Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That I'm not sure. I don't recall seeing that. I don't want to click on add to cart and my current plan goes away. If they are charging a fee to switch that's dumb as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They wont charge you. Thats mentionned to cover their ass for the upgrade fee if you upgrade when you change.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong. But is there a $30 fee to switch to this plan?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

There was no switching fee that showed up in my cart when I was going through the process of switching. I don't think I've ever encountered a switching fee when switching plans through Sprint.

• Like 1

Hrm, questions on this new 60 + 40 2nd + 30 each additional line plan compared to someone currently still on a full Framily for Rocket or any other Sprint employees we have here:

(1.) Are the 'unlimited' charges built into the new plan charges already, or is there any separate fee per line for that still?  I don't see anything in the fine print to indicate the latter but just making sure.

(2.)  The fine print mentions $30/line activation fee - surely that wouldn't apply if you're already an existing customer that changed plans?

(3.) "Discounted phones are subject to additional $25/line charge?" - guessing that just means 2-year subsidy scenarios, but just looking for confirmation of that.

(4.)  How are employer discounts applied now if 'unlimited' isn't a separate charge?  Are we back to a percentage of the total line cost then, meaning for a 4-line scenario of $160, 20% off would actually bring you down to $128? 

(5.) Saw the mention of autopay discount - if you do this (I currently do), what is the discount, a flat dollar amount?  (Disregard, see followup post below)

(6.)  The fine print on this new plan showing on my account mentions 'up to $2.50 Admin' charge per month, and for some reason my current Framily billing has a $9.95/month Admin charge - is the 2.50 max an actual change I'd see if I switched going forward, or is there something I'm missing with the current $9.95 charge on the Framily plan such that it would stay and the $2.50 would be in addition to what I currently carry?

Just trying to figure out hard numbers - thanks in advance to anyone that can shed any light on the above.

• Like 1

Disregard question #5 above, I see now that Autopay is what gets you to the 60 vs 65 on line one.   The version of this I initially saw is what you see if you go right to Shop - Plan - Unlimited plans when logged into your account instead of the screenshot from actually going into the Change Plan process itself which details the $5/line discount for autopay - I missed that originally.

Hrm, questions on this new 60 + 40 2nd + 30 each additional line plan compared to someone currently still on a full Framily for Rocket or any other Sprint employees we have here:

(1.) Are the 'unlimited' charges built into the new plan charges already, or is there any separate fee per line for that still? I don't see anything in the fine print to indicate the latter but just making sure.

(2.) The fine print mentions $30/line activation fee - surely that wouldn't apply if you're already an existing customer that changed plans?

(3.) "Discounted phones are subject to additional $25/line charge?" - guessing that just means 2-year subsidy scenarios, but just looking for confirmation of that.

(4.) How are employer discounts applied now if 'unlimited' isn't a separate charge? Are we back to a percentage of the total line cost then, meaning for a 4-line scenario of $160, 20% off would actually bring you down to $128?

(5.) Saw the mention of autopay discount - if you do this (I currently do), what is the discount, a flat dollar amount? (Disregard, see followup post below)

(6.) The fine print on this new plan showing on my account mentions 'up to $2.50 Admin' charge per month, and for some reason my current Framily billing has a $9.95/month Admin charge - is the 2.50 max an actual change I'd see if I switched going forward, or is there something I'm missing with the current $9.95 charge on the Framily plan such that it would stay and the $2.50 would be in addition to what I currently carry?

Just trying to figure out hard numbers - thanks in advance to anyone that can shed any light on the above.

1. There are no extra charges, on the bill it will show line 1 $65/60/55 line 2 $45/40/35 line 3-10 $35/30/25

Base/autopay/autopay + employer discount.

2 . activation/upgrade fee is only if you buy a new phone

3. Yes if you are on a 2 year you will pay that $25 penalty. It would be better for you to upgrade even if its just to a tribute hd which is $120/ $5 a month and switch backn to your own phone rather than pay that fee.

