Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

The 2nd from the bottom or the top rack is Sprint. I dont think Sprint uses mini dishes on there racks.

Lets keep watch on it though.

That work could be Clearwire. but I can't tell from what is shown.

LTE Engineering screenshot for Fairview

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Yep, thats the Old Collinsville Rd and Salem site thanks. What kind of speeds were you getting? It might have been overloaded by the 25+ LTE devices at the Sprint Store at Lincoln Trail/Frey Ln and employees showing off. I'll be up there Thursday to pick up my wife's third GNex in 21 days.

Dang, guess I better look closer next time. Didn't want to take a bunch of pictures of the guys working. That's kind of creepy.

Not real creepy unless  you yell 'work it baby" or something.

• Like 3

Dang, guess I better look closer next time. Didn't want to take a bunch of pictures of the guys working. That's kind of creepy.

Naw its all good. We don't know where they strike next in St Chuck Co. Its hard to get to the permits unlike STL Co

Yep, thats the Old Collinsville Rd and Salem site thanks. What kind of speeds were you getting? It might have been overloaded by the 25+ LTE devices at the Sprint Store at Lincoln Trail/Frey Ln and employees showing off. I'll be up there Thursday to pick up my wife's third GNex in 21 days.

Third GNex in 3 weeks? Wow.

Grabbed the 3-digit SCIDs for the IL Rt159/Rt140 site (Jamestown Rd, South of Holiday Shores):  126 - 295 - 464.

Funny thing is, I caught a glimpse of SCID 295 at Rt143 & I-55 last Wednesday, but I convinced myself that I misread it and that it must have been SCID 290 from the St. Jacob site.

Third GNex in 3 weeks? Wow.

Yes, they keep having this issue where the phone thinks there is a headset plugged in and does all kinds of random crazy headphone remote stuff like turning the music on, toggling the earpiece on and off during a call, disabling the proximity sensor. Weird stuff I tell you. Hopefully this replacement works....if not I'm going to demand a different model....as long as they don't offer the viper....

Yes, they keep having this issue where the phone thinks there is a headset plugged in and does all kinds of random crazy headphone remote stuff like turning the music on, toggling the earpiece on and off during a call, disabling the proximity sensor. Weird stuff I tell you. Hopefully this replacement works....if not I'm going to demand a different model....as long as they don't offer the viper....

I had that issue with an AT&T Galaxy S1 some years ago, the ghost headset thing

Grabbed the 3-digit SCIDs for the IL Rt159/Rt140 site (Jamestown Rd, South of Holiday Shores):  126 - 295 - 464.

Funny thing is, I caught a glimpse of SCID 295 at Rt143 & I-55 last Wednesday, but I convinced myself that I misread it and that it must have been SCID 290 from the St. Jacob site.

Awesome! I was wondering which member mapped the other side of that site. Also thats not impossible I have gotten some strange signals pop up from that distance. I mapped that particular site all the way down to 143 on 159. That one is strong. I was hoping someone would map that one north to Holliday Shores to see how far it wnet.

Picked up SCID 102 this morning as I was approaching 367 and Chambers from the north.  Signal strength got as high as -70ish.  Grabbed a quick screenshot.  I figured the site on top of the apartment building there was active.  I thought I'd just swing around the building, confirm that the SCID changes appropriately, and log another active site.  However, my signal went away, never to return.  Maybe it's in "donut mode."  Or maybe they just saw me coming as switched it off.

I think I've confirmed that Chambers & 367 is in donut mode:

Yesterday I tried to retrace my steps from Monday.  But this time, I fired up a terminal emulator and continuously pinged google.com to keep the connection alive (idea from digiblur).  Drove south on 367 toward the site, getting 4G from riverview & 270.  Sure enough, SCID switched to 102 again.  This time it kept the connection all the way to the parking lot of the building that the antennas are on.  -74 dB signal strength.  I drove to the south side of the building, and 4G disappeared, I assume because I tried to change sectors?.  Toggled airplane mode, nothing.  Drove back to the point I got the -74 dB signal just moments before & toggled airplane mode:  Nuthin'.

This morning, I tried from a different direction.  I connected to the Lucas&Hunt/New Hall Ferry site, started pinging again, and drove east on Chambers toward the site in question.  Sure enough, SCID switched to 440 (that's 102+169+169).  Kept the connection until I turned off the ping.  Couldn't reconnect to 4G.  (Even though I should have been able to grab the Lucas&Hunt site.)

I assume they will start allowing connections once the site is accepted.

Anyway, maybe Digiblur can comment.  (If he still comes around here any more.)

I'm placing an educated guess that work is going on at 141/44 again today. That's my local tower at work at Maritz and my 3g is picking up the Ballwin Keifer Creek site instead

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk Beta 4

I think I've confirmed that Chambers & 367 is in donut mode:

Yesterday I tried to retrace my steps from Monday.  But this time, I fired up a terminal emulator and continuously pinged google.com to keep the connection alive (idea from digiblur).  Drove south on 367 toward the site, getting 4G from riverview & 270.  Sure enough, SCID switched to 102 again.  This time it kept the connection all the way to the parking lot of the building that the antennas are on.  -74 dB signal strength.  I drove to the south side of the building, and 4G disappeared, I assume because I tried to change sectors?.  Toggled airplane mode, nothing.  Drove back to the point I got the -74 dB signal just moments before & toggled airplane mode:  Nuthin'.

This morning, I tried from a different direction.  I connected to the Lucas&Hunt/New Hall Ferry site, started pinging again, and drove east on Chambers toward the site in question.  Sure enough, SCID switched to 440 (that's 102+169+169).  Kept the connection until I turned off the ping.  Couldn't reconnect to 4G.  (Even though I should have been able to grab the Lucas&Hunt site.)

I assume they will start allowing connections once the site is accepted.

Anyway, maybe Digiblur can comment.  (If he still comes around here any more.)

Man....Now I am going to have to drive over there and try to grab the hex to confirm.

Man....Now I am going to have to drive over there and try to grab the hex to confirm.

Unless you're just dying to drive over there don't worry I'll get it.  I am much closer and can get it after I leave work this afternoon.  

Unless you're just dying to drive over there don't worry I'll get it.  I am much closer and can get it after I leave work this afternoon.  

Please do! I'd rather not....lol

Still nothing from Rosewood Heights btw

Yep.  I drove by again last night and didn't get anything.  Yippee.

AMF back at Alton behind Lowes, this time doing tower work. It looks as if they have one of the six legacy antennas off(maybe to move it over like they did in Bethalto?)But I'm thinking NV antennas will be on there today or tomorrow.

There is a building there shaped like a triangle. You should be able to see the panels from the highway/service road. Can you check and see if NV Antennas are up?

Here's the site at 64/40 and Mason...I guess those are NV panels up?

Posted Image

It looks like the rooftop panels are up at St. Mary's SSM on Lindbergh (north of Ladue Rd, south of Olive). They're painted to match the building, though...

• Like 1

It looks like the rooftop panels are up at St. Mary's SSM on Lindbergh (north of Ladue Rd, south of Olive). They're painted to match the building, though...

They have the panels(NOT LTE) painted on the Hotel at 5th St and 70 in St Charles too. Wonder if they'll do it with the NV panels. Could pass by it one day and not realize they're up.