Seeing higher speeds in Charlotte

frankt3

Most mornings while driving home from work, I run a few speed tests while on interstate 77 north. Most of the time speeds in the morning average between 200k and 400k. This morning I was blown away with speeds running from 900k to 1.5k. This occured in south Charlotte exit 2 through north Charlotte exit 25. Uploads were running in the 400- 600 range. I will be testing at peak time today at 5 pm when I head back in to work.

I have occasionally gotten decent speeds in Charlotte, but never during the week, and never uptown. Just moved and can't even hold a phone call at the new place, have to use Skype over Wifi.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

check out network.sprint.com and see if you recently got some "band aid" fixes. Sprint and one of their network partners are preforming other upgrades on legacy towers including additional voice and data carriers, along with additional/upgraded backhaul.

I drive in Providence Rd and through Eastover and have frustration... WIMAX does on and off and the 3G is spotty through neighborhoods.. I have found Sprint WIMAX starts and stops along I-77...

Well, lucky you. Down the road in Raleigh/Cary, my last speed test put me at 164 kbps down and 85 kbps up. Seems to be going no where but down lol. Sprints network upgrade map for the band aid fixes are doing nothing at all, as they show to have completed many around my area but the network has only got worse. Praying for a speedy NV roll out...

Well, lucky you. Down the road in Raleigh/Cary, my last speed test put me at 164 kbps down and 85 kbps up. Seems to be going no where but down lol. Sprints network upgrade map for the band aid fixes are doing nothing at all, as they show to have completed many around my area but the network has only got worse. Praying for a speedy NV roll out...

I notice that the speeds in the raleigh area have gotten really slow the last couple of weeks. I have even had a few instances where I had no 3g. I wonder if we have an early NV start.

Come on man I'm trying to have faith lol

Don't live or die on Daniel's comments. He is, after all, the LTE Nazi.

Robert

Although, steer clear of Brad Pitt. I hear he likes "Killing Nazis."

• Like 2

Although' date=' steer clear of Brad Pitt. I hear he likes "Killing Nazis."[/quote']

I believe he kills gnat seas. Or at least that was what I heard. Still haven't deciphered that one.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I notice that the speeds in the raleigh area have gotten really slow the last couple of weeks. I have even had a few instances where I had no 3g. I wonder if we have an early NV start.

My speeds have been terrible lately too. And these band-aid fixes that are "within the next 6 months" around me (Franklin county) have been on there for at least 4 months now. Wouldn't they have to come soon? I sure hope so.

Robert

Although, steer clear of Brad Pitt. I hear he likes "Killing Nazis."

No, he had to give that up after he adopted his 23rd kid

• Like 3

There have beed a band-aid fixes in Charlotte. This i can tell. Not everywhere though. The speeds during the peak hours are better then they have been in a long time. I can stream music and youtube for the most part anytime. Upload speeds are still very slow. But things are moving in the right direction and i'm happy about that.

• Like 1

I wonder whether any of these "band-aid" fixes involve switching from T1 to AAV backhaul. In markets where NV will be turned up soon, it might make sense to make the switch since legacy equipment can, though in many cases doesn't, handle AAV backhaul, and having the backhaul already on-site (even if it's only provisioned at 15 Mbps for the moment) could speed up NV go-live significantly.

I wonder whether any of these "band-aid" fixes involve switching from T1 to AAV backhaul. In markets where NV will be turned up soon, it might make sense to make the switch since legacy equipment can, though in many cases doesn't, handle AAV backhaul, and having the backhaul already on-site (even if it's only provisioned at 15 Mbps for the moment) could speed up NV go-live significantly.

I believe that in some cases they are. I know that Sprint was having problems getting additional T1's from some ILEC's...especially CenturyLink. I heard that in Central Illinois, they had some T1's get backordered over a year! So they were considering some AAV alternatives in these instances if they can get it out there fast enough.

I believe there is an issue with some vendor equipment routers and AAV though. Some legacy routers will not play with some types of AAV and they have to switch those out too. I think sometimes we get overly simplistic with our criticisms and solutions, and we really don't know all the complexities and the scale Sprint and Ericsson are going through to keep this old hodge podged network running.

Network Vision will give so much more monitoring and scalability for the future. It is going to be night and day.

Robert

• Like 2

I believe that in some cases they are. I know that Sprint was having problems getting additional T1's from some ILEC's...especially CenturyLink. I heard that in Central Illinois, they had some T1's get backordered over a year! So they were considering some AAV alternatives in these instances if they can get it out there fast enough.

I believe there is an issue with some vendor equipment routers and AAV though. Some legacy routers will not play with some types of AAV and they have to switch those out too. I think sometimes we get overly simplistic with our criticisms and solutions, and we really don't know all the complexities and the scale Sprint and Ericsson are going through to keep this old hodge podged network running.

Network Vision will give so much more monitoring and scalability for the future. It is going to be night and day.

Robert

Makes sense. All the network stuff that I've dealt with has been all-IP, so it's foreign to me that something wouldn't just be able to hook up via Ethernet and go. But the telco world is very different than that :)

raleigh is doomed for sprint failure.

(

Don't say that, I live there. Verizon 4G speeds are slow there and AT&T only has 5x5 LTE with no AWS to help later. And on top of that my home ISP is about the only high speed ISP. ( There is embark, but they would not replace there modem that was over heating and there for my internet was going on/off all the time.)

(

Don't say that' date=' I live there. Verizon 4G speeds are slow there and AT&T only has 5x5 LTE with no AWS to help later. And on top of that my home ISP is about the only high speed ISP. ( There is embark, but they would not replace there modem that was over heating and there for my internet was going on/off all the time.)[/quote']

In my opinion, where Raleigh fares on the NV/LTE schedule is more than fair.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

In my opinion, where Raleigh fares on the NV/LTE schedule is more than fair.

I would like it sooner, but you are right about it being fair. Do you know about when LTE will be coming or have they not started yet? thanks

(

Don't say that, I live there. Verizon 4G speeds are slow there and AT&T only has 5x5 LTE with no AWS to help later. And on top of that my home ISP is about the only high speed ISP. ( There is embark, but they would not replace there modem that was over heating and there for my internet was going on/off all the time.)

I live and die in Wake Forest.... and my verizon LTE speeds are 30mb down/20-25mb up. So that debunks your verizon theory. 2nd... embark? Embarq... embarq'd awhile ago, we have Centurylink now.... and if you goto their store in north raleigh off capital blvd... ask for bonded DSL... speeds up to 40mb/s....they also offer prism tv.. which is IPTV.

Additionally, if you need more speed, TWC in the triangle does 50mb down/5mb up... soon to be 50mb down/25mb up.

Just sayin. You have plenty of options.

I would like it sooner' date=' but you are right about it being fair. Do you know about when LTE will be coming or have they not started yet? thanks[/quote']

We will have a Raleigh schedule update soon. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Robert

I'm going to make you all wear 1xRTT armbands.

We will have a Raleigh schedule update soon. Stay tuned.

are you going to tell them about october?

• Like 2