Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

dsc01563.jpg

The problem is the Note 2 makes that guy look like he has small hands. And you know what they say about hand size...

;)

AJ

As somebody with big hands I can't wait!

My little Galaxy S1 with the 4 in screen, I get mis-types all the time due to the small keys on the touch keys. Its much easier to type on the wife's S2 with the bigger screen. This lovely 5.5 inch screen with Swiftkey will be awesome!

Glad I held off on the S3 until the fall crop of phones came out.

The problem is the Note 2 makes that guy look like he has small hands. And you know what they say about hand size...

;)

AJ

that they have big feet? Gravity is such a bitch. :P

But i must admit, when I first saw that pic, first thing across my mind was wow the Note looks huge in that hand. Then realized it must be the hand. lol

TS

I am really wanting the Note 2 but we don't have LTE here yet. What options do you have on Sprint if you still have your old phone and want to go back to using it on WIMAX? I could see my breaking down buying a Note 2 and want to switch back and forth a couple times before LTE shows up if I have a need for decent speed for a few days.

Looks like you can switch phones using the web anytime you want without a fee. I really thought there would be a activation fee of maybe $30 each time. I should have looked more before I posted.

Looks like you can switch phones using the web anytime you want without a fee. I really thought there would be a activation fee of maybe 30 each time. I should have looked more before I posted.

I have 9 WiMax and LTE devices. I switch them out all the time.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I think I can swing $650. I even have someone willing to give me their upgrade if I give them my GS3. I might be willing to do that.

You would trade off your Galaxy S3??? Have you cleared this with the curator of the Robert M. Herron Museum of Modern Cellphones?

AJ

• Like 2

You would trade off your Galaxy S3??? Have you cleared this with the curator of the Robert M. Herron Museum of Modern Cellphones?

AJ

I don't want to. I want them all!!! I'm also kind of concerned that maybe the Note 2 won't be as good of a radio performer.

But if I couldn't swing the full price, I might be willing to do the trade.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I don't want to. I want them all!!! I'm also kind of concerned that maybe the Note 2 won't be as good of a radio performer.

But if I couldn't swing the full price, I might be willing to do the trade.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

What I usually do is create an RSS feed on eBay for a new device I want. I scan the buy-it-now options and wait until some ding dong decides they want a "quick sale" and list a buy-it-now for an usually low price.

Since getting LTE in Boston and seeing my EVO perform, well, poorly, I just picked up a brand new factory sealed mopho Q for 320 shipped. I am eager to test out a physical keyboard again, as well.

One week after note II comes out, I bet you will be able to buy-it-now for ~400 shipped :)

You can count on me buying a Note II off eBay for about 300-350 and selling my old phone for ~300. After fees, it's about a 75 dollar upgrade.

• Like 4

So I stopped by Best Buy today to see how a note fits in my hand. I can reach the whole screen except an area the size of a nickel in the top right corner (using my left hand) without having to stretch it. More worried about my pocket. Might have to go back to a holster.

Can't wait.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

AT&T LTE is showing up here in Detroit now. Sprint better get moving or my Note II might be on a different network....

I was almost thinking the same thing but after running several speed test this weekend and getting an average of 1.8 on 3G, I think I will holdout for LTE to reach OKC.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is that most likely the SIM card will not be removable meaning you will be forced to deal with Sprint's outrageous international rates abroad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it looks like it will the embedded type. On test models the area where the sim card would be is missing. (See my post in xda)

Still, even with that minor setback, I will get the Note 2. Every day i see more videos coming out of korea and just when I thought the device couldn't surprise me, it does.

Case in point,.. slow and fast motion video.

btw, the site sxtp has a image of the leaked FCC document for the Sprint Note 2. So that means it will be on the FCC site very soon.

TS

Yeah, it looks like it will the embedded type. On test models the area where the sim card would be is missing. (See my post in xda)

Still, even with that minor setback, I will get the Note 2. Every day i see more videos coming out of korea and just when I thought the device couldn't surprise me, it does.

Case in point,.. slow and fast motion video.

btw, the site sxtp has a image of the leaked FCC document for the Sprint Note 2. So that means it will be on the FCC site very soon.

TS

I am not sure what I am going to do, I am really hoping that sprint/htc can figure out this lte issue but I would still prefer the evo because of that beautiful screen, I can't stand pentile at all. The funny thing is the pentile on the gnex didn't even bother me until I saw the screen on the evo. Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned before but the note 2 isn't going to be pentile which should give it a huge improvement in screen quality and because of that I think I may end up with a note 2 if sprint/htc can't fix my evo issues. Its still not your standard rgb setup but its still better than pentile.

http://www.androidce...ersus-galaxy-s3

• Like 1

Just had a cursory look at the FCC docs and I'm left wondering, does the Note II not support SVDO? How bass ackwards would that be considering that the Galaxy S III supports SVDO?! At least SVLTE appears to be onboard...

Just had a cursory look at the FCC docs and I'm left wondering, does the Note II not support SVDO? How bass ackwards would that be considering that the Galaxy S III supports SVDO?! At least SVLTE appears to be onboard...

With the dual antennas, i would be shocked if it didn't support SVDO

hmmm doesn't look like it. Not supported by hardware.

SGNote2Transmissions.png

TS

Source: FCC SAR Report

Wow that sucks, but I've never had an SVDO device before, so no biggie. I wish there was a dislike button