Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I do not go downtown very often, but no not recently. But I'm sure the b26 will be up and running soon. So I was curious, what spectrum did sprint get in the chicago market from us cellular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-334-updated-sprint-uscc-spectrum-deal-sprint-gets-20-mhz-broader-in-the-city-of-broad-shoulders/

The Rockford area is completely finished apart from adding B41, so I'm not surprised they did so well against the big two. Too bad they couldn't quite win any categories outright though.

At O'Hare airport yesterday front of the united ticket counter .I got a strong B41 single (57mbps down),but when u went back to my car on the 6 floor daily parking .speed test result was 2mbps only .

Is the sprint B41 inside the airport ? :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Any 26 sightings in downtown chicago? We don't have many members reporting the actual city. Just the outlying areas.

I live on the West Loop and I can report that my iPhone 5S consistently connects to three antennas on my area through Channel 26. My problem is that my phone latches to the signal for a couple of minutes and then switches to a channel 25 signal and then to a 3G signal. It is weird as it feels as it's cycling through all the signals. Somebody posted earlier that these situations happen when antennas with band 26 are turned on but have not been adjusted/fine tuned yet.

But man, when the phone is connected to band 26 download speeds are over 10mb all the time and that's with a -110db signal. I have faith things will keep improving for the next 3-6 months.

At O'Hare airport yesterday front of the united ticket counter .I got a strong B41 single (57mbps down),but when u went back to my car on the 6 floor daily parking .speed test result was 2mbps only .

Is the sprint B41 inside the airport ? :-)

Possibly, I am sure they could have a DAS system with B41.

• Like 1

Where is Mhammett jumping for joy?  The latest NV sites complete now shows all the towers in Dekalb are 3G/800/4G accepted!!  This is a miraculous day for our resident NIU Huskies homer!

Always nice to see Chicago actually get some LTE acceptances.  Besides Deklab this NV update had a few others scattered about; Hoffman Estates, Glenview, Gary, Burbank.  Of course still waiting on a few, wouldn't be Sprint if we weren't still waiting on few tower upgrades though right!!! :P

• Like 4

Where is Mhammett jumping for joy?  The latest NV sites complete now shows all the towers in Dekalb are 3G/800/4G accepted!!  This is a miraculous day for our resident NIU Huskies homer!

Always nice to see Chicago actually get some LTE acceptances.  Besides Deklab this NV update had a few others scattered about; Hoffman Estates, Glenview, Gary, Burbank.  Of course still waiting on a few, wouldn't be Sprint if we weren't still waiting on few tower upgrades though right!!! :P

He is out running around in the blanket of lte goodness, know as sprint lte :)

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for B26 to be turn on here out in the burbs, having experinced B26 out in Austin Texas, gave me much more consisetent LTE connection

I'm still waiting for B26 to be turn on here out in the burbs, having experinced B26 out in Austin Texas, gave me much more consisetent LTE connection

Which burbs?  It's on in many places, not on in many others, but seems to be spreading fairly rapidly.

Which burbs?  It's on in many places, not on in many others, but seems to be spreading fairly rapidly.

Huh, thought my location already shows up under the avatar... guess not...

Southwest Burb in Dupage/Will... Bolingbrook, Naperville, Lisile, Downers Grove, Oak Brook, Westmont, ETC

Huh, thought my location already shows up under the avatar... guess not...

Southwest Burb in Dupage/Will... Bolingbrook, Naperville, Lisile, Downers Grove, Oak Brook, Westmont, ETC

Vince (username "Vince" :) ) has posted a number of B26 sightings in the S & SW suburbs in the Chicago Premier thread, and I have seen 6 B26's in the far Northwest just in the last couple of days (since I got my shiny new GS5).  There are others as well, but I don't recall all the details.  I'll put in a plug for becoming a Premier, I think Robert still has a promotional rate going (or probably would extend it, if you asked), because there is an enormous amount of B26/B41 info in the Premier threads.  There's a link in my signature.

Yeah. I've found 26 at least once in most of the south/west/southwest burbs. I live in Willowbrook and travel around Darien, Downers Grove, Oakbrook, etc., almost daily and all I can say is, it's in fact out there.

Edit: it's quite impressive what has happened around here in the last 2 months. The second carrier is pretty widespread, as well as 26. As Tommy has mentioned above, I have posted numerous locations in our premier thread where I've found things. I'm a local truck driver, and the perfect candidate for searching for all things network vision. :)

Yeah. I've found 26 at least once in most of the south/west/southwest burbs. I live in Willowbrook and travel around Darien, Downers Grove, Oakbrook, etc., almost daily and all I can say is, it's in fact out there.

Edit: it's quite impressive what has happened around here in the last 2 months. The second carrier is pretty widespread, as well as 26. As Tommy has mentioned above, I have posted numerous locations in our premier thread where I've found things. I'm a local truck driver, and the perfect candidate for searching for all things network vision. :)

I've seen the second carrier quite frequently, but not the B26, I guess I'll pay more attention to signal check and dump the log again to double check :)

• Like 1

Where is Mhammett jumping for joy? The latest NV sites complete now shows all the towers in Dekalb are 3G/800/4G accepted!! This is a miraculous day for our resident NIU Huskies homer!

Always nice to see Chicago actually get some LTE acceptances. Besides Deklab this NV update had a few others scattered about; Hoffman Estates, Glenview, Gary, Burbank. Of course still waiting on a few, wouldn't be Sprint if we weren't still waiting on few tower upgrades though right!!! :P

Two long days of tower work under my belt. I'll verify tomorrow.

Now I just need to make up my mind regarding which tri-band and phone I'll get and then do it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How long B26 been on in DeKalb?

I don't know bands, only frequencies. 1900 LTE has been in DeKalb for about a month, maybe more? I am unaware of any other Sprint LTE in DeKalb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't know bands, only frequencies. 1900 LTE has been in DeKalb for about a month, maybe more? I am unaware of any other Sprint LTE in DeKalb.

My friend from NIU is home for summer break and has a g2. I tried showing him how to check bands,but he couldn't care less. He did say service has recently improved around campus, though.

post-9904-140346465694_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I can confirm that last site in DeKalb is live. Praise Jebus! I got a -82 a mile or so away.

my phone connect only for few sec then it switched back to B25 or 3G . once near 1st street and Bethany Rd , 1st and dresser

my phone connect only for few sec then it switched back to B25 or 3G . once near 1st street and Bethany Rd , 1st and dresser

I don't have a tri-band phone yet, so I'll have to rely on others for that information.

I don't have a tri-band phone yet, so I'll have to rely on others for that information.

I wouldn't buy a tri-band phone that doesn't support carrier aggregation.  I think those devices are coming to Sprint in the 2nd half of this year. 

• Like 2

Don't know bands? Not sure if you're joking?

Band 26 = 800 LTE, Band 25 = 1900 LTE, Band 41 = 25/2600 LTE (Spark)