Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Geez guys even contractors get holidays

Not about the holidays for me.  It was that great progress and movement was happening almost daily. It was exciting to see which sites got switched on or at least got their hardware.  But 2-3 weeks ago it seemed that everything got stopped.  

At least I was fishing this weekend at the slough in Mendota and was able to enjoy 4gLTE service.   (uploaded 5 HD pictures in 3 seconds) :tu:

• Like 1

NO

I WANT LTE NOWWW

Easy there, turbo. Why do we all clamor for LTE when decent phone service in general, both voice and text, should be our number one priority. Not who has the best data service.

Ay-yi-yi. smh

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I just updated to 4.3 on my Note 2, but I did not do the OTA update I got the file from the XDA-developers website.  I have not been in a LTE area since it was installed so I'm not sure what band it is using, but I would hold off on the update as long as you can (unless you already have Galaxy Gear or know you'll get it for the holidays) the battery life on it is horrible, I used to get 18-24 hours of heavy usage but now I'm getting 12-16 at max, and with the same power saving setting (well now NFC and S-Beam are turned off) as I had before and same usage pattern.  I'm hoping that Sprint releases a fix for the battery life issue soon, other than that 4.3 is rock solid and would love to test it out in an LTE area.

The last time I was in Madera was back in mid-September and I saw no progress, but clearly things may have changed since then. It's not exactly a favorite destination for me, but the next time I'm up there I will definitely linger a bit to check out the towers.

There has been activity on the South tower behind CVC's track (Akers & Tulare) in Visalia the last 2 days:

post-29319-0-09221400-1386189624_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo from October of what the tower looked like before the work began:

post-29319-0-76614600-1386189628_thumb.jpg

I see new radios that look like they might be going up here:

post-29319-0-76345500-1386189625_thumb.jpg

post-29319-0-38548200-1386189627_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this is a good sign!

There has been activity on the South tower behind CVC's track (Akers & Tulare) in Visalia the last 2 days:

Here's a photo from October of what the tower looked like before the work began:

That is a good sign. Those look like Network Vision panels to me! Great job!

Without knowing which rack sprint occupies on that tower and what the underside of the panels look like, those could also be t mobile.

Edit - Sprint's permit for that site has not yet been issued, and those panels are either too deep to be NV (in the case of the narrow beam panels) or the sides are too flat (in the case of the non-narrow beam panels). It looks like Sprint is on the second rack from the top, anyway.

attachicon.gifBoom.jpg

attachicon.gifS tower.jpg

attachicon.gifRadios 1.jpg

attachicon.gifRadios 2.jpg

After even further analysis, that's not even a Sprint site. Sprint is on the one in the background.

After even further analysis, that's not even a Sprint site. Sprint is on the one in the background.

Unless the angle of the camera is playing tricks on me, it almost looks like they raised that tower some. I don't go by that site much anymore. :/

Im on 99 north headed to fresno and lte is on. Came on after I passed Goshen.

This is worth investigating further. Oh, and screenshot with map or Sensorly, or it didn't happen.