Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

Robert any news on a South Florida article on the board?

Its in the queue. I'm attempting to put them out in launch order, as best as I can determine them. The Miami/West Palm article is coming soon.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Laugh out Loud I meant to say I'm agreeing with u but I was replying to the other guy my bad on my Iphone browser.

I thought so

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

At least they are TRYING to improve your service. 700+ fixes is costing them a ton of money and it will have little if any benefit to their post network vision network. This is all to improve YOUR service. They could have sent an airrave to every customer in that market and said fix your own connection.

Thanks supert0nes. Lol, pyroscott what are you smoking man? They are trying to improve an unusable service, not just mine! And they haven't been doing a good job of it! What would you say if you were driving around in South Florida (please place your large city here) and homeless man runs up to your car at a light and starts cleaning your front window with a year old newspaper and dirty water then expects money? No REALLY! What would you do? Would you say, like you said in your post above, "Well, he is trying to clean YOUR window so give him your money as he could have just pissed on it and mugged me, LMFAO!" It makes no sense that I'm paying them for a service and if I can't use said service what was the point? And they are not fixing it for just me but rather their userbase which is leaving in droves! Most of the people down here don't have Sprint but rather the cheaper Boost and Virgin Mobile as Sprint is too expensive and they can't get contracts due to their credit. All I'm trying to say is don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining? What is the point of pointing out 700+ said fixes to still have the network flounder? And they did send me an Airave but they told me that I didn't need one at the same time as the signal should be full bars at my house? Sprint is smoking some nice ganja and all I have to say is I have to get me some of that!

5th

supert0nes I don't agree with you as in my area (33063) and everywhere in South Florida 3G coverage is strong but you can have full signal and still get connection not available. If you try to run a speedtest right next to 5 different towers and almost all provide an error or it will start and freeze. It is really sad that they have made OVER 700+ fixes to my local network (via the network.sprint.com over the past year added up) and yet it is still slower then crap. In my area I have to have a Airave or I don't get a connection and I live in range of 5 towers! It has gotten a little better but I don't consider 400Kbps fast, do you? It was 100-200Kbps in MOST areas a year ago before all the fixes! Now even the speed isn't the biggest issue as I think latency is! I sometimes get 400+Kbps and then it just drops off and connection fails even if I'm standing in the same spot? I think the towers down here are far too overloaded from Boost Mobile, Virgin mobile and Sprint itself! I really thought about switching a few months ago when my contract was up but the EVO LTE made me stay and I figured South Florida should be getting better but it's sad that even the 3G infrastructure is failing after tons of updates?! Robert any news on a South Florida article on the board?

Thanks,

5th :(

Wow, we just got some band aid fixes in Lansing and are finally getting a consistent 100Kbps during the day. I'm freaking ecstatic!!! During the later hours when usage drops, I see 400Kbps-1Mbps, but being able to actually rely on 3G is great.

If you are that dissatisfied with Sprint's service, then maybe you need to move on a a carrier that will give you the speed you desire.

S4GRU is not a complaint board about Sprint. Negative comments need to be constructive in nature. The incessant rambling about how temporary fixes aren't good enough is too much. Please move on from that side discussion.

Network Vision is the solution to Sprint's network problems. Customers will not see permanent relief until then. Either you can hold out for NV, or you can't. If you can, these complaints are pointless because you know the solution is coming and you just have to wait for them. If you cannot wait, then you should probably find another carrier that better meets your needs.

No one should pay for a carrier that doesn't meet their needs. And we never advocate anyone stay with Sprint if its not in their interest.

• Like 9

This is going to be a touchy subject for a lot of people unfortunately. Sprint is dealing with a lot of negative publicity, both from within their customer base and also from a number of outside forces (media, competitors, etc.).

Does Sprint 'deserve' the negative perception? Probably so, if you base your answer solely on the state of their current operations. They do appear to be making a lot of capital intensive decisions to rectify the major reasons why they aren't able to be truly competitive with the other 'major' players. As Robert said, there won't be any permanent change until their plan can actually go live, and even then it's going to take a while before they start considering a market area complete.