4. Employer discounts are a flat $5 off each line. Look at #2

5. Answered

6. Its up to $2.50 per line. Do you have like 4 lines? Pretty sure up to $2.t0 admin charge per a line is currently what any sprint customer pays on any plan.

Hope that helps some

• Like 5

4. Employer discounts are a flat $5 off each line. Look at #2

6. Its up to $2.50 per line. Do you have like 4 lines? Pretty sure up to $2.t0 admin charge per a line is currently what any sprint customer pays on any plan.

Hope that helps some

It does, thanks - so basically $10/line total discount with both employer discount qualification and autopay in use.   Admin fee makes sense now, I wasn't thinking per line on the existing charge.  

So $180 for 4 lines to start before discounts, with autopay & employer discount applied it would be $140 total if figuring right?  55 + 35 + 25 + 25 = 140  (the Shop - Plan - Unlimited graphic when logged into an existing account needs updating tor clarity btw, because it shows 60 x1/40 2nd/30 each additional for the per line charges, and no asterisk nor no mention of autopay being in play in the fine print for those figures, which is majorly confusing, as it clearly says "The best plan for our loyal customers" but it sounds more like that's meant for new customers)

For the employer discount change, is that going to be the status quo going forward I guess now? No more differential between through whom you get one, just either you qualify for one or you don't and its a flat rate for everyone?

I'm curious about a few things also, so if anyone has gone through the steps or know first hand, I wouldn't mind some help.

1-specifically on that employee discount question as well. I'm still a bit confused on that. So its only $5 for each device and employee discounts will no longer be applied?

2-Also as I go through the plan change steps on a test run, it also shows an additional $20 for Premium Streaming. But it doesn't specify if that is for each device on the account or for the total account regardless of how many devices you have on the account. 

3-I can't for the life of me figure out my hotspot usage on the new website, so I really do not know if I'll go over the allocated 5GB in a month. What happens when you do?

4-Speaking of the 5GB Hotspot, is that for each line or for all devices in total.

Either way for two lines, what used to cost me $180 on the 60GB Shared line for two phones would probably cost me now $139 a month if my calculations are correct or less with the discounts. This might be worth switching to after all. 

SprintCompare.png

TS

• Like 1

I'm curious about a few things also, so if anyone has gone through the steps or know first hand, I wouldn't mind some help.

1-specifically on that employee discount question as well. I'm still a bit confused on that. So its only $5 for each device and employee discounts will no longer be applied?

2-Also as I go through the plan change steps on a test run, it also shows an additional $20 for Premium Streaming. But it doesn't specify if that is for each device on the account or for the total account regardless of how many devices you have on the account.

3-I can't for the life of me figure out my hotspot usage on the new website, so I really do not know if I'll go over the allocated 5GB in a month. What happens when you do?

4-Speaking of the 5GB Hotspot, is that for each line or for all devices in total.

Either way for two lines, what used to cost me $180 on the 60GB Shared line for two phones would probably cost me now $139 a month if my calculations are correct or less with the discounts. This might be worth switching to after all.

attachicon.gif SprintCompare.png

TS

Answering to the best of my abilities :)

1- $5 employee discount per line if you're on UF plans that don't have promo pricing. For example, if you get current $50/UF promo, $5/line employee discount doesn't kick in until the plan goes back to full price on 3/31/18.

2- the premium steaming is set per line as well, but they are supposed to be launching the promo prices for current customers in the next few days. (Could even be live now) [new plan is UF plus 10GB hotspot plus 1080P video and upgraded game/audio streaming.

3- if you exceed hotspot limits with UF, you get bumped to 2G speeds for the rest of the cycle

4- yes hotspot allowance is per line, so each would get their own 5GB or 10GB with new plan

Definitely the cost is a reason to go with sprint. I'm saving about $40 a month on just one line - which makes a difference for sure.

Also, if you're a member of a credit union, be sure to check out the "I Love My Credit Union" sprint rewards program. $100 bonus if you switch to sprint and a $50 loyalty bonus every year afterward.

• Like 2

Funny thing, Sprint was supposed to call me today after a few remarks I made on twitter... guess what? no phone call today. I am really disappointed, they must really want a merger.

