Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

You would just buy it outright?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

If i didn't have an upgrade available, yes I would. But odds are I'll have an upgrade available. Again, this is only if it comes to sprint. Otherwise, im not going to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...

With the date getting so close for the device to be announced, I wonder if the carriers already bid on obtaining the device or is that done after an announcement. If it is before and Sprint is one of the ones getting the Note 2, then it probably is in the testing phase.

Either way, i think I am going to try to limit myself from getting my hopes up. But the curiosity of what the new Note will look like or its internals is killing me.

TS

I am ready to Drop my iPhone for an Android again. The Note might be that phone, if it comes for sprint. Not sure how I feel about a 5.5in phone, but I have been kinda disappointed in other android phones, especially the Q. I thought it would be an upgrade to the Droid 4 or Droid Razr Maxx, instead of a Driod 4 clone.

Might the Note 2 have a flexible screen?

Yes, it does. The flexible screen looks like this:

20120705_161150.jpg

AJ

• Like 4

20120705_161150.jpg

AJ

Naw, that device clearly says HTC under the shattered screen and cracked everything ;)

20120705_161150.jpg

AJ

As you can clearly see, the galaxy note 2's screen could no way be as advance as the screen on the evo lte. I mean look at it, that is pure innovation. LOL

• Like 2

I think the EVO LTE screen in question met with some of the "enhanced backhaul" that we have been discussing in another thread

AJ

• Like 1

My wife and I's contract with sprint ended this month. She wants the s3 and I am waiting for the Note 2. Living in Phoenix it would be nice to be able to get both of them by years end and maybe early next year get the LTE to go with it.. certainly would be nice. We can only hope. Im wondering when Sprint NV gets all completed how there going to stay unlimited? Im sure it will change.

My wife and I's contract with sprint ended this month. She wants the s3 and I am waiting for the Note 2. Living in Phoenix it would be nice to be able to get both of them by years end and maybe early next year get the LTE to go with it.. certainly would be nice. We can only hope. Im wondering when Sprint NV gets all completed how there going to stay unlimited? Im sure it will change.

I don't see unlimited ending anytime soon. It will just be for smartphone consumption though. The days of unauthorized tethering and people consuming 40GB+ per month are just about over though. The new network controls easily allow Sprint to identify unauthorized tethering and abuses and shut them down or throttle them.

Authorized tethering will still be allowed. However, tethering is subject to data caps. I think its 5GB per month. That will help protect the network and allow unlimited to last much longer into the future.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Any thoughts from anyone whether Sprint will get this phone.? Its announcement from Samsung this month on the 29th will unvail it.

Personally I think the note will be available on all the major networks. Initially, I think the galaxy note 1 was released on one carrier to see how well it was going to sell. I think most assume that no one would really go for a phone that was so large but overall sales spoke for themselves.

• Like 1

This info makes me really happy. I always hated hearing people talk about tethering 50gb a month. I always felt those people would be the end of unlimited data. I'm glad to hear sprint will be taking back control and keeping it unlimited. Thanks for your insight Robert :)

I don't see unlimited ending anytime soon. It will just be for smartphone consumption though. The days of unauthorized tethering and people consuming 40GB+ per month are just about over though. The new network controls easily allow Sprint to identify unauthorized tethering and abuses and shut them down or throttle them.

Authorized tethering will still be allowed. However, tethering is subject to data caps. I think its 5GB per month. That will help protect the network and allow unlimited to last much longer into the future.

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

Personally I think the note will be available on all the major networks. Initially' date=' I think the galaxy note 1 was released on one carrier to see how well it was going to sell. I think most assume that no one would really go for a phone that was so large but overall sales spoke for themselves.[/quote']

And by releasing the note 1 on at&t only, Samsung didn't have to do much to the existing international version. Add a LTE radio is about it...

Sent with AOSP JB Toro on Forum Runner

• Like 1

With desktop mode on keylime pie, tethering and traditional desktop computers may become a thing of the past. I see windows 8 killing Microsoft and desktop capabilities in android (if done right) rising to a sizable slice of the desktop market.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Any thoughts from anyone whether Sprint will get this phone.? Its announcement from Samsung this month on the 29th will unvail it.

In the How a Sprint Phone is born thread, the link takes you to the phonescoop article. In that article they showcase a Sprint roadmap shown in this re-post. You clearly see that for the 1st half of 2013 there is a device for a 5.5 inch display, there is no othe 5.5" display talk of late other than the Note 2. Then you notice for the 2nd half of 2013 that it states "Phablet" limits/TBD (to be determined) that to me indicates the third generation Note (which coincides with the 3rd year anniversary).

So if that road map is true then Sprint will get the Note, but it looks like no sooner than Jan 2013. I myself was hoping it would be sooner like Oct/Dec.

TS

• Like 2

These roadmaps and such make my buying decision that much more difficult. Sure I could get the SG3 now for upgrade price but then I'll end up coughing up a whooping $600. to get the Note 2 at full price if Sprint really does get it.

Hopefully we'll know more from the Unpack Event. The roadmap does look promising but 2013 seems so far away in new phone yrs.

• Like 1

http://phandroid.com...-the-real-deal/

Hope its legit, if it is then I like it.

I'd prefer no physical home button, but that is my next mobile device :) Drool, Jelly Bean (CM10) on that huge screen, freaking awesome. Plus Sprint NV around the same time in my area, freaking geeked

S-Pen is one of the worst names ever for a tech accessory. I immediately think of the South Park episode, "Asspen."

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e03-asspen

AJ

I'd prefer no physical home button, but that is my next mobile device :) Drool, Jelly Bean (CM10) on that huge screen, freaking awesome. Plus Sprint NV around the same time in my area, freaking geeked

Well I knew it was too good to be true, its just a fan made creation.

http://www.androidcentral.com/not-samsung-galaxy-note-2