S4GRU is not a complaint board about Sprint. Negative comments need to be constructive in nature. The incessant rambling about how temporary fixes aren't good enough is too much. Please move on from that side discussion.

Network Vision is the solution to Sprint's network problems. Customers will not see permanent relief until then. Either you can hold out for NV, or you can't. If you can, these complaints are pointless because you know the solution is coming and you just have to wait for them. If you cannot wait, then you should probably find another carrier that better meets your needs.

No one should pay for a carrier that doesn't meet their needs. And we never advocate anyone stay with Sprint if its not in their interest.

Agreed, but I got 1mbs of speed on 3g in Jamaica Queens NYC, and I can tell you that I am looking forward and hope that Sprint doesn't go the way of the Dodo bird and raise prices and kill grandfathered plans with new device offers in the future. If this happen I will bail and pay what ever to Verizon for the slap in the face. As a 15 year loyal customer who can write monthly cost off I hope they are not pimping me for future Tom Foolery.

That said I am hoping the NV will give me the thing that I had when I 1st joined Sprint.....great service! I am Cautiously rooting for Sprint, and the company that it can be! Dan has done a pretty good job in spite of Clearwire debacle, and the Wimax failed initiative adoption in the U.S.! Pricing is the best among it's peers, and service just needs to pick up! Network Vision is the answer I hope, and if you bail now you may lose the unlimited pricing in the face of rising cost on other carriers, which may not be wise if you are slated to get network vision!

• Like 1

Thanks supert0nes. Lol, pyroscott what are you smoking man? They are trying to improve an unusable service, not just mine! And they haven't been doing a good job of it! What would you say if you were driving around in South Florida (please place your large city here) and homeless man runs up to your car at a light and starts cleaning your front window with a year old newspaper and dirty water then expects money? No REALLY! What would you do? Would you say, like you said in your post above, "Well, he is trying to clean YOUR window so give him your money as he could have just pissed on it and mugged me, LMFAO!" It makes no sense that I'm paying them for a service and if I can't use said service what was the point? And they are not fixing it for just me but rather their userbase which is leaving in droves! Most of the people down here don't have Sprint but rather the cheaper Boost and Virgin Mobile as Sprint is too expensive and they can't get contracts due to their credit. All I'm trying to say is don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining? What is the point of pointing out 700+ said fixes to still have the network flounder? And they did send me an Airave but they told me that I didn't need one at the same time as the signal should be full bars at my house? Sprint is smoking some nice ganja and all I have to say is I have to get me some of that!

5th

It amazes me how much time some people will spend ranting and raving about how unhappy they are, but fail to put any constructive effort into improving their current situation. (I say this in regards to all facets of life. Some people just like to bitch and moan.) If one is that unhappy about something, wouldn't the time spent complaining be more effectively used by doing something to improve the situation? Serious question!

• Like 1

It amazes me how much time some people will spend ranting and raving about how unhappy they are, but fail to put any constructive effort into improving their current situation. (I say this in regards to all facets of life. Some people just like to bitch and moan.) If one is that unhappy about something, wouldn't the time spent complaining be more effectively used by doing something to improve the situation? Serious question!

This! If my dissatisfaction about a service I was paying for was so great that it caused me daily stress and made me curse and shake my fist to the heavens online regularly, then no amount of money would be too great for me to unload said service and move on. I would gladly pay an ETF and move to something that serves me better. The cost would be paid back multi-fold in reduced stress, lowered blood pressure, more time to google pictures of figure athletes. Just think of the amount of keystrokes alone that would be saved by not having to rant about my service on multiple online sites. My kids would no longer have to tell their friends they can't come over because dad's on sprintusers again.

All the disgruntled and dissatisfied Sprint customers, do yourselves and your families a favor (do us a favor too...please) and find something better. Life's too short to spend it on a carrier you hate. Not a sermon, just a thought.

