Mystery "Flagship" Phone coming soon!!!!

DasoMatic

Wouldn't that mean that the Sprint version would also have

1-a sim card for that to work and

2-Roaming agreements for LTE or is it just 3G/GSM agreements?

TS

I wonder if there will be a SIM that's user accessible on Sprint's version. Samsung doesn't appear to be making a whole lot of changes between carriers. Also, all versions come with micro SIM slot, so space shouldn't be an issue as with the HTC One X and Evo LTE

• Like 2

We will get the color options of Blue or white for sprint.

Yes. Both blue and white are available, as well as 16 or 32gb. They're on Sprints web page now.

My calendar app freezes and crashes all the time since I upgraded my E4GT to ICS. I can definitely confirm that.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Which ROM are you using right now? I have tried several, but currently toying with Frankenstein's Ego 5.1

Which ROM are you using right now? I have tried several' date=' but currently toying with Frankenstein's Ego 5.1[/quote']

I last was running Calkulins ICS v1.6. However, my E4GT is just sitting on a shelf now that I'm playing with a Galaxy Nexus.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I last was running Calkulins ICS v1.6. However, my E4GT is just sitting on a shelf now that I'm playing with a Galaxy Nexus.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

How are you liking the Nexus? I almost switched one of my devices out for the pure google experience of the galaxy nexus, but there were too many carrots dangling in front of me. The old Nexus S isn't too bad, but is collecting dust

How are you liking the Nexus? I almost switched one of my devices out for the pure google experience of the galaxy nexus, but there were too many carrots dangling in front of me. The old Nexus S isn't too bad, but is collecting dust

I like the GNex a lot. But I have a few caveats. Here is my breakdown:

PROS

• Love the sleek black front with no logo or capacitive buttons
  • Love the vanilla Android experience. Love it!!!
  • Love the standby battery life...drops like 1% per hour, even in CDMA/LTE mode
  • Feels very high quality for a plastic device
  • I like the integrated home/back/window buttons in Android 4.0 in the GNex
  • Feels faster and more nimble than the E4GT, especially compared to the E4GT on ICS

CONS

• Poor CDMA radio experience. I was always defending the E4GT as very little difference from the EVO. However, the GNex is a noticeably weaker performer than the E4GT.
  • WiFi performance is slightly reduced over the E4GT. My bed, which is farthest spot in my house from the router, I used to get -55 to -60dBm WiFi signal on my E4GT, I now get -70 to 75dBm. I can use WiFi in my gazebo on all my devices, except the GNex is just out of range.
  • Battery life during active use is not as good as I expected. Seems slightly worse than the E4GT during active use. I was expecting an improvement.
  • The triple dot menu for use within apps get shoved all the way to the right hand side of the menu bar and can be difficult to use when one handed (like in a car).
  • The status bar is pretty small (thin) at the top and can be difficult to read in the car, and almost impossible if you add a little direct sunlight in the mix.
  • The pentile display is more than adequate, and isn't as bad as many people claim. But it is noticeable. And the screen seems noticeably smaller than the E4GT, even though it is technically larger.
  • The unlock button, when you slide it to the right has a tendency to spring back and engage the camera on the other side instead of just unlocking the phone. Especially when unlocking one handed.
  • Roam Control doesn't work. But I found a work around using Verizon PRL's and Anycut.
  • No SD card slot. For me, it's not a big deal for capacity. It comes with 32GB of internal storage. I can't imagine though the VZW 16GB version with no SD card slot. I didn't use up the 32GB of internal/SD I had on my E4GT. However, without the SD card slot, all my music and files are still sitting in my SD card because I have been too lazy to move them to my computer and then to my device. It's always a tomorrow project. So I still have no tunes on my GNex!!!

Although there were lots of criticisms about the camera, I like it. Seems to take better pics than the E4GT, albeit less MP's. I personally don't need more than 5MP's. It can be 8, 12 or 13...doesn't matter to me. 5 MP's is a minimum for me, but quality is more important than MP's. More MP's just means more wasted storage space for pics. I only take larger than 5MP photos if it is for something I may want to blow up to a poster size some day. It definitely takes better photos than the OG EVO.

All things considered, even though there are more negatives than positives above, I really love the phone. The only con to me that makes it difficult for me is the radio performance. If I spent most of my time in an urban/suburban area, it would likely not be a problem. But I spend most of my time in rural areas, and on the road. So, for me, it's been a love/hate thing. I love the device, but I am hoping for a much better radio in my GS3 that should arrive next week!

Robert

• Like 2

LOL, all my music is still on my old SD card as well...

Sent from my CM9 Toro

I migrated everything to Google Music last year, but still have about 20 gigs of it on a few of my microsd's. If only S Voice could control google music and not just local files i would be happier then a monkey with shitty hands

I migrated everything to Google Music last year, but still have about 20 gigs of it on a few of my microsd's. If only S Voice could control google music and not just local files i would be happier then a monkey with shitty hands

That's why I don't miss having it on the phone.

Sent from my CM9 Toro

Id buy one in Sprint yellow. But I have a feeling I'm a part of a very small minority on that one. Maybe get it emblazoned with the S4GRU logo?

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Count me in that minority with you. Although I'd like mine without any logos.

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

• Like 1