Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Well guys I crossed over to he dark side. I really didn't want to leave Sprint but I had no choice due to my data issues for the past 5 months. Even though I'm with Verizon, I am still going to stay active on this site because I'm still rooting for Sprint and it's progress I hope they will make this year. You never know I may end up back with them down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Well guys I crossed over to he dark side. I really didn't want to leave Sprint but I had no choice due to my data issues for the past 5 months. Even though I'm with Verizon, I am still going to stay active on this site because I'm still rooting for Sprint and it's progress I hope they will make this year. You never know I may end up back with them down the road.

How are you liking it

How are you liking it

It's good honestly. My data works in my home now. I'm getting atleast 20 down. Kinda strange to see lte at the top of my phone when I place a call too. I will say they got me in and out within 30 mins of walking in the store but think that was due to me having a device that was unlocked.

• Like 1

The merge was in play for several months, since Sprint wasn't spending money on their network. The VZ unlimited data was basically the final nail on the coffin.

A company ready to sell do this:

Cut massive budgets, and spending

Start paying down the debt

Acquire customers even if they are discount ones to make the sale more attractive

Finally Did anyone here assume Marcelo was going to stay in Kansas City long term? Nothing wrong with the city, but this dude is a Miami party man.

Not to mention Marcelo had to neglect the Miami MLS thing until it died, which I'm sure doesn't sit well with him. 

Not to mention Marcelo had to neglect the Miami MLS thing until it died, which I'm sure doesn't sit well with him.

That's up on Beckham. Marcelo is just an investor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tmobile has been using the MetroPCS prepaid arm to destroy the Sprint brand even further ,Legere is a cold assassin. This basically makes people believe that  the Sprint network is basically a cheap prepaid one.

• Like 4

Tmobile has been using the MetroPCS prepaid arm to destroy the Sprint brand even further ,Legere is a cold assassin. This basically makes people believe that the Sprint network is basically a cheap prepaid one.

Funny you said that because you never hear T-Mobile going after Sprint in any of their ads on tv. You only hear Sprint when it's in a Metro commercial which turns Sprint into a prepaid carrier like you said. Not going to lie, it's clever marketing.

• Like 4

Haha... So Sprint finally called me after another tweet, they're not even trying to keep me. The plan that they now offer all customers is as good as they can do, which by the way is $10 more a month from the start. Time to look into Verizon, can't believe I am saying this.

The deal at Verizon is amazing!

I went to a Verizon store last night and spke with a very nice sales guy, very honest too about things I knew, didn't try to upsell and spoke to me as I already knew things rather than as a dump uneducated consumer which some of these carrier store employees do. Also, the professionalism he presented was very different than what I've encountered at Sprint stores, so you probably wouldn't have much concern visiting a Verizon corporate store, other than there are some Verizon store employees who can be a bit arrogant.

Anyways, from my experience, he verified all the pricing estimations I had done earlier in the day on what I want to get. My mother doesn't want autopay, so it'll be a bit more costly, though certainly nothing bad. $85 for unlimited data, then $5 for the smartwatch plan add-on, since it would be easier for my mother to use a smartwatch than a smartphone she's had difficulty with. Probably going to get the new LG Watch Sport.

He also talked with me about the issues I've suddenly been having with my AT&T Uverse Home internet, which has been problematic ever since upgrading to the 45mbps plan last week and AT&T replacing the gateway I had, which they said I needed, in order to get the faster speeds. I'm now hoping when they send their top level technician over on Tuesday, they will replace the current awful Pace 5268 gateway with the better working Arris NVG599 gateway people online say is a much better gateway.

• Like 2

Framily is as cheap as it's going to get. Plus it has no data restrictions on gaming, music, or videos. SERO is probably still a deal even without 2 year subsidies.

Really, the only plan left to offer an alternative to is ED1500/450 plans. And you'd figure it would be priority #1 as these are loyal customers and Sprint could sneak in newer network restrictions (23GB deprioritization) to counter network congestion.

I dont know about SERO for a single line. Without the 2 year subsidies, I dont think it is that much better than the current Unlimited Freedom plan. At least the new plan includes 10 GB of hotspot tethering. Never really understood the pricing of Framily so ill take ur word for it. I think the biggest group getting screwed is the ED1500 plan customers especially if there is no corporate discount.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I dont know about SERO for a single line. Without the 2 year subsidies, I dont think it is that much better than the current Unlimited Freedom plan. At least the new plan includes 10 GB of hotspot tethering. Never really understood the pricing of Framily so ill take ur word for it. I think the biggest group getting screwed is the ED1500 plan customers especially if there is no corporate discount.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Framily could get down to like $37 per line (maybe it was $45 or $50 or so with unlimited) if you had 7 or more people (found easily through reddit). Sprint's unlimited promo they ran last year with the 4th line free (without expiration) was a bit cheaper, at $37.50 per line ($150 total) before taxes and fees, and has no throttling other than deprioritization after 23GB, plus 3GB of hotspot. That's still the best plan for a group of 4 that I've seen on Sprint, and I think is cheaper than ED1500 once you add in phone payments.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Framily could get down to like $37 per line (maybe it was $45 or $50 or so with unlimited) if you had 7 or more people (found easily through reddit). Sprint's unlimited promo they ran last year with the 4th line free (without expiration) was a bit cheaper, at $37.50 per line ($150 total) before taxes and fees, and has no throttling other than deprioritization after 23GB, plus 3GB of hotspot. That's still the best plan for a group of 4 that I've seen on Sprint, and I think is cheaper than ED1500 once you add in phone payments.

