Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'm so confused. SignalCheck Pro is giving me an address for the tower I'm connected to. But, the tower/antenna doesn't show up on antennasearch.com and when I drive to that location, there is nothing around. I want to physically see these towers. What am I doing wrong?

The app gets the coordinates that the tower is broadcasting, and the tower doesn't always broadcast the right coordinates soem times their is an offset.

Not all sites have to be on antenna search.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Become a sponsor and see a map of the tower locations.  

• Like 1

The app gets the coordinates that the tower is broadcasting, and the tower doesn't always broadcast the right coordinates soem times their is an offset.

Not all sites have to be on antenna search.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Become a sponsor and see a map of the tower locations.  

Yup, just found that answer from the dev:

This question is coming up so often I'm going to have to create a FAQ and put this at the top. The BSL displays the address the site is broadcasting. In many parts of the country, Sprint sites do not broadcast their exact location, but instead use an offset of a short distance. If you circumnavigate a site, you will probably get three different BSL's the same distance from the actual site, each representing a sector.

Other carriers do different things with the BSL; for example, Verizon completely blocks it. Unfortunately, the app has no way of knowing if the location is exact or an offset; it just displays the information it's receiving.

This whole week I've been getting 4G on and off on the lower East Side. Every time 4G does pop up, it has shotty speeds. Looks like a sign of testing :)

Yeah it's extremely spotty. Walked around last night and my friend was getting it and I wasn't. The service right now is incredible though. I have had 5 bars throughout most of the day.

It'd be amazing if they would release it soon though. I move in 3 weeks and I am stuck in a house with no Internet. I would hotspot my phone.

Edited by johnathonb

Almost got excited. Was having a drink with a friend near Capitol and Calhoun and looked at my phone.. 4G! Drove E and W on Capitol and N and S on Calhoun and never gained stronger LTE so that signal must have been from somewhere else. Mapped what I could though :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Got a lte signal tonight at Hubbard park in Shorewood. Must have been the estabrook tower. 5mbps down. My battery life was also better than ever. I'm totally digging the usable speeds, but I just expected faster.

LTE is popping up all over Sun Prairie.  It's pretty strong on North Bird Street (by liberty station).  I looked at my phone last night, and had LTE at the aquatic center.  I had LTE by Costco..but went to Roaming by the Main street exit on 151....went back to LTE at the Windsor street exit.

Sun Prairie has had Spotty 4G for a little over 2 weeks now! Is it coming to say! Please say yes!

288vbz5.png

Got a lte signal tonight at Hubbard park in Shorewood. Must have been the estabrook tower. 5mbps down. My battery life was also better than ever. I'm totally digging the usable speeds, but I just expected faster.

I have also noticed the speeds not being breath taking.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the speeds will more than likely get better as these towers are just in their infancy. As more towers go up, the amount of phones connecting to a tower will be spread out a little better thus allowing for more bandwidth per phone.

I grabbed on to the Lake Mills tower off 94 about a month or so ago. I think this might have been one of the first few to go up in the Milwaukee/Madison market. Anyways, I was doing between 15 - 20mbps down. That also might be skewed by how little bandwidth is taken up on the tower in that small town though.

I have also noticed the speeds not being breath taking.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the speeds will more than likely get better as these towers are just in their infancy. As more towers go up, the amount of phones connecting to a tower will be spread out a little better thus allowing for more bandwidth per phone.

I grabbed on to the Lake Mills tower off 94 about a month or so ago. I think this might have been one of the first few to go up in the Milwaukee/Madison market. Anyways, I was doing between 15 - 20mbps down. That also might be skewed by how little bandwidth is taken up on the tower in that small town though.

That is how i understand it as well. The more i think about it, the more i wonder what will happen to 3G once SMR 800 LTE gets deployed. I think it will make 3G pretty non existent as the LTE signal will propagate farther than 3G. I think Sprint's big "secret weapon" will be LTE on SMR 800.

I'm very excited for Sprint's potential. They just closed the deal with Clearwire and Softbank, so I think Softbank will be very eager to pump some cash into Sprint and make Sprint's network the best around. With all that Clearwire spectrum, they have more capacity than anyone else!

I'm very excited for Sprint's potential. They just closed the deal with Clearwire and Softbank, so I think Softbank will be very eager to pump some cash into Sprint and make Sprint's network the best around. With all that Clearwire spectrum, they have more capacity than anyone else!

Agreed. Im hoping to hear something in the next few weeks from Softbank on how they will make Sprint more competitive.

Speeds in Sun Prairie, Locations South Bird Street! Steady 4G for 1 Day Now!!2a9qiqx.png

Can you test something for me? Try and stream a few 720p movie trailers on Youtube. Im curious to see if there is any sort of delay/buffering.

The one's I loaded in HD had no problem!

That's awesome. My fear was there would be some sort of throttling or lag. Can't wait to get LTE at work and near my house in Waukesha.

Agreed. Im hoping to hear something in the next few weeks from Softbank on how they will make Sprint more competitive.

Well, there's been a leak of a Sprint document showing new unlimited plans and "family" plans in a sense, but I'm actually kind of disappointed. The pricing actually makes it more expensive than their current family plans if you have 2-5 lines. So I hope that's not their entire new strategy to compete better and make customers happy :/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57593139-94/leaked-doc-details-new-sprint-phone-plans/

Well, there's been a leak of a Sprint document showing new unlimited plans and "family" plans in a sense, but I'm actually kind of disappointed. The pricing actually makes it more expensive than their current family plans if you have 2-5 lines. So I hope that's not their entire new strategy to compete better and make customers happy :/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57593139-94/leaked-doc-details-new-sprint-phone-plans/

Good thing our "Plans" will be grandfathered in :)