Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Get an otterbox on it and the rubber on it makes it look bigger.

Hahahah... On another note. I have the latest leak on my phone and have PRL Write now. Been digging through code on the phone and finding interesting things. First task is to change ## debug and ##data to #1 and #2 with no sprint code or msl code required.

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

How you like the Otterbox? I have a cheap 2 piece snap together made in China EBay special on mine.

I'm bear back right now... $59.99 for a case? maybe if it came with its own insurance or something. I will probably end up getting a cheap case too. I looked at the Seido cases but the kickstand on the back at the bottom next to the lower antenna? Hmm...I don't need that in my market. Unless of course it helps ;)

Too bad I can't mess with this option:

mFeatureList.put("ims_volte", Boolean.valueOf(CscFeature.getInstance().getEnableStatus("CscFeature_IMS_EnableVoLTE")));

First 24 hours with it : "oh my it's so big... I don't know if it right"

Second 24 hours: " oh my it's so big.... And so right!"

Yeah, I played with a display model 2-3 weeks back. Had to have one after that. I remember when my EVO was the biggest phone around. Now it's the norm. Wonder if the same will happen with 5+" displays?

I'm bear back right now... $59.99 for a case? maybe if it came with its own insurance or something. I will probably end up getting a cheap case too. I looked at the Seido cases but the kickstand on the back at the bottom next to the lower antenna? Hmm...I don't need that in my market. Unless of course it helps ;)

Never been one for cases myself...always preferred the form of the phone over the bulk of a case. May reconsider this time around, though. Not sure the Note 2 will be able to live up to the abuse my EVO has over the past couple years.

Never been one for cases myself...always preferred the form of the phone over the bulk of a case. May reconsider this time around, though. Not sure the Note 2 will be able to live up to the abuse my EVO has over the past couple years.

The paint on the exterior back of the phone, at least on the white galaxy 3, is prone to tiny little hair line cracks if it has direct impact with things like keys. It's a flaw in the paint and barely noticeable except in the right lighting, but aggravating none the less

Success.... patched the new version of the menu to not check for Sprint to display PRL Write or not. And while I was there I took out the stupid 777468 to get to debug. Hmmm.....the ideas are now flowing!

Sounds like somebody needs to post some APKs ;)
  • Like 1

The paint on the exterior back of the phone, at least on the white galaxy 3, is prone to tiny little hair line cracks if it has direct impact with things like keys. It's a flaw in the paint and barely noticeable except in the right lighting, but aggravating none the less

Yeah, I saw that happen with a friend's white GS3. It's one of the reasons I'm going with titanium gray for the Note 2. That, and I'm not a huge fan of white phones.

Anyone know why on the Wi-Fi connection, you don't get the data send and receive arrows below the Wi-Fi icon? That's the only gripe i have about the Note II.

Never noticed it until you said something. I guess I never looked at them since it always works for me. 3G arrows...um..yeah I look at them ALL the time wondering why nothing is happening. ;)

Never noticed it until you said something. I guess I never looked at them since it always works for me. 3G arrows...um..yeah I look at them ALL the time wondering why nothing is happening. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of 3g.... Does 3g show for 1x on the note like it did on the Evo LTE so no matter what if it's 3g or 1x it'll always show 3g?

Speaking of 3g.... Does 3g show for 1x on the note like it did on the Evo LTE so no matter what if it's 3g or 1x it'll always show 3g?

It would seem so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Yes, just about all Sprint phones do this. It's an easy fix though with flashing a ROM. Mine shows 1X just fine now ;)

Think thats a samsung thing ...

Hmm... I can see the arrows now but they aren't blinking. Will have to dig into the code that this boolean drives. Maybe the PNGs aren't there.

<bool name="config_hideWifiInAndOut">false</bool>

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

Playing with a few more switches:

<bool name="config_statusBarShowNumber">true</bool>

<bool name="config_showPhoneRSSIForData">true</bool>

Sad news: Just got off the phone with UPS. My package was damaged in transit, so Best Buy has to resend my Note II. Looks like no new toy for me to play with this weekend. :(

The silver lining is that I still have WiMax for a few more days...yay.

"You're going to need a bigger boat..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

Galaxy Note 2 owners, your handsets are soon to look relatively puny:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57558958-94/galaxy-note-3-with-6.3-inch-display-reportedly-in-the-works/

AJ

"You're going to need a bigger boat..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

Galaxy Note 2 owners, your handsets are soon to look relatively puny:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57558958-94/galaxy-note-3-with-6.3-inch-display-reportedly-in-the-works/

AJ

In using my Note 2, I've never thought...'if it this thing was even bigger it would be awesome.'

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

In using my Note 2, I've never thought...'if it this thing was even bigger it would be awesome.'

But that, apparently, is what Samsung is thinking. At this rate, the Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab converge into one device within the next 18 months.

AJ

• Like 2

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That's what I originally thought about the EVO. Now, after holding the Note II, my EVO isn't big enough. I have larger than average sized hands, but a 6.3" phone may be a bit too big for me. Only time will tell. After getting used to the Note II (once I actually have it), 6.3" may not be too much of a leap.