• Like 2

When can North Jersey, particularly around the Clifton area expect LTE? Any updates? I know we are part of "round 2", but hoping it will be sooner than later. Sprint should be giving updates instead of keeping everyone in the dark, even in areas where LTE is imminent, they are keeping quiet. Which can hurt them with all this uncertainty.

Can i please ask when we might get some more info about the mia ft laud area?

I have a samsung epic 4 and i have sooo many issues with it so sprint was nice and bought out my contract so i can get the new galaxy SIII but the 3g network by my home sucks my 4g network is good i get 3-8mb down and 1 to 2.5 up i just dont want to spend all this money on a new phone and have no 4g at all because the SIII is LTE only.

I live in wilton manors fl 33305 its in fort lauderdale.

Thanks!!

At least they are TRYING to improve your service. 700+ fixes is costing them a ton of money and it will have little if any benefit to their post network vision network. This is all to improve YOUR service. They could have sent an airrave to every customer in that market and said fix your own connection.

thats what they said to me lol here is an airrave hope this helps! lol starting in december of 2011 my towers just stopped working i actually had 5 weeks of NO service at all

Some of our new users who are just signing in need to read through the articles and original forum threads/post before asking if XYZ city is ready for deployment. People the articles with the information you are looking for are already here...

• Like 4

Im really curious as to why the first sites to receive On-Air status from Sprint seem to be Joliet' date=' Aurora, Elgin, Oak Brook, and the far NW Burbs. All of these sites are 30-40 miles away from downtown, the NW burbs area has very low population density, and some like Joliet/Elgin aren't really even considered suburbs of Chicago (they are too far). The whole thing seems to strange to me.[/quote']

Which tower in Aurora is showing on air? I live in Aurora and the data speeds here do not reflect 3G on the new back haul. Also, all the towns you listed are indeed considered Chicago suburbs, and Aurora has a population of almost 200,000. True, the population density is not like the city, but the NV issues are still impacting a lot of people in those towns you listed.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Its in the queue. I'm attempting to put them out in launch order, as best as I can determine them. The Miami/West Palm article is coming soon.

If that's the case, I hope your next article is about NYC!

For the lucky few that are in the first round of NV rollouts, I have a question. Did the 3g service get worst as they started?

For the lucky few that are in the first round of NV rollouts, I have a question. Did the 3g service get worst as they started?

Strange as I was thinking about that. When I was in San Antonio I noticed that my speeds did feel slower than a few months ago. I don't know if this was because they became slower or if it was psychological as I was taking more and more speedtests.

Strange as I was thinking about that. When I was in San Antonio I noticed that my speeds did feel slower than a few months ago. I don't know if this was because they became slower or if it was psychological as I was taking more and more speedtests.

3G speeds have been tragic for me for the last 6 months or so in SA. Usually around 75kbps up and 200kbps down. I've even seen the dreaded 1xRT a few times in the last few weeks.

I'm wondering if there are any NV sites that have confirmed 3G updates arounds, since everywhere I have run a speed test so far has been about the same.

3G speeds have been tragic for me for the last 6 months or so in SA. Usually around 75kbps up and 200kbps down. I've even seen the dreaded 1xRT a few times in the last few weeks.

I'm wondering if there are any NV sites that have confirmed 3G updates arounds, since everywhere I have run a speed test so far has been about the same.

We have not reported one single NV site completed in San Antonio has 3G EVDO activated yet. The only sites with NV 3G live so far in Texas are around Waco.

Robert

So is it just me or was 3G faster in SA before? Seemed like it went the opposite direction ever since NV started.

So is it just me or was 3G faster in SA before? Seemed like it went the opposite direction ever since NV started.

It cannot be related to Network Vision, IMO. It's just that usage keeps growing and growing on the legacy 3G network, so performance will keep reducing and reducing until the new network is activated in your area.

Robert