Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

The 4G is actively being deployed, they are just not handed over to Sprint, yet. We only post sites that have been handed over to Sprint. There are many reports of people getting 4G signals in the Chicago area. Especially in the Hammond/Merrilville area. And at this point, while Sprint continues to block LTE connections, it doesn't much matter.

Robert

So if the 4g signal is active, they have backhaul? Or do i remember that incorrectly?

So if the 4g signal is active, they have backhaul? Or do i remember that incorrectly?

Yes, that is correct. They will not hook up LTE to legacy backhaul, only new backhaul. They will, however, hook up 3G to legacy backhaul if the new backhaul is not installed and ready when they complete a site. And when that happens they will come back and finish up the final LTE connection and testing afterward.

Robert

Are you able to provide an update on the Los Angeles Metro area?

Thank you in advance.

We have a LA market update article coming soon. Stay tuned.

Robert

I dunno if this means anything but here it goes.

Over the weekend both phones lost data and then it became spotty, when I called sprint they told me the towers in 01108

Were being upgraded and should be up and running June 25th. The tech said that LTE would be live on that date,

Also credited my account until then and they will call back on the 26th to confirm I have LTE ... Go figure.. let's cross our fingers

I was in Springfield mass. So hopefully Springfield will be up

• Like 1

I dunno if this means anything but here it goes.

Over the weekend both phones lost data and then it became spotty, when I called sprint they told me the towers in 01108

Were being upgraded and should be up and running June 25th. The tech said that LTE would be live on that date,

Also credited my account until then and they will call back on the 26th to confirm I have LTE ... Go figure.. let's cross our fingers

I was in Springfield mass. So hopefully Springfield will be up

Springfield is in an active Network Vision deployment area. Whether or not you will get active LTE by the date quoted will be interesting to see if it pans out. Keep us posted. Thanks for the info.

Robert

So when is LTE coming to Little Rock, AR? Goodness gracious, I pay that filth and foul $10 data fee for others to enjoy LTE! :angry:

My contract is up with Sprint next month and it makes it very difficult for me to continue with Sprint, even after a decade of affiliation. Now there are delivery problems with the S-III just like the EVO makes me wonder who is running Sprint. If I do leave Sprint, their customer service will not be my reason. My reason will be that of the CEO/management for shunning 'small' markets such as Little Rock. Other carriers have LTE service in Little Rock but Sprint does not and they still want me to pay that filth and foul $10 data fee. :td:

So when is LTE coming to Little Rock, AR? Goodness gracious, I pay that filth and foul $10 data fee for others to enjoy LTE! :angry:

My contract is up with Sprint next month and it makes it very difficult for me to continue with Sprint, even after a decade of affiliation. Now there are delivery problems with the S-III just like the EVO makes me wonder who is running Sprint. If I do leave Sprint, their customer service will not be my reason. My reason will be that of the CEO/management for shunning 'small' markets such as Little Rock. Other carriers have LTE service in Little Rock but Sprint does not and they still want me to pay that filth and foul $10 data fee. :td:

If you need 4G LTE service when your contract is up, then you will have to leave Sprint and get another carrier. Sprint will not begin deployment in the Arkansas market until next year. I too live in a market that will not begin deployment until next year. But Sprint still meets my needs for the money. I'm willing to wait it out, but I understand not everyone can.

Robert

If you need 4G LTE service when your contract is up, then you will have to leave Sprint and get another carrier. Sprint will not begin deployment in the Arkansas market until next year. I too live in a market that will not begin deployment until next year. But Sprint still meets my needs for the money. I'm willing to wait it out, but I understand not everyone can.

Robert

Robert, thanks for verification of the truth I knew deep inside. It will hurt to leave a decade of Sprint, but they do not seem too worried therefore, neither should I.

Robert, thanks for verification of the truth I knew deep inside. It will hurt to leave a decade of Sprint, but they do not seem too worried therefore, neither should I.

I believe they are very worried. But they cannot deploy Network Vision over the whole country in 6 months. They have to pick the order of markets very carefully. I know that the markets that they relegated to 2013 must have been a very hard decision. They stand to lose millions of customers like you.

Robert

• Like 2

Where are you at in little rock that has bad speeds i know that west Little Rock has great speeds by chenal and Cantrell chenal dickions 9 theater and Maumelle where they do get coverage by both lakes.

I believe they are very worried. But they cannot deploy Network Vision over the whole country in 6 months. They have to pick the order of markets very carefully. I know that the markets that they relegated to 2013 must have been a very hard decision. They stand to lose millions of customers like you.

Robert

That is so true and my decision has nothing to do with Sprint CS, as many complain about. I have had good experiences w/Sprint CS, my disgust is with management/CEO. Oh well, maybe there is some new marketing technique that says to provide quality service to a few and let others pay for it. :wall:

That is so true and my decision has nothing to do with Sprint CS' date=' as many complain about. I have had good experiences w/Sprint CS, my disgust is with management/CEO. Oh well, maybe there is some new marketing technique that says to provide quality service to a few and let others pay for it. :wall:[/quote']

Sprint's customer service is excellent. I don't know how they get the data for the yearly rankings, but I almost always have received excellent customer service from sprint.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

is there any idea if salt lake city is getting lte anytime in the next two years

Next two years? Yes.

Robert

That is so true and my decision has nothing to do with Sprint CS, as many complain about. I have had good experiences w/Sprint CS, my disgust is with management/CEO. Oh well, maybe there is some new marketing technique that says to provide quality service to a few and let others pay for it. :wall:

I do not agree with this quote. I realize you are still mad about the Clearwire Wimax rollout, but Sprint is rebuilding their entire network, including your town to have the latest LTE and widest coverage with LTE/CDMA 800, not to mention all the backhaul enhancements, which is definitely the largest part of Network Vision. I think their decision to build out their largest markets first makes sense and I will patiently wait for my flyover land towns to get the LTE hookup. I personally find their pace and strategy remarkable.

I do think they have major issues with perception, post Iphone and I know that the faster they can get Network Vision rolled out to everyone, the sooner they can start changing that perception!

• Like 2

I do not agree with this quote. I realize you are still mad about the Clearwire Wimax rollout, but Sprint is rebuilding their entire network, including your town to have the latest LTE and widest coverage with LTE/CDMA 800, not to mention all the backhaul enhancements, which is definitely the largest part of Network Vision. I think their decision to build out their largest markets first makes sense and I will patiently wait for my flyover land towns to get the LTE hookup. I personally find their pace and strategy remarkable.

I do think they have major issues with perception, post Iphone and I know that the faster they can get Network Vision rolled out to everyone, the sooner they can start changing that perception!

supert0nes I don't agree with you as in my area (33063) and everywhere in South Florida 3G coverage is strong but you can have full signal and still get connection not available. If you try to run a speedtest right next to 5 different towers and almost all provide an error or it will start and freeze. It is really sad that they have made OVER 700+ fixes to my local network (via the network.sprint.com over the past year added up) and yet it is still slower then crap. In my area I have to have a Airave or I don't get a connection and I live in range of 5 towers! It has gotten a little better but I don't consider 400Kbps fast, do you? It was 100-200Kbps in MOST areas a year ago before all the fixes! Now even the speed isn't the biggest issue as I think latency is! I sometimes get 400+Kbps and then it just drops off and connection fails even if I'm standing in the same spot? I think the towers down here are far too overloaded from Boost Mobile, Virgin mobile and Sprint itself! I really thought about switching a few months ago when my contract was up but the EVO LTE made me stay and I figured South Florida should be getting better but it's sad that even the 3G infrastructure is failing after tons of updates?! Robert any news on a South Florida article on the board?

Thanks,

5th :(

Ya I'll definitely concede that their current network is junk in plenty of areas, most even. Also, I agree that overselling a network is something no internet provider should do, yet they all do to an extent and blame their most active users.

I will refine my opinions above to Network Vision. It's almost like a new leadership came in and righted the ship as it was about to sink. Too late? Maybe, but I think every decision is the right one and I believe they are rolling trucks to the locations around America at an awesome pace.

• Like 2

supert0nes I don't agree with you as in my area (33063) and everywhere in South Florida 3G coverage is strong but you can have full signal and still get connection not available. If you try to run a speedtest right next to 5 different towers and almost all provide an error or it will start and freeze. It is really sad that they have made OVER 700+ fixes to my local network (via the network.sprint.com over the past year added up) and yet it is still slower then crap. In my area I have to have a Airave or I don't get a connection and I live in range of 5 towers! It has gotten a little better but I don't consider 400Kbps fast' date=' do you? It was 100-200Kbps in MOST areas a year ago before all the fixes! Now even the speed isn't the biggest issue as I think latency is! I sometimes get 400+Kbps and then it just drops off and connection fails even if I'm standing in the same spot? I think the towers down here are far too overloaded from Boost Mobile, Virgin mobile and Sprint itself! I really thought about switching a few months ago when my contract was up but the EVO LTE made me stay and I figured South Florida should be getting better but it's sad that even the 3G infrastructure is failing after tons of updates?! Robert any news on a South Florida article on the board?

Thanks,

5th :([/quote']

At least they are TRYING to improve your service. 700+ fixes is costing them a ton of money and it will have little if any benefit to their post network vision network. This is all to improve YOUR service. They could have sent an airrave to every customer in that market and said fix your own connection.

• Like 2

At least they are TRYING to improve your service. 700+ fixes is costing them a ton of money and it will have little if any benefit to their post network vision network. This is all to improve YOUR service. They could have sent an airrave to every customer in that market and said fix your own connection.

I have to agree with what Scotts been saying. Yes, It totally sucks that Sprint got behind the ball in regards to network capacity. Obviously, all the EVO's and iPhones on the current network were/are overburdening. Not only are they spending a ridiculous amount of money with the "band-aid" fixes (money that will, in a sense, have gone to waste post NV), they are practically betting the farm with a complete network overall that costs billions.. several times over. All while continuing to bring out some very nice devices and maintain the best customer service in the industry. The fact of the matter is, Sprint, at this time, is doing everything in their power to fix the network. This should be obvious to anyone one who has put even a half-ass effort into researching on this site.

• Like 2

I agree Scott also but it might not just be 700+ upgrades to just 3G they also show new towers and tons of voice upgrades not everyone of those updates are for 3G.

There could be other things, yes.

The only lasting benefits I can think of are new towers (if they install the NV equipment from the get go) and getting network vision back haul installed early. Everything else is sprint busting their butts to try to keep their current network on life support until network vision. I don't know how anyone can say they aren't trying their best. They just let it get way behind.

• Like 1