Its a pretty hectic time im sure, im sorry they didnt call you back yet. But good newss is marcelo has announced all people whether new or current customer will get the 10gb of hotspot and hd for free.

• Like 5

Its a pretty hectic time im sure, im sorry they didnt call you back yet. But good newss is marcelo has announced all people whether new or current customer will get the 10gb of hotspot and hd for free.

Unlimited HD and 10 Gig hotspot will likely overload all networks fairly quickly.  Give this service to everybody and there will be people that abuse it

Unlimited HD and 10 Gig hotspot will likely overload all networks fairly quickly. Give this service to everybody and there will be people that abuse it

That's what 22gb deprioritization is for.

• Like 4

Unlimited HD and 10 Gig hotspot will likely overload all networks fairly quickly. Give this service to everybody and there will be people that abuse it

That's what 22gb deprioritization is for.

I think over time things will level out after the newness wares off with people after a month or so of having it. There will be some who will cancel their home internet because they have 10gb of hotspot. To me that's dumb

• Like 3

Haha... So Sprint finally called me after another tweet, they're not even trying to keep me. The plan that they now offer all customers is as good as they can do, which by the way is $10 more a month from the start. Time to look into Verizon, can't believe I am saying this. 

• Like 2

Haha... So Sprint finally called me after another tweet, they're not even trying to keep me. The plan that they now offer all customers is as good as they can do, which by the way is $10 more a month from the start. Time to look into Verizon, can't believe I am saying this.

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. After going back and forth with them about my data services degrading in my home when it wasn't like this before and them saying no work is planned, I have no choice but to leave as well. I'm just waiting for my iPhone to unlock.

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. After going back and forth with them about my data services degrading in my home when it wasn't like this before and them saying no work is planned, I have no choice but to leave as well. I'm just waiting for my iPhone to unlock.

I just wish the S8 was released, may have to hold off a few months. Don't want to buy an S7 Edge right before the new ones drop.

• Like 2

This was recently posted on the Sprint subreddit. This looks like it only applies to those currently on Unlimited Freedom plans. It would also explain why no one is telling you anything.

It seems like the new plan which is $10 more is mainly for those on legacy plans like ED1500.

• Like 1

This was recently posted on the Sprint subreddit. This looks like it only applies to those currently on Unlimited Freedom plans. It would also explain why no one is telling you anything.

It seems like the new plan which is $10 more is mainly for those on legacy plans like ED1500.

I think if they just added the 10GB mobile hotspot for all plans it would make a lot of people happy. Old plan or not let it be a free addon. I would be happy with that and would stay for the time being.

• Like 1

Well at least Sprint will finally do the right thing and give all current Unlimited Freedom customers the ability to upgrade for FREE to the 10 GB hotspot and HD video streaming.  One step in the right direction. 

However Sprint is still failing to make an effort to offer current loyal customers not on Unlimited Freedom (ex: ED1500, Framily, Unlimited All-In, SERO, etc) any deals that would be save them money.  Sprint should offer a 5 lines for $130 deal for current customers and I bet they will be a ton of Sprint customers flocking to that deal.

Well at least Sprint will finally do the right thing and give all current Unlimited Freedom customers the ability to upgrade for FREE to the 10 GB hotspot and HD video streaming. One step in the right direction.

However Sprint is still failing to make an effort to offer current loyal customers not on Unlimited Freedom (ex: ED1500, Framily, Unlimited All-In, SERO, etc) any deals that would be save them money. Sprint should offer a 5 lines for $130 deal for current customers and I bet they will be a ton of Sprint customers flocking to that deal.

Framily is as cheap as it's going to get. Plus it has no data restrictions on gaming, music, or videos. SERO is probably still a deal even without 2 year subsidies.

Really, the only plan left to offer an alternative to is ED1500/450 plans. And you'd figure it would be priority #1 as these are loyal customers and Sprint could sneak in newer network restrictions (23GB deprioritization) to counter network congestion.

• Like 3