inside of it! Glad I held out for the titanium gray, even though it did take two orders and almost three weeks to get it. This thing is beautiful! Now to charge, activate, and play around a bit! :D

• Like 2

TIL that attempting to flash Galaxy S III to the Note II... tends to fail and make things not work. Next time, pay attention!

I also learned that Samsung's Download Mode is amazing. Just loaded that up and wham! Back to stock.

Also, that having a Samsung USB Jig is super handy. Phone wouldn't go back in to Download Mode without it...

TIL that attempting to flash Galaxy S III to the Note II... tends to fail and make things not work. Next time, pay attention!

I also learned that Samsung's Download Mode is amazing. Just loaded that up and wham! Back to stock.

Also, that having a Samsung USB Jig is super handy. Phone wouldn't go back in to Download Mode without it...

You have to work to brick a Samsung phone :)

• Like 1