Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Well it had disappeared for awhile. Now its back and fluctuating between an -80-90dbm 1x 800 signal and a -100ish 1x RTT signal that's coming from a site half the distance away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh alrighty then, thank you!

Here you go. I found it odd because I've never connected to this tower before at my house. The reach on 800 is insane lol.

Don't forget that Missouri market sites don't broadcast their actual location.

Don't forget that Missouri market sites don't broadcast their actual location.

I know where this particular one is at because its on the way towards a family members house. So I took the time to inspect the panels, I wanted to know how my service would be lol. Everyone thinks I'm super odd because I like inspecting cell towers. The woes of being a wireless technology enthusiast:P.

• Like 1

I know where this particular one is at because its on the way towards a family members house. So I took the time to inspect the panels, I wanted to know how my service would be lol. Everyone thinks I'm super odd because I like inspecting cell towers. The woes of being a wireless technology enthusiast:P.

Any way you can get to the 1x engineering screen and post a shot of that that includes the 1x PN? Please and thanks!

Any way you can get to the 1x engineering screen and post a shot of that that includes the 1x PN? Please and thanks!

If and or when it pops back up I'll do my best. It popped up twice for about 10-15 minutes at a time and I have yet to see it again today.

Here's the screen shot you asked for. It barely stayed long enough to grab itxD. If you need anything below the PN line I grabbed shots of those also. Just let me know.

Edit: also what exactly is the PN? I tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Now I feel dumb...

4etuta5y.jpg

Edited by kojitsari
  • Like 1

Here's the screen shot you asked for. It barely stayed long enough to grab itxD. If you need anything below the PN line I grabbed shots of those also. Just let me know.

Edit: also what exactly is the PN? I tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Now I feel dumb...

It is sort of(not really) the same as the PCI but for 1x. It can identify a site. If I tell you anymore I'd have to kill you. lol

It is sort of(not really) the same as the PCI but for 1x. It can identify a site. If I tell you anymore I'd have to kill you. lol

That's what I figured. Thanks for the explanation (sorta), but I'd prefer to keep my skin intact for a few more years xD. Was it at least something new/useful, or was it redundant information?

That's what I figured. Thanks for the explanation (sorta), but I'd prefer to keep my skin intact for a few more years xD. Was it at least something new/useful, or was it redundant information?

Definitely useful.

The next you are in Union can you give us a screen shot of SCP if you are connect to LTE please?

The next you are in Union can you give us a screen shot of SCP if you are connect to LTE please?

I'll try to make a point to actually go into union sometime then. Do you need me to connect to a particular tower? I know where they're both at (opposite sides of town).

Edit: I'm actually in Washington more than anything. LTE flies certain places (25mb down or higher), it even stayed around 15mb last Saturday when there were 500 down at the lake taking prom photos.

Edited by kojitsari

I'll try to make a point to actually go into union sometime then. Do you need me to connect to a particular tower? I know where they're both at (opposite sides of town).

Edit: I'm actually in Washington more than anything. LTE flies certain places (25mb down or higher), it even stayed around 15mb last Saturday when there were 500 down at the lake taking prom photos.

If you can post screen shots from all the towers you get LTE in Washington and Union that would be great. 

If you can post screen shots from all the towers you get LTE in Washington and Union that would be great.

I'm assuming this is for a sponsor spread sheet or something for our market? Also there is one tower off of 100 that's not in city limits that I know is throwing out LTE, so I'll grab that one too. I'm going to have to break into my Dropbox now lol.

Well 800 popped up for a second again. This time with a different PN. navyquge.jpg

Is there any evidence of a second B25 carrier being added in the STL area? I know sprint got the extra PCS spectrum from the U.S. Cellular deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is there any evidence of a second B25 carrier being added in the STL area? I know sprint got the extra PCS spectrum from the U.S. Cellular deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will we be able to see this... My guess was it is additional 1900mhz capacity so I would think that the id's etc would remain the same but the upload and download channels will be wider. Is there a way to tell or am I off base.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Will we be able to see this... My guess was it is additional 1900mhz capacity so I would think that the id's etc would remain the same but the upload and download channels will be wider. Is there a way to tell or am I off base.

I would assume that they'd do it the same way as they did Chicago. As a completely separate 5x5 carrier, due to the spectrum not being continuous.

It would be a separate 5x5 carrier if it existed. It would have different upload and download channels, and a new GCI code.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

It would be a separate 5x5 carrier if it existed. It would have different upload and download channels, and a new GCI code.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well something to look forward to...will we have info in sponsors thread for this or just premier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well something to look forward to...will we have info in sponsors thread for this or just premier

We don't have any info on this. I don't believe it is occurring. If it is, it's up to someone to actually spot it and report it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

We don't have any info on this. I don't believe it is occurring. If it is, it's up to someone to actually spot it and report it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'll watch my normal travels which is northern Jefferson County and Fenton....did not see any 1x800 yet but nice to see a lot more green and a few oranges on the map. Too bad I had to wipe and lose everything yesterday I lost all my SignalCheck notes it makes it easier to note a site I haven't seen yet.