Mystery "Flagship" Phone coming soon!!!!

DasoMatic

So i work for Sprint as a Retail Consultant. And wanted to see everyone thoughts on what the next "Flagship" phone might be. Every time Sprint launches a "Flagship" Device a rep in every corporate store is chosen to be the advocate for the new device about a month before it launches. For example i was told about a month ago that I would be the Advocate for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Sprint never has an advocate for a device that is nothing to new or exciting. Well today at work we got word from Sprint that our store is to choose an advocate for a new device that will be coming real soon. Only problem is they didn't say for what device. This never happens. so what is it going to be? thoughts?

So i work for Sprint as a Retail Consultant. And wanted to see everyone thoughts on what the next "Flagship" phone might be. Every time Sprint launches a "Flagship" Device a rep in every corporate store is chosen to be the advocate for the new device about a month before it launches. For example i was told about a month ago that I would be the Advocate for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Sprint never has an advocate for a device that is nothing to new or exciting. Well today at work we got word from Sprint that our store is to choose an advocate for a new device that will be coming real soon. Only problem is they didn't say for what device. This never happens. so what is it going to be? thoughts?

Are you sure its a phone? Could it be a tablet, data card, mobile hotspot. or something like that?

The new Nokia phones are causing quite a stir. Maybe one of those.

edit: I'm thinking this because we haven't seen a lot of development or announcement buzz around a new phone. From this I'm figuring it's already a phone that's sort of done. Leads me to Galaxy SIII (Which I doubt since it would cut the life of the nexus dramatically short) or a Lumia device which supports LTE and the Windows Phone Developers Summit is on June 20th may hold some surprises.

edit 2: Also there have been mystery benchmarks showing up on WP and I haven't heard of anything new on Android. Direct competition to the Evo and Nexus seems a little crazy right now.

Edited by Contreramanjaro

To me, since it's not on the LTE lab reports, it would have to be either a non LTE device or a major blockbuster device that may not go through the labs.

Although, it may be the one shown in the Lab schedule for August/Sept release. They may just be ramping up early. Heck, they may even be releasing early. The EVO LTE is out three weeks early from the development schedule.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

It has been quite a few years since Sprint has had a Nokia device and Nokia has been struggling in the US in recent years. So that would be a nice addition. But when was the last time Nokia was carried by a major CDMA carrier?

Sadly I think it will more likely be something from someone like ZTE and will end up a phone the like Echo. But hears to the hopes of something new and better and waiting until later on the GS3.

So 2 of the requirements for the advocate are that they must be familiar with android and they can not take any time off in June. They are also asking us to submit our t shirt sizes for the shirts we will wear on launch day of this device.

• Like 3

LG Eclipse may be it. My only thoughts on this are that LG has never done an Advocate device however based on the specs for it i could see it being the first. My guess on the mystery phone was for it to be the Galaxy Note/Journal. thoughts?

Looks like it will be the SGS3!!! Didn't think it would come this Quick!!

You and me both. I will be pre-ordering!

Robert

What is the source of this information?

Nothing is Official from from sprint yet. However based on the fact that they have had the Corporate stores select an advocate for a new up and coming device. and stated that the one chosen could not take any Payed Time Off in June. plus this article. http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/galaxy-s3/ leads me to believe it will be here this month or beginning of July.

I just don't know if I would go with Samsung again after getting out of my epic. Their hardware just seems half baked and their flaky radios. Never liked them even in the flip phone days. I always called them samsuck.

Curious to see if they get this one right. It sure looks cool with all those features including the 2gb of RAM. Wow.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I just don't know if I would go with Samsung again after getting out of my epic. Their hardware just seems half baked and their flaky radios. Never liked them even in the flip phone days. I always called them samsuck.

Curious to see if they get this one right. It sure looks cool with all those features including the 2gb of RAM. Wow.

I never noticed much of a difference between my E4GT and the OG EVO radios in performance. And I'm not seeing much difference between the E4GT and EVO LTE so far.

I never used the OG Epic before though.

I never noticed much of a difference between my E4GT and the OG EVO radios in performance. And I'm not seeing much difference between the E4GT and EVO LTE so far.

I never used the OG Epic before though.

Very erratic signal indicator. Would cycle to zero bars for no reason and stay there for a bit. Sometimes it would stall your data connection. The PCS roaming bug was a huge issue as well. Roaming took a while to come back and forth. If you looked in the debug screen you would notice the radio would report the signal in increments of 7. Sometimes I would have cycle the radio after going through a no coverage area like an elevator. Otherwise the radio would be hung up.

Even after only having the new EVO for a couple of days I remember the solid radio of the HTC from my TP2 days.