Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/0/AADMDbnrWZTMlKc2yf_wLIhHOp-plZEoH8u-SpdZJT96lA/12/34538839/png/1024x768/3/1370649600/0/2/Screenshot_2013-06-07-17-37-44.png/tUwI8CJBbsSdwnihOowRGwZhe23lR_XhBHCYpqbyz8Q

Blackbob park in Olathe, KS

I take walks here frequently, and it seems every day around 5:00-7:00 PM my speeds drop to almost nothing. I have direct line of sight with the site (water tower), and my LTE signal ranges from -85 to -95 DBM. Today I couldn't load a picture on an email so I ran this speed test. I tried 3 different servers with similar results. Yesterday at 2:00PM I pulled 15mbps down in the same spot.  All neighboring sites have been 4g accepted so I don't think that would be the problem. 

What does this havtgis do with Sprint adding a second PCS LTE carrier?

Absolutely nothing.

Please move this in another thread.

Would adding another carrier not help capacity issues? I posted this to suggest another 5x5 carrier could be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if current work in the Kansas Markets (specifically Lawrence and KC metro) is causing dropped calls and delayed text messages?  I am curious because I personally have been experiencing much more dropped calls, lower/no signal in areas where I used to have 4G or 3G data sessions, and fewer 1x signal where it used to be a couple of bars on my HTC EVO 4G LTE.  Is this happening to anyone else?  I am just curious to see if anyone knew of reasons why this is occurring?  Are they going back to the nodes and adding 800 panels?  I appreciate everyone's input.  

The dropped call issues may be related to the NID boundary adjustments bring made in the KC area that has been discussed in another thread.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

The dropped call issues may be related to the NID boundary adjustments bring made in the KC area that has been discussed in another thread.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can you provide me a link to that thread?  I appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sprints coverage map has been updated. Lol @ them thinking lte will work just outside canton,ks (perhaps when lte 800 is active)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

AJ! 800 1x accepted around Lawrence! Does it work?

Ahem, what escaped mental patient do you think noticed, tracked, and reported to Robert all of those newly live CDMA1X 800 sites tonight?

330csxk.png

AJ

• Like 1

Ahem, what escaped mental patient do you think noticed, tracked, and reported to Robert all of those newly live CDMA1X 800 sites tonight?

330csxk.png

AJ

Haha. I was hoping as much. So that's on stock? Glad to see Ericsson getting that going finally.

Just keep going to the lake...

Sorry, Rickie, I have an appointment tomorrow in Topeka, so I am headed west, not east.  But we shall see if this CDMA1X 800 attachment lasts overnight and if it continues tomorrow along the Turnpike.

AJ

Sorry, Rickie, I have an appointment tomorrow in Topeka, so I am headed west, not east. But we shall see if this CDMA1X 800 attachment lasts overnight and if it continues tomorrow along the Turnpike.

AJ

How did you turn out?

Found 1X 800 active around Sedalia and confirmed one site just Sedalia, did you have data issues very long with 1x800 AJ??

Some of the live CDMA1X 800 sites were blocking calls and broadcasting lat/long that was way off.  Others were fine, so I think that they may have been up just temporarily for testing.  CDMA1X 800 lasted through the night and two thirds of the way to Topeka, as the propagation/reception was strong enough that I was able to hold a Lawrence site on CDMA1X 800 that far.  But then the idle reselection moved me back up to CDMA1X 1900, and I have not had CDMA1X 800 again since then.

AJ

• Like 1

Do you guys know if there is a serious hold up in the Wichita market? I know they're about 75% done, but just wondering if something is going since that last 25% seems to be really taking some time. Pardon me if this was discussed and I missed it.

Do you guys know if there is a serious hold up in the Wichita market? I know they're about 75% done, but just wondering if something is going since that last 25% seems to be really taking some time. Pardon me if this was discussed and I missed it.

We don't know what the hold up is. Most likely backhaul.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I am not sure if this is the right topic to put this under and I am sure I will be banished from the forums!  But I wanted to throw out there if anyone has this issur or not.  I am having tower handoff issues on the newly marked green dots (3G/800/4G) towers only as I drive along K10 to Lawrence from KC.  I keep dropping calls all the time and at the one spot off of I-70 (3G/800/4G tower only) as well a.k.a the "Chicago effect" (my personally coined term) ha ha.  I also get a ton of dropped calls while driving around in Lawrence area.  Is anyone else experiencing this as well?  I have the EVO LTE. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this where I would find info about lake of the ozarks in Missouri ? I did a google search and it sent me here.

Close, but no. Best bet is the Missouri market thread. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/975-network-visionlte-missouri-market-includes-st-louis/

Rickie just talks about the Lake in this thread a lot  ;)

Welcome back, NID 41...

14lufxy.png

AJ