Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'd send you but it's only going to show my normal b25 and two known b41 locations so not much help. I'm waiting for a future import function for SCP to possibly preload locations for the site notes.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

That would be nice.

I'd send you but it's only going to show my normal b25 and two known b41 locations so not much help. I'm waiting for a future import function for SCP to possibly preload locations for the site notes.

It's easy to import into since the db is just Sql.

That would be nice.

From mikejeep an import function is coming. If you have the right tools and knowledge you can pull the db file and do it manually but I haven't had the time to try and accomplish this myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's easy to import into since the db is just Sql.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong I basically took the band 25 spreadsheet and made two columns the site address and gci. I formatted the gci to be 12345600 instead of 123456## and saved as csv. I then imported the data to the lte sites table clearing all data and using the csv data for the user_note and gci fields and save and put back on the phone but I still get no user notes.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong I basically took the band 25 spreadsheet and made two columns the site address and gci. I formatted the gci to be 12345600 instead of 123456## and saved as csv. I then imported the data to the lte sites table clearing all data and using the csv data for the user_note and gci fields and save and put back on the phone but I still get no user notes.

Make sure you have the PLMN set. I also made a table of the three sectors to do a multiple join that tripled each site with the respective sector number. I don't think it is needed anymore though since he fixed the select query to do a max on the GCI.

Send me the GCIs, site descriptions , etc and sectors required. I can make one up for you.

Make sure you have the PLMN set. I also made a table of the three sectors to do a multiple join that tripled each site with the respective sector number. I don't think it is needed anymore though since he fixed the select query to do a max on the GCI.

Send me the GCIs, site descriptions , etc and sectors required. I can make one up for you.

I was just thinking that I need to add the PLMN field I just took the entire Missouri market spreadsheet for B25 since that's all the info I have. I'll take another stab when I get back home to add the PLMN on the table and see if that does it before troubling you. Thanks

I was just thinking that I need to add the PLMN field I just took the entire Missouri market spreadsheet for B25 since that's all the info I have. I'll take another stab when I get back home to add the PLMN on the table and see if that does it before troubling you. Thanks

Yes, it is required. I have one with two markets and an AT&T market in it.

Yes, it is required. I have one with two markets and an AT&T market in it.

I originally thought it was the first attempt had ## as the sector id I know it's supposed to ignore the last two digits so for the second attempt I changed it to 00 then I was looking at the data and thought about the PLMN right when you replied. I don't venture outside the St Louis area often so the Missouri market will do fine and then the only sites I hit without notes will be b26 or b41 so I can grab those to report.

I originally thought it was the first attempt had ## as the sector id I know it's supposed to ignore the last two digits so for the second attempt I changed it to 00 then I was looking at the data and thought about the PLMN right when you replied. I don't venture outside the St Louis area often so the Missouri market will do fine and then the only sites I hit without notes will be b26 or b41 so I can grab those to report.

No, I was meaning that the Plmn was required as in for example, I have 2 different provider networks in the same file since you can switch on the fly on the N5.

No, I was meaning that the Plmn was required as in for example, I have 2 different provider networks in the same file since you can switch on the fly on the N5.

No I caught that I was just thinking that the PLMN was probably required when you replied and confirmed it.

Now I made the change and of course LTE has been difficult inside for the last week or so. Whenever LTE decides to connect I'll have my answer.

Sprint really needs to get downtown done. I'm at the cards game and data is pretty much unusable. Had to switch to my tmo sim.

Completing downtown will not help that. Maybe Band 41 will help, but when you put that many people in one place, no carrier is able to handle on the macro level. You have to have small cells. Either a DAS system, or pico cells, or just plain public WiFi. 

There are only two more macro sites to be completed downtown anyway.

Completing downtown will not help that. Maybe Band 41 will help, but when you put that many people in one place, no carrier is able to handle on the macro level. You have to have small cells. Either a DAS system, or pico cells, or just plain public WiFi. 

There are 3 sites that are full legacy and they are the ones surrounding the stadium. Tmobile is very useable here during the game (not sure if they have small cells) as well as Verizon (again not sure about small cells).

There are 3 sites that are full legacy and they are the ones surrounding the stadium. Tmobile is very useable here during the game (not sure if they have small cells) as well as Verizon (again not sure about small cells).

I said there are TWO macro sites remaining downtown. The third, in the courthouse, is not a macro site. It's a DAS. It will not provide any relief to the network at large.

I said there are TWO macro sites remaining downtown. The third, in the courthouse, is not a macro site. It's a DAS. It will not provide any relief to the network at large.

Oh sorry I didn't notice that when I took a glance at the map. My point still stands that sprint is near unusable while other carriers whose LTE networks are more mature do not have as much degradation in service.

Oh sorry I didn't notice that when I took a glance at the map. My point still stands that sprint is near unusable while other carriers whose LTE networks are more mature do not have as much degradation in service.

Not arguing that. Just saying that those two additional sites won't provide much relief. A second B25 carrier, B26 and B41 may make a difference. There's just not enough capacity in one 5x5 LTE carrier for that many people.

Verizon and T-Mobile have wider LTE channels which help. They also likely have a denser network around the stadium. Which is an area which Sprint could certainly improve. Not sure when that will happen, but small cell deployment is supposedly part of NV 2.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Now I made the change and of course LTE has been difficult inside for the last week or so. Whenever LTE decides to connect I'll have my answer.

4th try was a charm. The 3rd try I had reversed two digits in the PLMN. It worked great until I got to 55/Richardson and picked up a site that is not in my normal zone but is b25 I'll have to look on the spreadsheet when I get home. It was not a Jefferson County or south St Louis County site (in the areas I typically travel 55/270/44) since I keep a printout of those in the car.

Sprint really needs to get downtown done. I'm at the cards game and data is pretty much unusable. Had to switch to my tmo sim.

Completing downtown will not help that. Maybe Band 41 will help, but when you put that many people in one place, no carrier is able to handle on the macro level. You have to have small cells. Either a DAS system, or pico cells, or just plain public WiFi

I have a friend who works for the Cardinals. Stadium WiFi should be coming to Busch Stadium after the All-Star break -- that'll at least help out Team Yellow. I know how brutal it can be...

• Like 2

eqyqyty3.jpg

Look what showed up at my house today for a second. It was originally at -105dbm then shot up when I was headed to screenshot.

Note that I'm not sure if I need to edit this or not. So if it needs to be edited out feel free to remove it(I'll pm it to a sponsor in that case).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

eqyqyty3.jpg

Look what showed up at my house today for a second. It was originally at -105dbm then shot up when I was headed to screenshot.

Note that I'm not sure if I need to edit this or not. So if it needs to be edited out feel free to remove it(I'll pm it to a sponsor in that case).

I believe the general consensus is if you publicly pick it up on your phone then it's open game

I believe the general consensus is if you publicly pick it up on your phone then it's open game

Unless you are a premier sponsor or staff, that is correct. We can't post this kinda stuff but if you are a regular sponsor or regular member feel free to post it.

• Like 1

I'll have to head in that way to see if I can get a connection long enough for a speed test. It'll be interesting to see how unloaded it is in this rural area.

• Like 1