Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Soon, most of us will be saying you are lucky too. The Western exurbs were really bad at one point, but most of their problems have been worked through. It is a painful process, but it will be worked out over the next weeks/months and you will then be on of the most state of the art networks ever. You will have 18 months of a great network in Chicago before they even start my market.

Robert

I love my ns4g but as soon as lte comes I'm getting a sgs3 asap ;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I just got 4g in Naperville at 87th and Route 59. Impressive speeds!!!

Im hoping a lot of these towers go active and stay active so close to the LTE 15th launch date.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I just got 4g in Naperville at 87th and Route 59. Impressive speeds!!! I will post screenshot when I get home. Say file is too big

No go in Winfield/Wheaton/West Chicago here. Also nothing in Lincoln Park. You got me excited, but this is interesting.

No go in Winfield/Wheaton/West Chicago here. Also nothing in Lincoln Park. You got me excited' date=' but this is interesting.[/quote']

Damn....thats my work area.... :-(

this was at 95th and 59 in Naperville. Had a full signal will a 54ms ping. Files to big to upload from my phone for the screenshot

Can you try to test the tower by Eola and Hafenrichter roads? I'm curious if LTE is live over here. 95th and 59 is like 5 mins from that intersection, so I wonder if tower CH03XC684 is live on LTE as well.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Stupid question....but are these towers STAYING live??!

I doubt it. I'm willing to bet what's happened in other markets where LTE will be up a while, then block the general public will happen here.

Can you try to test the tower by Eola and Hafenrichter roads? I'm curious if LTE is live over here. 95th and 59 is like 5 mins from that intersection, so I wonder if tower CH03XC684 is live on LTE as well.

Ya ill test it Monday I work right by there

I've been all over Naperville, Lisle, Wheaton, Winfield, Carol Stream, Batavia, and Aurora over the past 2 days and have not seen any 4G at all. And believe me I'm constantly checking and running speedtests.

I am, however, seeing a huge disparity in 3g speeds. There is no middle ground, it's either dial-up speeds, or 1mbps+ speeds.

I live right over there and according to my Netmonitor app I'm connected to that tower right now. Its signal type is "EvDo rev.A". I don't have an LTE phone, but I had thought the tower had to have an eHRPD signal to get LTE. I could be wrong though.

I live right over there and according to my Netmonitor app I'm connected to that tower right now. Its signal type is "EvDo rev.A". I don't have an LTE phone, but I had thought the tower had to have an eHRPD signal to get LTE. I could be wrong though.

From what I've seen in other threads, you have to have an LTE phone to show that you're connected to eHRPD. I'm not 100% certain, but that was my understanding.

From what I've seen in other threads, you have to have an LTE phone to show that you're connected to eHRPD. I'm not 100% certain, but that was my understanding.

Yes, eHRPD will only show up on LTE phones. Legacy devices will continue to see EVDO for their 3G. LTE devices will see eHRPD because once the connection hits the tower, it is routed through the LTE switch for smooth handoffs to LTE.

for anyone who wants to have 4g for a little while, from 95th street all the way to 34 on Route 59 in Naperville, it's still on as of last night. averaged 18 mbps for approximately 10 speedtests when I went to my storage unit.

• Like 1

Why? That's a ton of hassle.

Roam Control - force roam for free.

If they boot you because of excess roaming (which I doubt) then you will be ETF free. Port your number for free.

Why go prepaid to go onto another carrier when you can just force roam 100% free?

Just an FYI. They can force you to pay the ETF for force roaming. Check your contract.

I have not seen any examples of this.

Just because they don't exercise their right to do so, doesn't mean they can't. It's more of a PSA than anything.

Just because they don't exercise their right to do so, doesn't mean they can't. It's more of a PSA than anything.

The way I've been reading about people abusing this lately, I think they should start enforcing the ETF.

• Like 1