Sent from my Pixel XL

45 for unlimited data per line or 35 (3gb) / 25(1gb) when you had 7 minimum with annual upgrades (now +$5) included if u had unlimited data.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We have 7 lines on our Framily, and we pay around $37.50 for each of our 4 lines with unlimited data. ($45 base price + $20 for unlimited - $20 for having 7+ lines - $7.50 employer discount). I don't think we will ever get a better deal than that. That's why we stay with Sprint (also, we don't really have any network issues anymore so we're fine with the network performance).

-Anthony

• Like 3

I think over time things will level out after the newness wares off with people after a month or so of having it. There will be some who will cancel their home internet because they have 10gb of hotspot. To me that's dumb

Jeez, 10 GB is absolutely nowhere near enough for us to use a month. Lol. I can blow through that by myself in one day on our home internet. We use upwards of 600-700 GB's per month. I can't believe there are people who use that little data a month on their home internet.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Also, this is what I'm getting on the Sprint site right now:

http://imgur.com/a/ZeKpF

-Anthony

Edit:

This also comes up too when I try and fiddle around with some of the links on the site:

http://imgur.com/a/8iwni

Jeez, 10 GB is absolutely nowhere near enough for us to use a month. Lol. I can blow through that by myself in one day on our home internet. We use upwards of 600-700 GB's per month. I can't believe there are people who use that little data a month on their home internet.

-Anthony

It is because most folks use an internet service provider for their home internet, not their cell phone carrier. Judas Freaking Priest, 700GB per month.  

• Like 4

-Anthony

Yea over on Reddit I've seen so many posts of people saying they are considering getting a unlimited plan for the hotspot since it's unlimited and using it as their source of internet for their home and cancelling the home isp. I mean it's high speed but it's going to slow down to either 3G or 2g afterwards no matter what carrier you get.

I'm considering taking the new plan offered for current customers at 65 (60 with autopay) which would place those couple of restrictions but allow the 10GB of tethering. I currently have the iPhone unlimited for 60 with no tethering ability. TBH how much of a restriction is it really having 1.5Mbps for audio and 8Mbps for gaming?

• Like 1

It is because most folks use an internet service provider for their home internet, not their cell phone carrier. Judas Freaking Priest, 700GB per month.  

That's what I'm saying. I can't believe that there are people that would get rid of their home ISP for 10 GB of monthly tethering. Not that I would ever use use my cellular carrier as my home ISP, but 10 GB is nowhere near enough for us.

Is 700 GB's on a home ISP a lot for you? We have four people in my house, all with their own computer and cell phone that run on the WiFi. Along with multiple people who come over every day and also use the WiFi. And I also stream almost all of my video content, and play online games almost every night. Along with downloading things. All of that data adds up. Lol.

-Anthony

Yea over on Reddit I've seen so many posts of people saying they are considering getting a unlimited plan for the hotspot since it's unlimited and using it as their source of internet for their home and cancelling the home isp. I mean it's high speed but it's going to slow down to either 3G or 2g afterwards no matter what carrier you get.

Yeah I've seen those people too. It's a shame that people would do such a thing. They either don't realize how much of a burden they will be on the network, or they just don't care. 

-Anthony

• Like 1

I'm considering taking the new plan offered for current customers at 65 (60 with autopay) which would place those couple of restrictions but allow the 10GB of tethering. I currently have the iPhone unlimited for 60 with no tethering ability. TBH how much of a restriction is it really having 1.5Mbps for audio and 8Mbps for gaming?

I generally dislike speed restrictions based on usage, though I support speed caps if they are applied equally on all forms of usage. However, Sprint's upgraded limits are much better than before, as they accommodate most HD audio and video, so I don't view it as an issue. The problem Sprint might have by these limits though, is how the limits may affect Sprint's network reputation in contrast with other carriers that do not have these limits.

Sprint has a lot of spectrum and could develop a network with that spectrum which would easily eclipse their competition in terms of quality. Yet, Sprint is not spending the money need to do this, which is looked at differently by various people. Some say Sprint simply cannot afford it, while others, such as myself, believe Sprint can afford it, but are waiting to spend the money on a potential merger with T-Mobile, which has its supporters and then those who think its a mistake trying to do this.

Personally, While I'd like for Sprint to spend the money on the network instead, as I know it will help Sprint drastically to do so and greatly benefit its customers, I also believe an attempted merger with T-Mobile will fail. Then again, I somewhat want Sprint to at least try to make an official offer for T-Mobile, as I believe it will spark a major merger war.

I believe if that happens, AT&T will make an offer for T-Mobile, and Verizon might make an offer for Sprint or Dish, while Dish itself might make a counter offer for T-Mobile, or perhaps vice versa. Since reading the Open Signal reports the other day, I've been quite surprised how bad AT&T has fallen. If T-Mobile gets Dish, in the sense DT buys out Dish, rather than Dish buying out T-Mobile, then AT&T will have a major competitor that could dethrone its position as one of the "big two". T-Mobile is getting very close to being in the big two, which a merger with Dish and its spectrum/tv broadcasting, would put it right there waiting to get enough customers that would officially put AT&T in third place. This is why more than ever, AT&T needs to try getting T-Mobile, whatever the cost.

You know what's crazy depressing? Everyone here is complaining at not getting a break as an existing customer, where Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T all came out with newer plans which the VAST MAJORITY of their base switched to already. Thus the newer offers work better for them because they are already on higher plans.

No one seems to make an apples to apples comparison, just moving goal posts.

• Like 1