DesotoTyler

Sprint 850 MHz is so Congested.

The 850 MHz LTE Sprint network is so congested in De Soto MO. I also have proof on my SDR Radio.

My SDR Radio can only show 1.920 MHz of the 5 MHz wide LTE Signal.

post-61671-0-77676400-1486187291_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The 850 MHz LTE Sprint network is so congested in De Soto MO. I also have proof on my SDR Radio.

My SDR Radio can only show 1.920 MHz of the 5 MHz wide LTE Signal.

attachicon.gif SPRINT LTE.jpg

It's actually 800 MHz. That's why I wish Sprint had or could get their hands on more Spectrum to Widen it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's actually 800 MHz. That's why I wish Sprint had or could get their hands on more Spectrum to Widen it.

Isn't the 850mhz band a subset of band 26? I wonder if sprint can trade spectrum with US Cell or other carrier to widen it in the future

Isn't the 850mhz band a subset of band 26? I wonder if sprint can trade spectrum with US Cell or other carrier to widen it in the future

It is a superset. Though I was told it couldn't be used to widen. Hopefully someone that knows more will comment.

Sprint owns a special LTE band License for most of the USA.

Sprint owns a special LTE band License for most of the USA.

Yes... But is is SMR. Classified as 800, not 850.

Sent from my LG G5

"On the surface, it might seem logical to expect that Sprint would be interested in 800 MHz spectrum that recently was made available, but FCC rules associated with rebanding forbid the carrier to hold licenses for frequencies between 851 MHz and 862 MHz."

http://m.urgentcomm.com/spectrumfrequency-coordination/fair-warning-sprint-we-can-t-buy-800-mhz-spectrum-we-just-returned-fc

"On the surface, it might seem logical to expect that Sprint would be interested in 800 MHz spectrum that recently was made available, but FCC rules associated with rebanding forbid the carrier to hold licenses for frequencies between 851 MHz and 862 MHz."

http://m.urgentcomm.com/spectrumfrequency-coordination/fair-warning-sprint-we-can-t-buy-800-mhz-spectrum-we-just-returned-fc

I wonder if that will ever change and, that Sprint will be allowed to buy it back?

I wonder if that will ever change and, that Sprint will be allowed to buy it back?

Does not matter.  Most of that spectrum is outside of band 26, is in band 27, hence incompatible with Sprint equipment.

AJ

The LTE signal is 5 or 10 MHz signal.

It's also above a SPRINT CDMA signal.

Also below a x3 VERIZON CDMA signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not matter. Most of that spectrum is outside of band 26, is in band 27, hence incompatible with Sprint equipment.

AJ

Yes, but no. Although B26 covers 814-849 and 859-894, BC10 covers down to 806mhz on the uplink and 851mhz on the downlink. If Sprint were able to acquire some of the SMR spectrum below their current holdings, they could expand their B26 LTE carrier to a 10mhz FDD carrier (814-824 and 859-869) and push their 1x carrier into the spectrum below B26 but included in BC10.

• Like 1

The LTE signal is 5 or 10 MHz signal.

It's also above a SPRINT CDMA signal.

Also below a x3 VERIZON CDMA signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what point you're trying to make here? Also, how does posting the spectrum analyzer image prove anything is congested? 

Yes, but no. Although B26 covers 814-849 and 859-894, BC10 covers down to 806mhz on the uplink and 851mhz on the downlink. If Sprint were able to acquire some of the SMR spectrum below their current holdings, they could expand their B26 LTE carrier to a 10mhz FDD carrier (814-824 and 859-869) and push their 1x carrier into the spectrum below B26 but included in BC10.

Nope, still a pipe dream.  Only non cellular operations are permitted below 815 MHz x 860 MHz.  Moreover, some Sprint devices are not FCC tested/authorized in band class 10 below channel 476.

800bandplan1X.png

AJ

• Like 1

Nope, still a pipe dream. Only non cellular operations are permitted below 815 MHz x 860 MHz. Moreover, some Sprint devices are not FCC tested/authorized in band class 10 below channel 476.

800bandplan1X.png

AJ

This whole scanrio was based on the hypothetical idea that Sprint could use sub 815x860 spectrum for LTE…

• Like 1

This whole scanrio was based on the hypothetical idea that Sprint could use sub 815x860 spectrum for LTE…

Yeah, and hypothetically, monkeys might fly out of my butt.

AJ

• Like 4

AJ

Thank you for your usual constructive commentary.

• Like 6

AJ

Or the Falcons might have really won the Superbowl last night.

ALTERNATIVE FACTS

Or the Falcons might have really won the Superbowl last night.

ALTERNATIVE FACTS

Man I wish ????.

And this is from a 3x3 carrier. I'm trying to enjoy it while I have the chance ????

Screenshot_20170206_232049.png

Screenshot_20170206_232957.png

• Like 4

Thank you for your usual constructive commentary.

Earlier, I did provide provide "constructive commentary."  With useful facts, I closed the book on your hypothetical idea.

But, hey, if you want to continue to play fantasy scenarios, you and Arysyn can go get a room together.

AJ

• Like 4

And this is from a 3x3 carrier. I'm trying to enjoy it while I have the chance

Screenshot_20170206_232049.png

Oh wow, I didn't know they were doing 3 Mhz channels.

Only in Canada and Mexico boundary. I found it in a area in Minnesota close to Canada.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, there's only 10 sites in the Cleveland market that even have 5x5MHz of 800 LTE. The rest are close enough, or within one of the IBEZ contours to be 3x3 only. Dkyeager was the first one to point out to me that a 5x5 B26 carrier is currently not feasible here because of the current CDMA voice carrier channel assignment, which is 526. The signals would overlap and interfere with each other.

Edited by Joski1624

And this is from a 3x3 carrier. I'm trying to enjoy it while I have the chance

What app are you using that could show Bandwidth? Does it require root?

What app are you using that could show Bandwidth? Does it require root?

The debug screen on Samsung devices shows bandwidth

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk