Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Yes, every site in the Chicago market is built. The power line problematic towers are mostly 3g/800 and one or two that are 3g.

Every now and again I run across one that is a gmo. I wasn't sure if that was the case with these. Probably 99 percent are built. Be careful when saying all the sites are built.

At 62 and Roselle there was a gmo site (not a power line site) until two weeks ago.

Every now and again I run across one that is a gmo. I wasn't sure if that was the case with these. Probably 99 percent are built. Be careful when saying all the sites are built.

At 62 and Roselle there was a gmo site (not a power line site) until two weeks ago.

What I meant was there is no legacy gear in this market. I didn't mean 100% full builds.
  • Like 1

Vince how the tri band lg g2 holding up? Still getting those great speeds?

I have several triband devices. Band 41 really is awesome, and it's actually quite plentiful in the city and suburbs. It's hard to drive for 10 minutes anywhere and not get it. I had 41 disabled for almost a month to locate band 26 and the second carrier.

Your gci will end in 03/04/05 in signal check when you're on the second carrier.

That will be generally correct but will not hold universally true across all markets. In fact, expect at least one outlier in the Chicago market due to misconfiguration or number of sectors.

That is why I use SignalCheck for easy access to RSRP. But for band, EARFCN, etc., there is still no substitute for engineering screens.

AJ

I hadn't realized that there were ever any GMOs in the Chicago market, as I've never seen one, and as far as I know, none had been scheduled. Do you think then that most of the 3G-only sites left are GMOs?

I hadn't realized that there were ever any GMOs in the Chicago market, as I've never seen one, and as far as I know, none had been scheduled. Do you think then that most of the 3G-only sites left are GMOs?

We didn't receive GMO schedules for every market. And even many of the ones we did did not hold. Just ask the Nebraska and Iowa markets. I know there are several GMOs in the Kansas market that were never scheduled.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just know a lot of them are on high tension rigs and water towers. I could say, just F it and put up a microwave, but Robert said it months ago, that the few remaining problematic sites will be solved by band 26 so Sprint isn't concerned.

We didn't receive GMO schedules for every market. And even many of the ones we did did not hold. Just ask the Nebraska and Iowa markets. I know there are several GMOs in the Kansas market that were never scheduled.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Eating breakfast this morning and I had to post this

e3yrunam.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Eating breakfast this morning and I had to post this

e3yrunam.jpg

So that's what these nut jobs have been getting so excited about?! Now I understand!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ygera5ag.jpg

2nd carrier in Schaumburg. 10.3 mbps speed test.

I thought that was a pretty good speed test. Can't compare because I live North of the border, but I would imagine the Woodfield Mall/IKEA area is somewhat demanding on the network.

Unfortunately I have one of those ancient single band phones (Note II) so I can't comment on B26/41 :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

How can I tell if I have B26 and B41 in my area? I can see it scan them on a week LTE but never stays connected then falls back to B25 or 3G. Sprints maps say spark is enabled but I have never connected to B26 & B41 ever. I live west of Chicago..Yorkville 60560 zip. At home I'm serving cell 379

How can I tell if I have B26 and B41 in my area? I can see it scan them on a week LTE but never stays connected then falls back to B25 or 3G. Sprints maps say spark is enabled but I have never connected to B26 & B41 ever. I live west of Chicago..Yorkville 60560 zip. At home I'm serving cell 379

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5806-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=326043

First, do you have the latest 4.4.3 update? If not, you might have trouble connecting to 41. Also, what town do you live in? Band 41 is pretty plentiful in most areas. It's not everywhere, but it's not hard to find. If you have signal check installed, that will be your quickest way to see what you're connected to, otherwise, dial (I think, and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) *#*#debug#*#* then click LTE. That's your engineering screen and will tell you your connected band. If you're using signal check, on your pull down shade, look at your gci, more specifically, the last 2 digits. 00/01/02 is band 25, 03/04/05 is the new second pcs carrier, and 0F/10/11 is band 26. Now for band 41, I've found that the FIRST two digits will be either 00 or 08. Hope this helps. And for the most recent maps of band 26/41, look into premier sponsorship.

First, do you have the latest 4.4.3 update? If not, you might have trouble connecting to 41. Also, what town do you live in? Band 41 is pretty plentiful in most areas. It's not everywhere, but it's not hard to find. If you have signal check installed, that will be your quickest way to see what you're connected to, otherwise, dial (I think, and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) *#*#debug#*#* then click LTE. That's your engineering screen and will tell you your connected band. If you're using signal check, on your pull down shade, look at your gci, more specifically, the last 2 digits. 00/01/02 is band 25, 03/04/05 is the new second pcs carrier, and 0F/10/11 is band 26. Now for band 41, I've found that the FIRST two digits will be either 00 or 08. Hope this helps. And for the most recent maps of band 26/41, look into premier sponsorship.

Yep got the update and new radio. I use the Nexus 5 field test to view what Band I am connected to. I see it quickly scan B26 and B41 but always stays on B25.

My location

Yorkville, IL 60560

http://goo.gl/maps/1qkXF

Yep got the update and new radio. I use the Nexus 5 field test to view what Band I am connected to. I see it quickly scan B26 and B41 but always stays on B25.

My location

Yorkville, IL 60560

http://goo.gl/maps/1qkXF

If you're actually in Yorkville, I can see why band 41 might be iffy. You might have a very weak connection. As far as band 26 goes, a couple things might be happening. You're either connecting to a new site that isn't optimized yet, and might be rejecting connections, or you're in good range of band 25 with good data speeds. Remember, 26 is for some capacity, and extended coverage. The network will kick you off 26 if you can get a good data experience on 25 or 41.

• Like 1

That is the secondary band 25 LTE carrier.  Its downlink is centered at 1957.5 MHz.

AJ

But is the secondary band 25 carrier from this site or do you think it's a farther away site (lower signal)?

Also do you know if they are typcially adding both the 2nd PCS LTE carrier and the band 26 LTE carrier at the same site visit?

Thanks, Brian

Well when the guy from dan@sprint.com finally calls me back today which I hope he does I'm going to tell him I want credit for all contracted lines data plans since the last contract renewal going until October. Otherwise those lines must be released from contract.

Well when the guy from dan@sprint.com finally calls me back today which I hope he does I'm going to tell him I want credit for all contracted lines data plans since the last contract renewal going until October. Otherwise those lines must be released from contract.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How many lines do you have and what data plans are you on and when did you renew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk